Haunted Mansion

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Disney is building a new Haunted Mansion.

Katie Dippold, perhaps best known for writing the recent Ghostbusters reboot and hit comedy The Heat, is writing a feature based on the popular ride for Burbank-based studio.

Rideback, the banner run by Dan Lin and Jonathan Eirich and was behind Disney’s billion dollar-grossing Aladdin remake, is producing what is intended to be a live-action movie."

"The Haunted Mansion debuted in 1969 and was an immediate success. The premise sees theme park guests go inside a spooky and creepy manor that has a wide array of supernatural frights. It also featured a graveyard’s worth of characters, ranging from the spirit of psychic medium Madame Leota to the skeletal Bride to the cloaked Hatbox Ghost.

Disney previously adapted the ride into a 2003 movie directed by Rob Minkoff and starring Eddie Murphy. The project took a broad approach to the material. The studio since has tried to reimagine the feature adaptation with Guillermo del Toro serving as co-writer and producer."

smooch

Sounds like they're going to "f this up" the F stands for funny. You know, because it worked so well the first time. I really hope they don't make this a comedy. I guess we'll see. What happened to the GDT version?

I think they need to find a healthy mix of scary and funny like the attraction. It's pretty hard to mix scary and funny in movies and do it well so I don't have high hopes but I think it would be the only way to fit the atmosphere of the ride. My problem is that Disney movie jokes aren't funny, at least not usually, so if they did take this approach I have a feeling it'll be scary with moments like the "Poe Hux phone call gag" in The Last Jedi. Guess we'll wait and see...

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

"Disney is building a new Haunted Mansion.

Katie Dippold, perhaps best known for writing the recent Ghostbusters reboot and hit comedy The Heat, is writing a feature based on the popular ride for Burbank-based studio.

Rideback, the banner run by Dan Lin and Jonathan Eirich and was behind Disney’s billion dollar-grossing Aladdin remake, is producing what is intended to be a live-action movie."

"The Haunted Mansion debuted in 1969 and was an immediate success. The premise sees theme park guests go inside a spooky and creepy manor that has a wide array of supernatural frights. It also featured a graveyard’s worth of characters, ranging from the spirit of psychic medium Madame Leota to the skeletal Bride to the cloaked Hatbox Ghost.

Disney previously adapted the ride into a 2003 movie directed by Rob Minkoff and starring Eddie Murphy. The project took a broad approach to the material. The studio since has tried to reimagine the feature adaptation with Guillermo del Toro serving as co-writer and producer."

Can't wait to not watch this and look forward to it bombing horribly.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The second I read Kate Dippold’s name, my expectations sunk to subterranean levels. The Ghostbusters reboot was a painfully unfunny film with awful art direction. Her, combined with the “talent” behind the Aladdin remake? Good heavens. Let Del Toro make his version.

Right?! I don't know what Disney is thinking. It's not like Snatched or The Heat was particularly "good" just very average or below with Ghostbusters being a complete failure.

Not a very impressive resumé. I mean what are... Oh Lord, what if they make this entire movie the Constance Hatchaway chronicles? The horror!

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Right?! I don't know what Disney is thinking. It's not like Snatched or The Heat was particularly "good" just very average or below with Ghostbusters being a complete failure.

Not a very impressive resumé. I mean what are... Oh Lord, what if they make this entire movie the Constance Hatchaway chronicles? The horror!
While she eats pringles the whole time

Phineas

I’ve said so numerous times here, but I absolutely despise Constance, and hope I get to see her evicted in my lifetime and replaced with the morose/menacing Beating Heart bride.

It would not shock me at all if this movie leaned HARD into Constance, as Disney seems to think she’s an A-List character.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I cant wait for Madame Leota to be played by Kate McKinnon just making faces the whole time and for the 3 hitching hiking ghosts to be changed to female ghosts talking about how when they were alive people couldn't tell if they farted from the back or from the front and sound like they are doing improv the whole time to be voiced by Kristen Wig and Melissa McCarthy and Leslie Jones.

Jedijax719

If they really wanted to make a decent new HM movie, they should make it based on the time period of the ride and the story of the characters in the ride itself. Construct it in the vain of POTC with a deep lore and ghost story but also humrous and period-based.

erasure fan1

The second I read Kate Dippold’s name, my expectations sunk to subterranean levels. The Ghostbusters reboot was a painfully unfunny film with awful art direction. Her, combined with the “talent” behind the Aladdin remake? Good heavens. Let Del Toro make his version.
Yea I wouldn't advertise that she worked on Ghostbusters 2016. That movie was terrible. I know everyone has something on the good ol resume that they aren't proud of. But Ghostbusters 2016 was an all time stinker.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom