Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary Thread

mickEblu

I better see some great merch. But they crank out so much HM merch it’s hard to think of what more they can do. I guess some high quality figures and doom buggy would be a start but something tells me they think they ve already done that. I’m thinking some sort of photo op. Defintley some cheesy AP shirts, a blog post and at least a 1 day celebration: They might do something where a chosen few get to sleep in the Mansion again.

My expectations are low. I was really bummed with the merch for POTCs 50th.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I better see some great merch. But they crank out so much HM merch it’s hard to think of what more they can do. I guess some high quality figures and doom buggy would be a start but something tells me they think they ve already done that. I’m thinking some sort of photo op. Defintley some cheesy AP shirts, a blog post and at least a 1 day celebration: They might do something where a chosen few get to sleep in the Mansion again.

My expectations are low. I was really bummed with the merch for POTCs 50th.

I was thinking the same thing. Mansion easily has the most merchandise dedicated to it that any other attraction. If anything, they’ll make the new merch limited edition.

Pirates’ 50th was a disappointment, without a doubt.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
A year without Haunted Mansion Holiday.
giphy.gif

Rich T

If Disney could find a way to do ride photos of the ghosts sitting in the doombuggies with guests--without being intrusive or noticeable-- that would be great. Have the photo purchase booth back toward the train tracks.

Rich T

Glow in the dark changing portraits you say???
Yeah, they were great. They were framed portraits with an invisible overlay of glow-in-the-dark paint. When you turned out the lights, they'd turn into werewolves and skeletons and witches. They weren't expensive-- less than five bucks in the early 70's. I'm sure Disney could easily produce an even better version today.

mickEblu

Yeah, they were great. They were framed portraits with an invisible overlay of glow-in-the-dark paint. When you turned out the lights, they'd turn into werewolves and skeletons and witches. They weren't expensive-- less than five bucks in the early 70's. I'm sure Disney could easily produce an even better version today.

They sound really cool. I’ve never seen them...not even on eBay

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If Disney could find a way to do ride photos of the ghosts sitting in the doombuggies with guests--without being intrusive or noticeable-- that would be great. Have the photo purchase booth back toward the train tracks.

Wasn't there a rumor of them trying to do that around the same time as Hattie coming back? Whatever happened to it?

I think they just introduced it as part of the PhotoPass service at WDW:

Rich T

They sound really cool. I’ve never seen them...not even on eBay
Found a "before" and an "after" on google images and pasted 'em together: This is one of, I think, four different characters.

The portraits themselves could certainly be improved today. Would love to see Disney have another go at the idea.

mickEblu

Found a "before" and an "after" on google images and pasted 'em together: This is one of, I think, four different characters.
View attachment 361962
The portraits themselves could certainly be improved today. Would love to see Disney have another go at the idea.

Oh I was thinking they were the hallway portraits 😟

Not a huge fan of this one as that image to the right is scary as hell and wouldn’t want to see it in the middle of the night

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom