Haunted Mansion movie

BigNorm

Original Poster
The "happy haunts" at Doombuggies.com got to tour the Haunted Mansion movie set recently and have posted an exclusive report on what you can look forward to in Fall 2003 when The Haunted Mansion heads for a theater near you. You can read the article by clicking here. They've also included some really great concept art. Enjoy!

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Two words ........

Eddie Murphy

Not to mention they are turning the film version into a comedy instead of a horror film, which it should be.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
Two words ........

Eddie Murphy

Not to mention they are turning the film version into a comedy instead of a horror film, which it should be.

First off: Eddie Murphey's not that bad. Disney wouldn't even allow Eddie Murphey jokes into their movies. Believe me.

The Haunted Mansion movie shouldn't be a horror film. The ride is not a 100% horror ride. It's a ride that does have some spooky elements to it, but good fun. That's what the film should reflect upon.

HMGhost13

ok...1-Lately Eddie Murphy hasn't been very fortunate with movies...a little thing call Pluto Nash? or Dr.Doolittle 2? or both of the Nutty professors? ok i give you Shrek, the first Dr. Doolittle and maybe showtime..other than that i don't know what else has been good for Eddie.

2-Jennifer Tilley as Madame Leota. For those who don't know her, if you saw Monster's INC-she was the one with one eye Cecila...nuff. said.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by HMGhost13
ok...1-Lately Eddie Murphy hasn't been very fortunate with movies...a little thing call Pluto Nash? or Dr.Doolittle 2? or both of the Nutty professors? ok i give you Shrek, the first Dr. Doolittle and maybe showtime..other than that i don't know what else has been good for Eddie.

2-Jennifer Tilley as Madame Leota. For those who don't know her, if you saw Monster's INC-she was the one with one eye Cecila...nuff. said.

Well, I'm not abig Eddie Murphey fan either, but I have faith in this movie. I hope that it will be a geat movie.

MKCustodial

Also, Jim Hill has posted on his website a report by one of his readers who was part of the filming of the Ballroom Sequence. This flick keeps getting better, now they're adding familiar attraction scenes on the movie. But Jenniffer Tilly as Leota still frightens me, I always saw Leota as this imposing, scary figure. But maybe that's just the image I have from reading CM stories at the "Ghost Gallery" site.

HMGhost13

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Also, Jim Hill has posted on his website a report by one of his readers who was part of the filming of the Ballroom Sequence. This flick keeps getting better, now they're adding familiar attraction scenes on the movie. But Jenniffer Tilly as Leota still frightens me, I always saw Leota as this imposing, scary figure. But maybe that's just the image I have from reading CM stories at the "Ghost Gallery" site.

and see that's the other thing i dislike about this movie. first the director said he WASN'T going to reference most of the ride and now he is...hypocrite...

imagineer boy

and see that's the other thing i dislike about this movie. first the director said he WASN'T going to reference most of the ride and now he is...hypocrite...

Maybe you misunderstood. I heard that he wasn't going to reference every single part of the ride. Like the Doom buggies, some of the scenes, etc. It will have the hitch hiking ghosts, Madame Leota, The Ghost host, stretching room, care taker, etc. So he was saying that not every part of the ride would be mantioned. He didn't say that none of the ride will be mentioned.

HMGhost13

i have been following this since day 1..when news of this movie was released he had first said that there would:

A-be hardly any references to the ride. save a few.

B-have no VISIBLE ghosts.

it now looks as if he is not doing that, that he is taking back both of which he had said. i believe he is trying to "please" the fans. trust me. if i wanted pleasing, the first move he should have done is to remove Eddie Murphy. might as well just call this "dr. Doolittle 3"

MKCustodial

i have been following this since day 1..when news of this movie was released he had first said that there would:

A-be hardly any references to the ride. save a few.

B-have no VISIBLE ghosts.

it now looks as if he is not doing that, that he is taking back both of which he had said. i believe he is trying to "please" the fans. trust me. if i wanted pleasing, the first move he should have done is to remove Eddie Murphy. might as well just call this "dr. Doolittle 3"

So even though things seem to be going the fans' way, unlike Country Bears, you're still gonna diss it just because it has Eddie Murphy? :rolleyes:

I'm more concerned with Jennifer Tilly... :lookaroun

HMGhost13

yes. i'm not exactly a huge fan of Murphy's and he and the haunted mansion don't mix. if you've seen the trailer for Daddy Day Care or seen pluto nash i don't think i need to say anymore.

and jennifer tilley has been running her little mouth off about her supposed character...you know the one in the crsytal ball that says go back go back...

DisneyWonders07

Originally posted by MKCustodial
So even though things seem to be going the fans' way, unlike Country Bears, you're still gonna diss it just because it has Eddie Murphy? :rolleyes:

I'm more concerned with Jennifer Tilly... :lookaroun

Yeah Jennifer Tilly has a really high-pitched and ditzy voice, plus she's kinda young. I'd rather see an older woman with a more deeper and loathesome voice play the part...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom