Haunted Mansion News

Castle Cake Apologist

Original Poster
Many reports of a WDW Manison rehab into Phantom Manor. In fact, I received a promotional picture of the new HM from one of my sources if you'd like to see it, E_mail me at MorphersBooks@cs.com !!
Also, about the NMBC rehab at DL, this is a temporary rehab that will happen most likely this fall and be converted back into the regular HM in February 2002

Tramp

I get a little nervous when they mess with the classics. Like changing a few notes for Mozart!

C'mon EXPERT...post the picture here so we don't have to hunt around for it.:)

StarscreamLSU

HM is fine the way it is - sure the Phantom Manor is really cool - but things have been working good for this long, why cahnge it. I mean, if the HM was starting to get JIYM size draws then I'd say go in for a rehab - but everytime I'm been there it's been a big crowd.

dopey

i don't have a problem with disney updating a classic.

it's all in the execution. maybe they'll make subtle changes that make hm even better.

we hope.

though it is scary because they have a poor track record for revising attractions.

is there any attraction disney has updated for the better? maybe the enchanted tiki room?

NowInc

Wont happen....why? Because it would require a LOT of work to change HM to PM...they have vastly different stories and Disney is way too occupied trying to find ways to bring NEW rides to the park (The new mountains)....

woofboy111

What are the differences beteen Phantom Manor and the Haunted Mansion? I thought both rides were basically the same, besides from one being in French.

StarscreamLSU

In theory they are the same, some of the same parts. The PM is very different storywise though - alot of it revolves around Master Gracey's bride. It's also narrated by Vincent Price and the soundtrack is totally different (it's a symphonic version of Grim Grinning Ghosts - really excellent). You can go to www.doombuggies.com for more information.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by NowInc
Wont happen....why? Because it would require a LOT of work to change HM to PM...they have vastly different stories and Disney is way too occupied trying to find ways to bring NEW rides to the park (The new mountains)....

Speaking of the new Mountain. i'm assuming were talking about Fire and Bald Mt. but what movie did these come from or how did they orginate to begin with?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom