Having trouble adding baby to hotel reservation

Dreaming of Disney World

Original Poster
Sorry if this isn't the right board... not sure where to put this. Several weeks ago I made a reservation for my family at Coronado Springs through British Airlines with my reward points. When I was making the reservation I said I had a 1 year old, and as soon as I said that the online form would not let me add his name and birthday to the reservation since babies are free. I figured I would call British Airlines later to get him added and continued making the online reservation for the rest of us who are 3+. I have since called British Airlines several times, they said they will add him, and yet he never shows up on the reservation. Disney says they can't do anything about it because they cannot open reservations made by travel agents. I really want his name added so he can get a magic band. I know he should be able to be added because I did this a few years ago when my older child was a baby, and it wasn't a problem (though that was with expedia or priceline). Has anyone dealt with this, and how did you get it resolved? Thanks for any advice.

MegMD

Under 3 will get a magic band. Worst case scenario, add him at check-in, and they will give him a magic band, although it won't be customized. A more immediate concern is if you plan on using the Magical Express. You will definitely want him added before arrival if taking it.

BigThunderMatt

A more immediate concern is if you plan on using the Magical Express. You will definitely want him added before arrival if taking it.

AFAIK just as infants don't technically count towards occupancy in a room I don't believe they necessarily need to be on the reservation to take magical express (since they're not taking up a seat of their own). I doubt DME will give them a hard time when they obviously have a valid reservation. As far as the MagicBand goes just ask when you get to the front desk. It won't actually do anything but your infant can still wear it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom