Having your ashes scattered at Disney

fridgepoliceman

Original Poster
My mother recently told me she wanted to be creamated and that her ashes were to be spread near some flamingo pond in WDW(I forget where exactly). I just wondered... is there some sort of outdoor vaccum that they use around the park..lol..or is there anything in a dead persons ashes that would kill a flamingo? Cause I know things make chickens explode and stuff. Anybody have any advice on any of these topics? especially if you have a better place in mind.

THANK YOU!!!
(homer)

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Originally posted by fridgepoliceman
My mother recently told me she wanted to be creamated and that her ashes were to be spread near some flamingo pond in WDW(I forget where exactly). I just wondered... is there some sort of outdoor vaccum that they use around the park..lol..or is there anything in a dead persons ashes that would kill a flamingo? Cause I know things make chickens explode and stuff. Anybody have any advice on any of these topics? especially if you have a better place in mind.

THANK YOU!!!
(homer)

Your Mom is probably referring to the flamingo pond next to the Mexico pavilion. WDW would not give you permission to do such a thing, however, I wouldn't bother to ask them the question. I would just do it! Cremated human remains would not cause any harm to the birds or other wildlife. Also, Alka-Seltzer does not make birds explode. Urban rumor.

fridgepoliceman

Original Poster
I was never planning on asking them....lol. I'm not that stupid!! haha. anyways. I dont know about alka seltzer... but something makes them explode. I forget what it is now... but I saw it happen recently. in real life.

Erika

It's illegal in a lot of places to dump ashes without permission, so you would deffinitely have to do it without being seen. Have you scattered ashes before? I did once, and I remember there being a lot more of them than I thought there would be, and also that there were a lot of chunks in there. So it's not as simple as you may think to do it in secret.

The_CEO

My grandfather hired a man to fly a Cessna over the 7 Seas Lagoon for my releatives Ashe Spreading lol. No Lie

ACE

Originally posted by Erika
It's illegal in a lot of places to dump ashes without permission, so you would deffinitely have to do it without being seen. Have you scattered ashes before? I did once, and I remember there being a lot more of them than I thought there would be, and also that there were a lot of chunks in there. So it's not as simple as you may think to do it in secret.

Run it through a blender first to take out the chunks.:lol:

Sorry, no disrespect intended. The "chunks" thing just hit me funny. Again I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

:wave: ACE

Monorail Lime

I wouldn't mind being dumped in the Seven Seas Lagoon. My next of kin could easily sneak me in with a camera bag and pour me out from the ferryboat. The ferry ride is long enough to get the job done no matter how chunky I am. :lol:

I know they would never allow it, but it would be really cool if they could mix my ashes with gunpowder and make me a part of the fireworks! :cool:

The Mom

Premium Member
OK. I transported my father's ashes from Fl to RI, so have a little experience with this.

Go to your local supermarket, and pick up a 7lb bag of cat or dog food...that's the approximate weight you'll be carrying (at least that's what I was toting.) The bulk will be smaller...closer to the size of a 5-10 lb bag of flour. Now imagine trying to scatter the contents without being noticed! Can it be done...possibly, but not easily.

Also, I was issued a permit to transport "human remains" by the funeral home...I think I had to indicate what the final deposition would be. (but could be mistaken...I was a little "stressed" at the time.)

In case you're wondering, I carried the "box" in a backpack. ;)

Don L Duck

I was thinking of doing the same thing when I go.
Well someone doing it for me:hammer:
I wanted to have my urn put in TOT or HM.
Have someone sneak it in and place it on a shelf somewhere.
Do you think anyone would notice?:lookaroun

fridgepoliceman

Original Poster
Originally posted by Don L Duck
I was thinking of doing the same thing when I go.
Well someone doing it for me:hammer:
I wanted to have my urn put in TOT or HM.
Have someone sneak it in and place it on a shelf somewhere.
Do you think anyone would notice?:lookaroun

Maybe... WALT'S GHOST!!!!

chellnjr

Just watch the wind direction when you are spreading ashes. After my father-in-law passed away the family wanted to spread his ashes where he grew up. Just as soon as they started the wind changed and his ashes blew all over everyone! Some even went up my nephew's nose! I think it was one last joke by my FIL! He was just that way.

Erika

Originally posted by chellnjr
Just watch the wind direction when you are spreading ashes. After my father-in-law passed away the family wanted to spread his ashes where he grew up. Just as soon as they started the wind changed and his ashes blew all over everyone! Some even went up my nephew's nose! I think it was one last joke by my FIL! He was just that way.

THANK GOD!!!
I am not the only one.
The same thing happened to me with my grandfather's ashes. I was quite a bit away from the others but that stuff blew FAR. I even got some in my mouth. My grandma went from crying to laughing harder that I had seen in a long time, so I guess it was worth it.

Maria

I loved this thread! Keep them coming! hehe :D

Sorry... I´m being morbid... it´s just that these things can never be discussed in my family! My aunt wanted her ashes spread in the ocean and her sister had to do it in California and get a lot of permits. I am not sure how she did it, but I heard it cost her good money to do it. :animwink:

NowInc

Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
My grandfather hired a man to fly a Cessna over the 7 Seas Lagoon for my releatives Ashe Spreading lol. No Lie

..impressive...especially since Disney is restricted air space....

NowInc

..and to stay ON topic...yes..i want to be creamated...i want my ashes to be shot into space (seriously)....

Maria

Oh yeah... I DO want to be cremated! Make sure I´m totally dead! If I wasn´t dead by then, that would do it for sure! But putting me into a coffin(sp?) 6 feet under for worms to eat me? nooooo please!!! :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom