Have you stayed at Pop Century but wished you upgraded?

G00fyDad

At that hour I hoped you enjoyed the sunrise!
We are "early risers" anyway. Even if we did not leave for the parks then we'd likely be waking up around 6:00am anyway. But I cannot stress how insane the line was behind us by the time they started running the Skyliner. And there were people trying to "merge" from two other areas just past the resort buildings right before the bridge.

Raxel7851

We are "early risers" anyway. Even if we did not leave for the parks then we'd likely be waking up around 6:00am anyway. But I cannot stress how insane the line was behind us by the time they started running the Skyliner. And there were people trying to "merge" from two other areas just past the resort buildings right before the bridge.
Wow @GoofyDad I didn’t realize the Skyliner lines were that crazy!! I like getting up early and heading to the food court for my morning java. I saw the bus lines but didn’t venture over to the Skyliner. I wonder if that’s every day.

G00fyDad

Wow @GoofyDad I didn’t realize the Skyliner lines were that crazy!! I like getting up early and heading to the food court for my morning java. I saw the bus lines but didn’t venture over to the Skyliner. I wonder if that’s every day.
It usually is because Disney has shut down all bus service to HS and EP from the resorts that have access to the Skyliner. (unless the Skyliner is shut down for something.)

NelleBelle

From what I've experienced, the lines calm down significally after the park-opening hours' rush. So much so, that after 10am (not an early riser here, lol), I just walk-up into a gondola, no line.
If we stay here it would be with our teen/collage-age boys who are definitely NOT early risers either! 😂 Pop is on my short-list since we definitely want 2 rooms with those boys!

Riviera Rita

I always stay at Pop, but, the Skyliner makes it so easy to resort hop to the CBR and Riviera Resort to eat. My last trip I didn't have breakfast once at Pop as it was too crowded so I hopped on the Skyliner and had breakfast at the Riviera which had plenty of room and the bread pudding was lovely. I did the same for CBR one morning and not only had a lovely breakfast, but, Goofy and Donald were there too so I also had a meet and greet with two of my favourites. Best of both worlds.

Eric Graham

We've stayed at Pop Century a number of years ago. If you're looking for a moderate resort, you may enjoy Port Orleans with its New Orleans feel. They also have carriage rides at an extra expense for the family. Costco, and AAA, are two great companies that offer resort trips for discounts as well. And the Disney Visa enables you to pay for a trip over the course of 6 months with 0 percent interest And, you can gather Disney points with your spending throughout the year. The Chase card also offers discounts on trips as well. Happy traveling

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
When we add on nights we usually end up at Pop. I'd put some savings into upgrading to preferred room location and the rest into dining.

Vtlsgns2

To answer your questions, the rooms can be noisy, especially by the pool…whenever we stayed there, we always requested a room on the top floor opposite of the pool and it was quieter.

As far as the bed bug situation goes, I know it’s not you, but bed bugs make no distinction on level of room or wealth of a guest. We’ve stayed there 5 times and never had a problem. That’s not to say it hasn’t happened but if Disney ever garnered a reputation of having a bed bug problem, it would put a BIG dent in their reservations, something they don’t ever need especially now.
Have stayed
At the risk of sounded "elitist" when I'm really not, has anyone had trouble with bedbugs at the values versus the moderates? I have really wanted to stay at Pop Century to save money but my wife has always been worried about bedbugs. Personally, I figure that we probably stand the same chance at running into the critters at Port Orleans (favored resort) as at Pop.

Second question. Are the rooms quieter or about the same as the moderates?

I have really been tempted to stay at a value but just had a couple concerns that are probably not warranted.
Have stayed at Pop countless times as well as other values and never an issue.
Had bedbugs at a moderate resort. Daughter had multiple bedbug bites in the morning and we found bugs in the sheets.

S2iAM

I’ve stayed at Pop 4 times and I’ll stay there again. I prefer it if I plan to spend more times in the parks than the resort !

Disney's POP CENTURY Resort Profile - S2iAM's WDW Page - 2023 [HD 720p]

Riviera Rita

I'm am early riser and would head out about 6.40am for the Skyliner and it may look daunting to see the long queue that snakes right back to Building 5 but, once they start loading passengers at 7am that line just disappears, it's nothing like when you get to the line for the MK bus and you lose the will to live.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom