HDDR vs. BYBQ

Capt.EO

All,
Looking for opinons on the Hoop Dee Doo Revue vs. Mickey's Back Yard BBQ. What are your thoughts on one vs. the other? Which one has the best show, best food, best for kids, best for adults, etc.. etc... :confused::confused:

stillgoofy

I think both are great, but for kids I would say the Backyard BBQ. My daughter loved the live music and dancing all night with the characters. The food was plentiful and so was the entertainment. Although I also love HoopDeDoo, it was nice to be able to get up and move around freely throughout the dance hall.

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

Hoop de doo. The only thing the BBQ has over the HDDR is the characters. When are you going? The venue for MBBQ is awful, it gets so hot and gross in there. The food, location and show are better at the Hoop dee. We have vowed to never do the BBQ again; I have a feeling we won't stick to this and will end up giving it a shot when the kids are a couple years older, we'll see.

Upvote 0

WDW 3

There are people that the HDDR is a must do every year. One and done for us. Same with BBQ. For kids the BBQ is better because of the characters. Dancing with Goofy, Chip & Dale. Also Mickey and Minnie were very good about going to every table for individual photos.

Upvote 0

ob1thx1138

My wife and I 36 and 37 and both my boys 16 and 8 LOVED the HDDR and vow to go back on our next trip. The food was great except when we asked for seconds on the ribs the ribs they brought out were hit or miss, a few were excellent and others were dry. Other than that the whole experience was top notch.

We did not do the BBQ because we went in June/July and I cannot stand eating outside when I am hot.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

I have never done the BBQ but did HDDR when we went in November and absolutely LOVED it!! We had an 18yo, 16yo and 11yo with us and they loved it as well! it was my cousins 16th birthday and he got a kiss on each cheek from 2 of the performers during the show lol:lol:

Upvote 0

KSwart

There are people that the HDDR is a must do every year. One and done for us. Same with BBQ. For kids the BBQ is better because of the characters. Dancing with Goofy, Chip & Dale. Also Mickey and Minnie were very good about going to every table for individual photos.

You are making my decision easier.... my girls are 9, 8, 5, and 4 and anything that has dancing with characters is a plus :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I love the HDDR!!! That has my vote! My DS is 9 and he thought it was the funniest this ever. I'm not too sure your younger kids will find it amusing though. You might be safer with the BYBBQ

Upvote 0

Irie

My kids have always loved HDDMR. My son is now 11 and I asked him, if he wanted to do HDDMR this upcoming trip and his response was "Why wouldn't we?"

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Hoop Dee Doo Revue
Love it!...One of our favorites!...Going again this fall!
Wonderful show!...Lots of fun!
Great food!...Especially the fried chicken! :slurp:
The kids loved it!...There is a lot of audience participation.
The adults loved it too!
I would highly recommend it! :D

Backyard BBQ
It was OK.
My hubby liked it better than anyone.
The characters were very interactive - lots of dancing.
The food was OK - there is lots of it though.
My boys were not too crazy about it, but my girl liked it.
It's fun to do at least once.

:wave:

Upvote 0

lbrad

DH & I enjoyed both HDDR & MBBQ...

My DD LOVED the BBQ!!! My DS x2 HATED it!!! They don't like to dance & the characters did NOT come to the tables :(
My DD is a social butterfly & couldn't get enough!!!!

DS x2 loved HDDR!!! I have never seen them laugh so much.
DD also enjoyed it. They do have a lot of audience participation.

My children are all adults now...so we'll be heading to Fort Wilderness for the HDDR...at least till the grandbabies (grand daughters) come along:animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom