Haunted Mansion

TestTrack

Original Poster
This has probably been asked before but how do they create that image of the ghost in you car? It is probably very easy but to me its just mind boggling:confused: :brick: :hammer: :veryconfu :dazzle: I also forgot how they do the effect where the images eyes follow you? Lastly, in the pics of the haunted mansion on this site, what is the last picture's security device for is it real?

Tom Morrow

Basically, those mirrors are 2 way mirrors, and on the other side, the audo animatronic hitch hiking ghosts move along the mirrors lined up exactly with your doom buggy. The 2 way mirror makes them appear transparent.

Hehe, I like "punching" the hitch hiking ghosts! :lol:

Tom Morrow

I'm not sure what security panel you're talking about, but I know how the eye trick is done.

The paintings' eyes are indented about an inch behind the rest of the painting. This creates the illusion that they are following you. In the next scene, the marble bust statues that follow you are also an illusion. The face is actually indented, rather than being 3d. That is why they appear to be following you.

orlpassholder

the panel you speak of is a security panel BUT not for any video cameras. The ride has not cameras on it. The security is based of weight sensitive floors (or so thats what I have read) anyways if you step out of the doombuggie onto the floor hence the ride stops

orlpassholder

also the hitchikers are a 2way mirror if you watch them as they move along with you. You can seem them jerk a little as they are moved along the track

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom