HEA out of park?

KeithVH

Original Poster
Search is not my friend today so have to ask. Haven't been to the World in 7 years (DL and DCL instead). Going in May now. I understand HEA is fairly heavy on the projection aspect of the show. Question is, is it worth trying to watch the show from the Poly beach? Wishes used to be great from there (especially when they did perimeter shots). Do they still pipe the music in? Or should I just be content with the Water Pageant and call it an evening?

Riviera Rita

Search is not my friend today so have to ask. Haven't been to the World in 7 years (DL and DCL instead). Going in May now. I understand HEA is fairly heavy on the projection aspect of the show. Question is, is it worth trying to watch the show from the Poly beach? Wishes used to be great from there (especially when they did perimeter shots). Do they still pipe the music in? Or should I just be content with the Water Pageant and call it an evening?
They still pipe the music, but, you cannot see the castle projection show.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
The shows are enhanced in park with projections but they're still great to see from outside the parks. The monorail resorts make a lot of money from people booking theme park view rooms, visiting restaurants and lounges, club, etc with views that they haven't made shows worse from a distance, at least imo.

Touchdown

You can still see some of the projections from the beach. If you are willing to sacrifice being lined up correctly, you could see more of the projections from the contemporary. There is a patio off the Grand Canyon Concourse on the MK side, the music is pumped in there as well. In order to not have the monorail block some of your view I walk up 2-5 flights of the emergency (outdoor) staircase on the BL side and watch off a landing, can still hear the music. I mainly do this on party nights when I get back from another park prior to showtime.

IanDLBZF

Perfect view IMHO is at California Grill.
You cannot beat it.
Food here's pretty good if it isn't on the Prix Fixe menu. ADRs are a must here.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Despite what the HEA haters say, you can enjoy this show without needing to see the projections. I've watched it from all of the usual spots at the deluxe resorts, behind the castle in Fantasyland, and from the patio of my townhouse on Reams Rd when I was a local.

EricsBiscuit

There’s a ton of pyro. No need to see it up close if you don’t have the time to land a good spot.

KeithVH

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Sometimes reading some of the threads here, you'd think not a single show is worth watching anymore. Although my oldest still refuses to admit something might be better than Wishes. Having done some of the early dessert parties when they weren't 100+ freakin' dollars, we don't need the castle view at this point (let alone Main Street guest craziness).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom