Hate for childless Disney fans

Jay & Sue

We have been married 43 years. Been to Disneyworld once with the kids and once with the grandkids and hundreds of times with just each other. Disneyworld is for singles or families and all to enjoy. We feel sorry for those who do not see or feel the magic. Actually we are pleased that people like that who think we should not go probably do not go.

cmk

Lately I feel like I have been seeing more and more hate for those Disney fans that are childless. Between twitter and Facebook-I see people making fun of those adults who vacation at Disney without kids.

My husband and I do not have kids yet, and some of our favorite trips have been to WDW just the two of us. Of course we travel to other locations, but what’s so wrong about two adults enjoying Epcot or Animal Kingdom?

What thoughts do you have on the subject?
People just will never get it! I was helping my mom and brother with hospice for my Dad, my daughter told him I am taking Mom out today, she needs a break. All Dad said to her was “you know where to take her” and off to the Magic Kingdom we went! Me and Daddy’s happy place!! What those people didn’t see was the 2 buttons I wore saying Celebrating me and my Daddy one last time. I have 1 and 1 went with him a couple of weeks later. Did every ride and cried most of the day. Best worst day of my life. But it’s one place I know he is always next to me on every ride.
Not for adults? He went until 2 months before he passed and my parents were in their 80’s!!

spock8113

Frankly, it's nobody's business whether anyone has kids or not.
I don't see signs at any of the parks that says "All adults must be accompanied by one child."
I believe I've seen on the ticket list "1 Adult".
I thought Disney himself said it's for the Child in all of us?

???????:confused:

MomofPrincessGrace

I think for someone to judge what someone enjoys doing is stupid. I would rather go on a solo trip or sister trip to Disney than stay in a resort in the Bahamas drinking on the beach all day. I am a go go go type person and enjoy being able to jump from ride to ride. I think that a lot of the judgment is just jealousy. Yes Disney is expensive, but if you budget correctly then you can go. I think it is no different than going to Six Flags or Universal. It's an amusement park, there is no age limit on amusement. I am actually helping my adult, married, childless, friend plan a trip for her and her husband to go next year on their anniversary.

jloucks

bronies2.jpg

I think for someone to judge what someone enjoys doing is stupid. .

We agree!!

Goofyernmost

I still don't see this as anything more then a made up problem emanating for the minds of people who for some reason are self conscience about going to a theme part without the excuse of having kids.

I'm 70 years old, have been going by myself for the last 18 years. Not only has no one ever said anything to me, but, I have never even given it a thought. It is a problem that doesn't really exist. There might be a few people who don't understand what an adult would do there without kids, (the ones that have let their inner child die) doesn't mean that they really think anything is wrong with it. I get more comments on the fact that I don't have a problem with riding any ride in the parks. (including Mission: Space... orange side) Some think that older people shouldn't ride anything that goes faster then a snail. But, even then I know that the questions are from innocent ignorance and distorted opinions of what aging is like and not being critical. Just curious.

Last edited:

ColinP29

I've been coming on this forum for a while looking for help and tips for our Disney trip in October.

Threads like this baffle me. Did anyone really expect this to be a range of comments agreeing that only people with children should be allowed in Disney? Or just to fill up the inbox?

Tori

I don’t think it’s weird if people want to go to Disney childless. There is plenty to do. I would personally not want to be around that many kids if I was on a childless vacation with my partner. I do get annoyed with adults standing in line for meet and greets. I do not get the appeal at all.

I don't understand why that would annoy you. The parks are for everyone.

Don't get in line for the characters if it doesn't appeal to you.

iPirate

I don’t think it’s weird if people want to go to Disney childless. There is plenty to do. I would personally not want to be around that many kids if I was on a childless vacation with my partner. I do get annoyed with adults standing in line for meet and greets. I do not get the appeal at all.

I stand in line to meet characters. I like to meet them, because like I said before, I'm just a really big kid. I always go with three questions ready to ask the talking characters. It makes it more fun for me, and way more fun for the people behind me grumbling "That childless hag has no kids, what is she even doing!?"

Punzle

I've been coming on this forum for a while looking for help and tips for our Disney trip in October.

Threads like this baffle me. Did anyone really expect this to be a range of comments agreeing that only people with children should be allowed in Disney? Or just to fill up the inbox?

No. Many of us have dealt with these people so this is a place where we can vent about it and let each other know that going without kids is great and the haters can shut it.

Walt Disney1955

Lately I feel like I have been seeing more and more hate for those Disney fans that are childless. Between twitter and Facebook-I see people making fun of those adults who vacation at Disney without kids.

My husband and I do not have kids yet, and some of our favorite trips have been to WDW just the two of us. Of course we travel to other locations, but what’s so wrong about two adults enjoying Epcot or Animal Kingdom?

What thoughts do you have on the subject?

We went to WDW twice before kids. Then Disneyland when our son was 18 months. We left him at our parent's home. Obviously we did other things in California that week and figured maybe a trip with the two of us was better. It wasn't until last year where we went with our kids. Hey, it is still fun and adds a new dynamic (seeing it through their eyes). But yeah, anyone who complains about childless couples going to Disney has obviously never been. If you are an adult and can't find multiple ways to have fun at WDW then where can you find fun?

Gelatoni

I get this alot I'm 32 no kids, not married. People used to ask me alot why only WDW but I think they all gave up by now. I found my happy place I really don't care if they approve or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom