Haunted Mansion Christmas Overlay Dates?

Professortango1

Shine in all its excellence because it’s already a Halloween perfect attraction?

Then I just wouldn't go for Halloween. If Disney isn't going to embrace the holiday for the one attraction they should, then Disney wouldn't see the Halloween attendance they do. Jack o' lanterns, flickering candles, skulls, twinkling lights, sinister narration, a driving score that builds throughout the ride. These things make it a celebration of Halloween for me. Without them, its just another day of the same Mansion. A good ride, but the same as it always is be it April or July.

TROR

Then I just wouldn't go for Halloween. If Disney isn't going to embrace the holiday for the one attraction they should, then Disney wouldn't see the Halloween attendance they do. Jack o' lanterns, flickering candles, skulls, twinkling lights, sinister narration, a driving score that builds throughout the ride. These things make it a celebration of Halloween for me. Without them, its just another day of the same Mansion. A good ride, but the same as it always is be it April or July.
They can add jack o lanterns, but there’s nothing Halloween about Santa hats and Christmas presents.

Professortango1

Disney would still continue to make money with or without HMH in general, let alone during Halloween.

Considering the lines the ride gets for Halloween, I'm not too sure. Add to that the Merch. Ghost Galaxy is the only other real offering at DL. As I said, I know they wouldn't get my $200 plus expenses each Halloween if they didn't have the overlay. And while the $2500-$3000 me and my friends spend to visit for Halloweentime is a drop in the bucket, but I know there are plenty of other folks like me.

Californian Elitist

Considering the lines the ride gets for Halloween, I'm not too sure. Add to that the Merch. Ghost Galaxy is the only other real offering at DL. As I said, I know they wouldn't get my $200 plus expenses each Halloween if they didn't have the overlay. And while the $2500-$3000 me and my friends spend to visit for Halloweentime is a drop in the bucket, but I know there are plenty of other folks like me.

People aren’t just going to stop visiting and buying merchandise simply because of the absence of HMH.

Agree to disagree.

Professortango1

People aren’t just going to stop visiting and buying merchandise simply because of the absence of HMH.

Agree to disagree.
As a whole no, but we can see currently what can occur when Disney thinks the crowds will show up regardless. The park is far from empty, but Disney isn't happy with the current attendance numbers.

Professortango1

I HATE HAUNTED MANSION HOLIDAY SOOOO MUCH. HOW CAN WE HAVE IN THE ANNIVERSARY YEAR OF THE RIDE NOT HAVE THE REAL VERSION OF THE RIDE FOR HALLOWEEN???!!!! MAKE NBC ITS OWN DARK RIDE IN DCA ALREADY AND LEAVE MY MANSION ALONE YEAR ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!

They'll never make a NBC ride. HMH is already built and draws quite well, it would be a waste of money to build a brand new attraction that would draw the same people.

George Lucas on a Bench

I cant tell if you're trolling...

Well.

Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I've been saying for years that The HM is just a festival of chintz. It's what makes it so charming. Everything is so low-tech and generally unimpressive. A lot of it seems to be falling apart and held together with duct tape. I feel it's only a matter of time before someone decides that automatic door knockers, wobbling gravestones and a misty wall projection just don't cut it. We're lucky it's survived as long as it has in its present state. I do think that if you were to time warp say 50 years into the future, HM would be significantly altered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom