Hate for childless Disney fans

laben594

Original Poster
Lately I feel like I have been seeing more and more hate for those Disney fans that are childless. Between twitter and Facebook-I see people making fun of those adults who vacation at Disney without kids.

My husband and I do not have kids yet, and some of our favorite trips have been to WDW just the two of us. Of course we travel to other locations, but what’s so wrong about two adults enjoying Epcot or Animal Kingdom?

What thoughts do you have on the subject?

NeedMoreMickey

We don't have kids and we have traveled to WDW just the two of us at least 6 times in the last 15 years. I'm making our FP+ today for our next anniversary trip in September. I visit every year with my sister and sometimes her kids and occasionally with my brother's family but I've found some of my favorite trips are the ones with just the two of us. It's a completely different trip without kids.

I have seen some rude comments about adults without kids taking up time with M&G characters but everyone in the park has the same opportunity to wait in line for a picture with a character. I personally don't like M&G for any age but that's just my opinion. If on-line opinions are bothering you maybe you can find different people on Twitter and Facebook to follow that feel like you do about your trips. That snooze for 30 day button on FB is wonderful.

Smiley/OCD

We had our honeymoon there in 1993, and have since been back almost 10 times (with the now older young adult kids)...while we do MOST things together as a family at WDW, my DW & I also enjoy venturing out on our own while there. I HATE the friends (and relatives) who make their "snarky" comments about our vacations... We are not cruise people, live 8 miles from the beach, and WDW IS our happy place. Forget them!!!

Debbie

I received a lot of 'hate' in the 80's because I would go 2 or 3 times a year, yet I didn't have kids. A good bit of the remarks was about my going and the expense and how they couldn't afford it. I would always clap back that that was the very reason I chose not to have kids until I had done things I wanted to do. I knew once I had kids, there were no guarantees I could afford to visit WDW as much, if any. I treasure those years and while I enjoyed the few times I went with my two boys, now that they are grown I really look forward to going with them as adults.. So don't let those haters take your pixie dust; enjoy each and every time you and your husband can go!

Smiley/OCD

Unless you are sitting by the pool at a Disney hotel
Even when we're there for a week, maybe it's just us, but there's always so many things to do in the parks, we haven't been in a resort pool the last 5 or so trips. Every year we plan to hit the pool at our resort of choice (AoA), and every year on the ride back home I always say, "You know what we didn't get a chance to do?" LOL

DisneyFreak

Lately I feel like I have been seeing more and more hate for those Disney fans that are childless. Between twitter and Facebook-I see people making fun of those adults who vacation at Disney without kids.

My husband and I do not have kids yet, and some of our favorite trips have been to WDW just the two of us. Of course we travel to other locations, but what’s so wrong about two adults enjoying Epcot or Animal Kingdom?

What thoughts do you have on the subject?

No kids here either. I think they're just jealous that we adults get to actually enjoy WDW without kids. No stroller pushing, no diaper changing, no chicken nuggets every meal. ;)

It's your vacation and not their's. The haters gonna hate....just ignore them and have fun!

Debbie

All of the dang time. "Wow, you go to Disney? But, you don't have kids." Like I have to have kids to go to Disney...

And most of the time, the people that are commenting like that to me are people that have NEVER been to Disney.

I hate it. :cry:

True Dat!! Some people would really get ugly with me. Finally I just had to let them have it-----"Look, it's not my fault you had a kid at 18 and you can't afford it" or "the money you spend on cigarettes and liquor is the money I save to go on vacation"

KBLovedDisney

True Dat!! Some people would really get ugly with me. Finally I just had to let them have it-----"Look, it's not my fault you had a kid at 18 and you can't afford it" or "the money you spend on cigarettes and liquor is the money I save to go on vacation"
giphy.gif

LeighM

My husband and I have been to WDW several times and we don't have children and never plan to have any. We even have a Disney Cruise planned next year. I've heard comments from people who don't understand why I love it so much but no one has shared any judgmental or hateful comments to me. Probably know I would give them right back to them and I can be pretty harsh lol. But I tend to ignore other people in the parks so I wouldn't notice if they were giving me dirty looks or snide comments. They would have to tap me on the shoulder to get my attention :) I don't let the opinions of strangers bother me. Heck, I don't even let my family's opinion affect me.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom