Have you ever been stuck on a ride?

Winter

Original Poster
Random question. I was stuck on Primavel Whirl once, had to be evacuatated complety and was given a fastpass back to the ride, which we gave to somebody else since we didn't want to go back on.

JIMINYCR

I've answered YES on other threads.... I think if you stay at Disney for a more than a few days and have been vacationing there more than once ... you'll inevitably get stuck on something. Odds are that something will fail.

Minnie1976

Yes, Splash Mountain and Dinorama. Both times it was an interesting experience seeing how they got us off the attraction and walked us out. Thank goodness I have never been stuck on Space Mountain. I don't know how I would handle that one.
I did ask about Rock N Roll Rollercoaster. On one trip it was breaking down a lot so I asked what happen if you were up side down. They informed me it would level out.

blu3

I've been to the parks over 100 times and have never been evacuated off a ride. I've gotten stuck for a considerable time on some of the omnimover attractions (Haunted Mansion and Spaceship Earth come to mind...)

Last edited:

pixiesteno

on the COP one time and someone in another section kept opening the doors so we saw each scene twice and, of course, heard "stay in your seat and stop opening the doors" announcement.

The Mom

Premium Member
I've answered YES on other threads.... I think if you stay at Disney for a more than a few days and have been vacationing there more than once ... you'll inevitably get stuck on something. Odds are that something will fail.

I've been visiting WDW at least yearly, and almost monthly when my daughter was small, since 1982. I've never been stuck on a ride due to failure. I have been stuck due to loading/unloading issues on some, and due to guest behavior on others. I guess I'm just lucky.

HolleBolleGijs

Never been evac'ed (it's a [completely uncontrollable] bucket list item for me), but I was stuck on Splash for 25-30 minutes. A frog decided to jump into our boat (like a real live frog), and the kids behind us made a rap to the words "Ride Stop Reset" because that's what the CM kept saying over the ride intercom. Overall it was a fun time.

wdwjmp239

Got stuck on the loop on Rock & Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios when they were doing their soft openings. Thankfully, we were at the bottom of the loop closer to the front of the car. Those that were up on the loop.....I'm sure they were feeling a little "loopy" (lightheaded). But, they managed to get everyone down, straightened the car out, and we all got off. No biggie! It was pretty funny, actually.

Then, a few years later - got stuck on Splash Mountain right before the big drop. There's something about those 10 mins before the final drop that just made the ride that more intense. It was awesome and now my wife and I always hope for a stop or break-down somewhere to where we can relive that moment. LOL!

captainmoch

I got stuck on Spider-Man at IoA for the first time today, and it was honestly very cool. In the flying segment when we were about to turn (by the Iron Man billboard) to the next screen where the water guy is, the film stopped. The SCOOP continued moving for a few more seconds, then backed right in between the two screens and stopped, and the lights turned on shortly after. After around 15 minutes, they began to move the vehicles toward the unboarding station, and as they did, the lights were on and the screens kept glitching on/off, and the audio even more. In the climax scene, we were shaking around by a massive empty screen for the entirety of it. It was really bizarre, yet really cool. Then, on the final screen where all the villains are tied up, audio from almost every scene started to play like crazy and it was very loud. Luckily, it stopped and we unboarded and were given a ticket that would get us through one Express line, however it wouldn't work on Despicable Me or any Harry Potter lines, unfortunately.

I even got some pictures, but I can't post them until later because my phone is charging.

JasonDeyoung

I've been stuck on pretty much every ride at WDW at some point in my visits. The only ones to actually be evacuated off of were Journey into Imagination and Big Thunder Mountain

Mr.HatboxGhost

I had to evac pirates one day. worst experience ever pushing boats forward and back while wearing the weighters and trying to walk with all the pipes under the water. very tough job.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom