Have you seen Corpse Bride??

DisneyFreak529

Original Poster
Ok so this Saturday night my husband & I went to see Tim Burton's Corpse Bride. I'm a really big Tim Burton fan & an even bigger Johnny Depp fan.

I'm really disappointed in this movie!
It was only an hour long & the story plot was really weak & the songs were corny!

I wanted to see this movie for weeks & now I'm just so let down by it.

Has any one else seen it, what did you think?

no2apprentice

We (wife, two teenage boys, and I) saw it yesterday. We all loved it. Thought the songs were great, jokes were witty, and the plot...well, it was typical Tim Burton: severe fantasy to illustrate a lesson in relationships, happiness, and life (or in this case, also death :animwink: ).

darthdarrel

Fantasmic!329 said:
Looks good, and I want to see it.

I still haven't seen "The Nightmare Before Christmas." :lookaroun
OMG! :eek:
You have got to see it! :wave:
I saw the Corpse bride and I absolutely LOVED it! :sohappy:
I too wish it would have been a bit longer though. :lol:

Enderikari

Saw it... Here's my 15 second review..

Music w/lyrics - Not as good as Nightmare Before Christmas
Music (Orchestral) - Loads better than NBC
Plot - I consider it much better than NBC.
Animation - Leaps and Bounds over NBC.

In short, I will be seeing it again, and am Itunesing the Orchestral music

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I loved it... although, after seeing it, my friend and I have decided not to dress up as Victor and Emily. So now to decide on a new halloween costume :D

imagineer boy

darthdarrel said:
OMG! :eek:
You have got to see it! :wave:
I saw the Corpse bride and I absolutely LOVED it! :sohappy:
I too wish it would have been a bit longer though. :lol:

That doesn't really help darrel, because you like every movie you see! :lol: ( j/k ) :wave:

I'm thinking about going, but I don't knkow for sure.

Christina

Don't worry, I thought it was pretty bad too. I mean the effects and animation were fantastic, but it was so burton-esk it bordered on a parody. As well as being about 45 minutes too short, the plot line just wasn't as well developed as should have been. This is not a movie I'll add to my Burton collection.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
A bit short (same length as NBC though), but great animation, story, music, and voice acting....not as good as NBC but definitely worth watching. :)

stitch rocks

I didn't enjoy it that much. Some parts were cool like the dancing skeletons part or the part with scraps but other than that i came out of the theater depressed (I have no idea why... but I did, I think it has something to do with the color scheme). I rate Nightmare before Christmas higher!

darthdarrel

imagineer boy said:
That doesn't really help darrel, because you like every movie you see! :lol: ( j/k ) :wave:

I'm thinking about going, but I don't knkow for sure.
That's not true, there are several movies I have seen that I thought were terrible House of 1,000 corpses comes to mind, god that was just awful! I expected so much more from Rob Zombie, infact I hated it so much, that I will in no way go see the sequel! :rolleyes:

DisneyFreak529

Original Poster
darthdarrel said:
That's not true, there are several movies I have seen that I thought were terrible House of 1,000 corpses comes to mind, god that was just awful! I expected so much more from Rob Zombie, infact I hated it so much, that I will in no way go see the sequel! :rolleyes:

OMG that movie was BAD!! Don't worry I expected more of Rob to! The plot was a bit corny, but that acting was bad!!

JLW11Hi

I thought the movie was absolutely beautiful ! I do wish that Danny Elfman could have come up with some more memorable songs. Also, it seemed at the very least 15 minutes too short. I wish they could have developed some of the character relationships a little more, like between Victor and Victoria.

Still, the shortness of the movie is almost a given, considering the painstakingly long and intricate art of stop motion, especially with the advancements made for the movie. The character designs, the sets, every bit of visual in the movie was great fun to watch.

Wonderful! I give it an A-

darthdarrel

*SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT*

Again I loved THe corpse bride, however one thing stumped me,in the one scene at the end where Victor's parents are in the coach looking for Victor and the coachman keels over and dies and the coach takes off withought the coachman, what happened to them? They did not die cause then they would have ended up in the nether world, but they were not in the "wedding" scene either. :confused: but over all I loved the movie. :sohappy:

Boo's Mom

I have yet to see The Corpse Bride but it is at the top of my list!

NBC scared the living daylights out of me :lookaroun

maybe I should watch it again....

Boo's Mom

DisneyFreak529 said:
I do hope your kidding??

no.....:lookaroun

The movie came out in 1993 so I was....:counts back:......7 at the time of release so yeah it scared me :lol: I haven't seen it since. Time for me to watch NBC again.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Boo's Mom said:
no.....:lookaroun

The movie came out in 1993 so I was....:counts back:......7 at the time of release so yeah it scared me :lol: I haven't seen it since. Time for me to watch NBC again.
I was scared of NBC as a kid too....had nightmares sometimes. :lookaroun :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom