News Haunted Mansion To Remain Closed For Unknown Reasons

KBLovedDisney

I just had a scary thought. What if instead of repairing the ride, they decided to gut the entire ride and redo it using this new tech that is in MMRR? And the doom buggies would also be "trackless"...

KBLovedDisney

Bite that nasty tongue!
tenor.gif

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Idk if it’s been brought up here but it’s apparently the mechanism that turns the vehicles around for the “falling” scene apparently broke.
Yeah, I was guessing back in post 108... there's a rail in the track assembly that guides some rollers attached to an arm that spins the Doombuggy support column.

Figure it wore thru or broke off at a point where there's a large movement...
1583520711360.png

Pepper's Ghost

I just had a scary thought. What if instead of repairing the ride, they decided to gut the entire ride and redo it using this new tech that is in MMRR? And the doom buggies would also be "trackless"...

Well, a revamp of the ride's track system would take months, not days. This isn't a situation where in a few days they'll say "surprise, we updated the track system for the ride in 4 days!" :)

Secondly, the large drop from the attic into the graveyard requires some kind of track mechanism for the doom buggies to stay attached to. There's no way they could make that drop trackless, so if they went trackless at any point in the future, you're looking at a shut down of numerous months to change the angle of that slope to be much more tame. Just sayin'.

Personally, I reiterate what many have said in the past. Leave our classics ALONE! They're perfect as is. Just maintain 'em.

KBLovedDisney

Well, a revamp of the ride's track system would take months, not days. This isn't a situation where in a few days they'll say "surprise, we updated the track system for the ride in 4 days!" :)

Secondly, the large drop from the attic into the graveyard requires some kind of track mechanism for the doom buggies to stay attached to. There's no way they could make that drop trackless, so if they went trackless at any point in the future, you're looking at a shut down of numerous months to change the angle of that slope to be much more tame. Just sayin'.

Personally, I reiterate what many have said in the past. Leave our classics ALONE! They're perfect as is. Just maintain 'em.
I tried to make a joke due to my dismay for GMR's change.

JoeCamel

They could use an elevator for the drop, I hear Rise has one that is smooooothhh

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom