Haunted Mansion Holiday edition

ChanceH

Original Poster
Saw a video from 2015 of HM over Christmas holidays with a jack skellington theme at DL. Does WDW ever do this? I'm a NBC nut and would absolutely love to see this attraction in this style one day.

HonorableMention

I believe that it was planned for WDW to get the overlay but it was scrapped because as @mouse_luv said there's a lot of people only going once, and they would want to see the attraction open in its original format.

Pretty sure all of the props and everything got transferred to TDL and are being used for their HMH.

ChanceH

Original Poster
I did see a video of the same thing at TDL so that's very possible. Just wishful thinking. Just have to make that trip one day

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Saw a video from 2015 of HM over Christmas holidays with a jack skellington theme at DL. Does WDW ever do this? I'm a NBC nut and would absolutely love to see this attraction in this style one day.
You're gonna have to go to Cali to see it. The good news -- it goes up early before Halloween and stays up until after Christmas.

AndyS2992

I'm glad it's not coming to WDW but I do wish they would decorate the mansion with a few regular Christmas decorations e.g. Christmas tree in the ballroom scene, tinsel and creepy wreaths here and there. Nothing too over the top.

Last edited:

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Like you said, it is a reason to take the trip if you are a huge Nighmare fan. It is pretty impressive how extensive the overlay is. Haunted Mansion Holiday and it's a small world Holiday are two highlights for me every year at Disneyland.

Cmdr_Crimson

Keep Dreamin...It will Never happen in Orlando....But, once upon a time the Country Bears use to also celebrate the holidays with their Christmas Hoedown...
Found on Google..
cbcssign.jpg

IMFearless

I'd be grateful to see the Mansion being maintained to its original standard.

They don't even seem to have a chance to pick up litter, let alone provide overlays.

crxbrett

Living in LA, I am sick of the NBC overlay. I wish it would leave. lol

Seriously, the regular HM is only open from the last weekend of January to the third week of August. I wish Disney would only do it every other year and not close it until the day after Halloween. Last week of November thru 1st week of Jan is plenty enough.

I envy you guys in Orlando. Consider yourself lucky that you can enjoy the mansion 12 months a year in all it's macabre glory.

Goofyernmost

Living in LA, I am sick of the NBC overlay. I wish it would leave. lol

Seriously, the regular HM is only open from the last weekend of January to the third week of August. I wish Disney would only do it every other year and not close it until the day after Halloween. Last week of November thru 1st week of Jan is plenty enough.

I envy you guys in Orlando. Consider yourself lucky that you can enjoy the mansion 12 months a year in all it's macabre glory.
I cannot begin to express just how much I agree with that statement. I don't hate NBC, but, it is one of those IP's that everyone is so uptight about, and some that are the most uptight are huge fans of the change over. It's just garbage in my mind and took a lot away from my only trip to DLR.

raven

NBC and pretty much anything Tim Burton has a huge following. I'd love to see a mini-Burtonland at DHS or at least a separate NBC dark ride.

TP2000

This year the NBC theme also moves over to Disney California Adventure on Buena Vista Street. They are still putting up the decorations, but HalloweenTime at the Disneyland Resort begins next Friday, September 15th.
askh4y879853.jpg

carthay-circle-halloween-disneyland.jpg

I am heading back to Tokyo Disneyland this fall and will ride their version of Haunted Mansion Holiday. Since the Tokyo Mansion is a clone of the WDW Mansion, it's easy to see how well it would fit in WDW.
6516ae517872f4b1a53c300145bd0a53.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom