Haunted Elevator @ the Boardwalk

GeneralKnowledge

Original Poster
Just got back from a good 10 days at WDW. During the trip, we had three interesting things happen on the elevator at the BW Villas.

1. Emptyvator
As we were approaching the elevator area from the Lobby, there was a man ahead of us. As we came up to the elevators, he got on the left elevator and the door was closing as we got within reach of the up/down button. Not wanting to rudely make the elevator reopen the door of his elevator, I paused and waited about two seconds to let the elevator go on it's way so we could get another one. After my two second wait, I went ahead and pressed the button. To my surprise, the same elevator door opened back up. Prepared to apologize for causing a delay in his elevator ride, we stepped onto the elevator and there was no one there, the man had disappeared. There was no way the elevator could have traveled to another floor in the amount of time I waited to press the button, let alone make it to another floor and back to our floor. My wife and I didn't say anything about it to each other until after the elevator ride was over, then we both independently agreed that we expected there to be a man on the elevator when the door opened.

2. Technical Difficulties-vator
Got on the elevator on the 5th floor. (Same elevator from the first story, the left one) Pressed Floor 1. Doors close.....Doors Reopen.....Doors Close.......Elevator Descends. Kinda Weird, but not as weird as the first event.

3. Strange Man in the Elevator
Last day of our trip, in the morning, eating breakfast on the Boardwalk. We go to head up to the room to brush teeth, etc. I split off from the group and stop in the Screen Door General Store to pick up some snacks for later. I walked to the 1st Floor Elevator by the pool and press the button. The same, left elevator door opens and there is a man inside. He doesn't get off. I said "Going Up?" to which he silently nods. I step on the elevator and look to press my floor (5) and notice that no buttons have been pushed at all, which struck me as odd.(and slightly creeped me out at this point in the trip full of elevator abnormalities) The elevator ascends to the 5th floor and I step out. The man stepped out behind me and I headed toward the hallway toward our room. As I stepped from the elevator area to the hallway area, I glanced over my shoulder and saw the man following right behind me, maybe 3 or 4 steps behind. Our rom was in the second bank of rooms and as I approached our door, I looked back a second time and the man was gone.

I am not by any means a ghost-buff or anything like that. I'm sure any of these events independently wouldn't have really struck me as odd, (except the first one, that was truly strange) but together, they made for a creepy experience. I thought I'd post my story to see if anyone else has had any odd experiences on the left elevator at the Boardwalk Villas.

NYwdwfan

Um - no weird experiences at BWV since I've never stayed there...and based on your post I won't be anytime soon!!!!!! I get creeped out really easily.

Tom Morrow

OP, by any chance do you post on the SomethingAwful.com forums? Someone recently posted a story very similar to your first encounter.

Also, is it possible that the elevator is a two way service elevator (doors on both sides), but not obvious as one? I don't know how it wouldn't be obvious, though.

GeneralKnowledge

Original Poster
OP, by any chance do you post on the SomethingAwful.com forums? Someone recently posted a story very similar to your first encounter.

Also, is it possible that the elevator is a two way service elevator (doors on both sides), but not obvious as one? I don't know how it wouldn't be obvious, though.

Nope, it wasn't me. And there's no way it's a 2 door elevator. It backs up to hotel rooms.

Monorail Lime

I had a room near the elevators on the 5th floor of the Boardwalk this past week. And I am often silent and ninja-like.

What did the Strange Man look like? :x

Victor Kelly

Any area, building, etc can old spiritual energy whether a person dies there or not. I would not be surprised if areas of WDW are haunted.

Sans Souci

Maybe it's because I am a woman, but I find the third scenario the creepiest. I think I would have said something if someone was a few steps behind me on the way to my room.

I am staying here the first weekend of March, so I'll keep my eyes open. ;)

riverscu0m0

next time bring some salt with you, just in case!
This type of stuff is right up my alley, I'll have to keep an eye out next time though.
tumblr_m5dbvrvnIC1r9fbtp.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom