Have you ever been TOO DISNEY for family?

jrogue

I am going to WDW with my extended family for the first time. I know I can be a bit overboard in my excitement for planning a trip, and I am so worried about annoying them. When I've annoyed other family members (ie parents, SO, sibling) they let me know immediately -- or are equally as excited as I am. My other family though ... I'm afraid of making them regret even inviting us. I think they would be way too polite to ever tell me they were annoyed since they know how much I genuinely love it and how excited I am.

Has this ever happened to you guys? If so, how did you deal with it? (or control yourself!! haha)

JoMarch

I worry about the family members who don't join us. (the non-Disney side of the family!) At family gatherings prior to the trip it seems our planning talks, excitement, always come up.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
No.
My family knows the extent of my passion for Disney and have accepted it.
I have 3 Disney tattoos.
My cat's name is Meeska.
I talk about Disney daily whether I have a trip coming up or not.
Today I went to the county fair and even the host of the one show reminded me of Disney because he said "Out of all the audiences today you're... the most recent."

Upvote 0

Hula Baloo

I completely relate. I'm planning a birthday trip with 3 of my best friends next year. One has only been to Disneyland, one has been to Disney World when she was a kid and has very little memory, and the last has never been to any of the parks. They seem excited about going, but I'm holding back talking about it too much so I don't overdo it. I also don't want to hype it up too much and have their expectations somehow ruined. It's been so hard trying to hold back because I want to share every detail of the planning process with them.

Upvote 0

belledream

This is why I decline when people say, "We should do a couples trips/girls trip/anything but the inner-circle who knows how things must go trip." They don't get it, and I'm more concerned that I won't have a good time moreso than them thinking I'm over the top. :hilarious:

Upvote 0

Mainahman

i work with a few people like that sadly. For my immediate family, they all have a love of disney at some level, with alot of them living in central Florida, and a few that have once worked for the mouse.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Never. All our family members and friends know how much we LOVE Disney and how much joy the next trip brings to us. They expect us to talk and talk and talk about our trip. They only wish they could go with us. I have to listen to them talk on and on about their non- Disney excursions, so its only fair they listen to my trip excitement.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Never. All our family members and friends know how much we LOVE Disney and how much joy the next trip brings to us. They expect us to talk and talk and talk about our trip. They only wish they could go with us. I have to listen to them talk on and on about their non- Disney excursions, so its only fair they listen to my trip excitement.
Theres such a thing as a non Disney excursion ?????????;)

Upvote 0

Boojiboo

I am so glad my family is a huge Disney family. I mean it is led by my mom who does most of the planning and my dad follows along. At least my dad doesn't get grumpy about it. Me(13) I love every bit of it and so does my little sister(7) and little brother(9).

Upvote 0

NickPytlinski

lol like the above poster. you learn so much from this forum. its like info overload for the family or friends thats dont understand how the 'world' works.

we got married in disney in 2018 and all but us had never been to disney (party of 18) so trying to keep them all on board was very difficult.

alas to say once they got to disney they LOVED IT.
most of us are going back sept 2020. They can plan their own trip tho lol. phewww

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom