Headwear for Hot weather...

Todd L

Just a Tip for anyone who might be interested.

I used to wear Baseball caps to the parks In the hot weather. I have very Fare Irish Skin and a HUGE forehead that gets burned very quickly.

I used to wear these while I was In the Air Force and Got a Few before Our trip a few years back.

They are referred to as Boonie Hats . The come In light weight material (be sure to ask for Hot weather) and a bunch of Different colors.

My son wears Digital Desert Camo.They cost around $15 at your local Army Navy store.

No more sweating into a Heavy Cotton hat that gets all nasty with stains.

End of the day you can rinse it out in the sink and They wont lose their shape. Btw, My wife REFUSES to wear these as does my Daughter...the are Murder on your hair...according to them anyway!!

N

Todd L

Original Poster
I am very fair as well. I've been known to sport a safari hat similar to that photo but a bit floppier. It's made of wicking material as well.
I run the new ones thru the washer a few times to soften them up a bit!! They get real comfy.....of course you have to run to the restroom everytime you sit down to eat so you can comb your hair but No biggie!!

Upvote 0

jw24

For me, it's typically baseball caps simply because of the hot weather. I usually wear hats in which I don't mind sweating in plus it's easier to stow away in my bags. But I mean, it's got to be something you can wear for the most of the day and don't mind having it get wet from rain or sweat. I frown upon visors because personally, I think they're tacky.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

real mad hatter

I like my WDW baseball cap ( I buy a new one each trip ) However I do agree,they do get stained,etc..But I've tried Bandana's which were not bad,but my favourite is my flipity flopity hat..:D The David Bowie hat from the early 70's...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

And Mr Bowie would like it back ;)
Hang on to yourself ( excuse the song pun ) But I was given the hat by Mick Ronson ( R.I.P. ) when I met him after a Hunter/Ronson concert in Glasgow...That was in 1975..One of my favourite guitar players of all time,and a proper gentleman.My photo of the two of us hangs proudly in my music room..:happy:

Upvote 0

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Hang on to yourself ( excuse the song pun ) But I was given the hat by Mick Ronson ( R.I.P. ) when I met him after a Hunter/Ronson concert in Glasgow...That was in 1975..One of my favourite guitar players of all time,and a proper gentleman.My photo of the two of us hangs proudly in my music room..:happy:

1975 was a good year for me too :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom