Haunted Mansion Photo update 12/13

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
Just got back form WDW and got some new pics of the HM qeue construction. If anyone has any idea what its going to look like or what the pictures are of, please post. Enjoy.

DSCF2797.jpg

DSCF2796.jpg

DSCF2795.jpg

DSCF2799.jpg

JustInTime

It looks as if they are pushing the queue all the way to the wooded area? Way farther than I though. Perhaps we will be getting one closer to DL? I know sometimes the straight shot queue can cause quite the problem.

P.S. this really does look like extensive work. I just don't see where they can put the graves.

Tom

Beta Return
Very nice pics.

It appears as if they've poured some concrete columns and perhaps even sections of new queue wall.

The tall "wall" looking things in the back are temporary shoring to keep the dirt from caving in while they pour more walls.

The extended queue is going to be pretty big.

inluvwithbeast

Maybe we will actually wander through the graveyard as opposed to walking past a handful of graves just sitting beside the queue. Hmmm, I like the opportunities with this.

Tom

Beta Return
When is this work expected to be completed?

At the rate they're working, at least a few more months. Progress is slow because they apparently only work when the park is closed (which is a good thing, or it really would be bad show).

Maybe we will actually wander through the graveyard as opposed to walking past a handful of graves just sitting beside the queue. Hmmm, I like the opportunities with this.

This is what I'm hoping...and not that it will just be a giant winding queue.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Oh Ladder how I missed you. So happy to see a triumphant return. I really hope there are still graves somewhere when all is said and done. Possibly something that we can walk though as someone mentioned earlier. It would also be a great improvement if they could better organize how the stretching rooms dump. After riding the DL version several times this summer I now dread (more than ever) the mosh pit that is the WDW version.

DiPSU224

After riding the DL version several times this summer I now dread (more than ever) the mosh pit that is the WDW version.

LOL! That is the perfect description of that awful section of the queue. There have been times that I've been shoved and separated a great distance from my husband. I get panic-y and feel like I can't breathe as soon as I get in that room.

I wonder what they will use to disguise the show building since it seems that it will be visible from the new expanded queue.

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
Oh yes, we hate the mosh pit. We just went through it this past week, where it seemed we were outnumbered 3 to 1 with foreigners. We were in line and never heard any English what so ever. And the pushing and shoving. As for the new construction, i can only assume its all done at night as there were lights set up, see far right in the pics.

Tom

Beta Return
They were working last Friday during the day:
Chris2.jpg

Ah, I see. In all the previous photos, the equipment has been sitting idle in every one. That, plus the large assortment of extremely bright lights mounted to the queue and at the top of the hill, caused me to assume they didn't work during the day.

Must just have been a coincidence that all the other photos were taken during shift changes or breaks.

Did someone try to torch the ladder.

It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, Construction Tip for Today:

That "burnt mark" is where the company who owns that ladder changed its name or logo. Or they stole the ladder from another trade on another job and blacked out their logo and put their own on it.

Ladders are a HOT commodity on construction sites. You don't leave it unprotected for a minute, and you absolutely COVER it with your company name and logo. If you see a large black spraypaint blob on a ladder, it's likely changed hands :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom