Head of Walt Disney World Resort Operations and Transportation Tom Wolber leaving Walt Disney World

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

PeterMarcus

Interestingly enough, that combined position was only just created a few months ago.

That's what I thought -- he was just moved to this position this last Spring? DLP seems like quite a promotion. Was the Resorts/Transport thing a placeholder, or did he really accomplish anything in 3-4 months?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

Soarin' Over Pgh

:eek: Dem super white teef.

blogger-image--1324279246.jpg

Reminds me of this guy

bruce-the-shark__340460.jpg

AndyMagic

I know WDC is terrified to hire upper-level executives with actual experience or expertise in whatever field the job opening requires but this would be a good opportunity to split the position in two and hire someone with public transit or urban planning experience to oversee all intra-resort transportation. Bring in someone like Jay Walder or Steve Norvick and those monorails and buses will be running like a well-oiled machine before you know it. The company can't keep hiring restaurant managers and asking them to bake the cakes.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
It seems like they are bringing in a lot of new blood. We have a new President of the Walt Disney Travel Company (and he is also VP of global sales) (Kenneth Svendsen) whom I had the pleasure of meeting and having a lengthy conversation with when I attended the Mine Train press event in May. I am curious to see what they have in store.

Pam

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It seems like they are bringing in a lot of new blood. We have a new President of the Walt Disney Travel Company (and he is also VP of global sales) (Kenneth Svendsen) whom I had the pleasure of meeting and having a lengthy conversation with when I attended the Mine Train press event in May. I am curious to see what they have in store.

Pam

But I don't know if they are putting the correct gas in the proper vessels. Yeah they can be social and have the proper grace at media events but Disney formerly recruited top notch from the industry they represented to fill key positions. I look at individuals like you with Kingdom Konsultants and others like Beci Mahnken MEI-Travel & Mouse Fan Travel. Individuals that have a real pulse for what guests are looking for and more so what doesn't work so well. Likely you and Beci have deeper knowledge of all the aspects of WDW Travel than the dude that has been concentrating on global sales to fill the WD Travel Co's position.

I have a friend that headed a good chunk of Chicago's transportation system. When we were floundering as a school district with our transportation a set of fresh eyes, my friend was able to come in with his experience in the industry to rework our failings. Bringing in a high level executive from Walgreen's would not have likely fixed our transportation system. I believe this is where Disney is going wrong with their shuffling of executives, lack of education and experience in the positions they are rotated to fill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom