Heading to Disney without the family.

Luige11

Original Poster
Hi Everyone :). Rather than going to Disney World with the entire family, my mother and I decided to book a trip with just the two of us. We plan on staying 4-5 days. With that being said and having much time to ourselves, what things shouldn't we miss on our trip? Many thanks!

luv

I took two trips with my mom. I'm glad we did it. If we'd waited until my son was grown, we wouldn't have done it because she died. And my son had the BEST time staying with Grandpa! Grandpa lets you have CANDY FOR BREAKFAST! Grandpa doesn't make you go to bed if you AREN'T TIRED! Grandpa doesn't care if you dont make the bed. Grandpa lets you put all the salt you want on your food and lets you cook hot dogs by putting it on a fork and holding it over the flame on the oven burner. Grandpa doesn't make you go to church, lets you DRIVE HIS CAR up and down the street. Because Grandpa is so awesome and cool.

Unfortunately, grandpa in no way resembles the guy who raised me and DS doesn't believe me that he used to be even less cool than I am.

I don't know what your mom will like. My mom's favorite thing was Mission:Space. She told everyone about it. Said it was the best experience of her life and that while she would NEVER do it again, she was so glad she'd done it. She also liked the Hoop Dee Doo, the barbershop quartet (they asked her for a request and proceeded to sing Lida Rose to her), IASW, Mickey's Philharmagic, Soarin (a lot), Maelstrom, TGMR, ToT, the Beauty and the Beast show and just about everything in the AK, especially FotLK. AK was far and away her favorite park. Made me take a picture of her next to a bench in the AK, lol. I framed it and put that out after she died.

She loved Sea World, too.

She did not care for Pooh, Peter Pan, the Country Bears or Figment. At all.

I hope you guys have a great time!

Disney Shib

My mom and I always make it a point to spend some time just walking in and out of the different shops in the World Showcase. Grab a glass of wine in Italy, sit at a table and just people watch. It's a great opportunity to catch up with each other and enjoy the sites and sounds of EPCOT. :)

Poofiesdream

I travel to Disney twice a year with my now 88 year old mother. We started going about 9 years ago. My kids are grown and moved away. So Mom and I go, we both like traveling. My husband not so much but he and I go at least once a year. Your mother will like anything you do as long as your doing it together!

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'd say book a special mommy and me meal your never too old for one of those and take her to see her favorite princess! Make sure to see Wishes, Illuminations and Fantasmic!!! I can't wait to my boys are old enough to do a mommy and me trip!

aw14

I am going to be going for the first time without my family this week. My wife is totally fine with it, but my daughter is having a very hard time with 1. me being away; and
2. me being in Disney.

Lots of tears recently :(

I am going with my husband this may and we have booked two tours and will be doing things you normally wouldn't be able when we bring our boys. I am also trying to book a dessert party as well as go to Victoria & Alberts and do there chefs table.

Redhawk

Have afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian resort. They have a piano player in the lobby so you can listen while you have your tea, then sit in the lobby and relax or write postcards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom