Has there ever been any legitimacy to the long-standing "rumor" of a Villains-themed park?

GhostlyGoofy

Like everything else eventually the theme of just villains would eventually stray away. You'd probably also get several complaints that it's too dark for children, because everyone forgets how dark Disney villains could be.

Just give us Disney's America next to Busch gardens! Now that they own FOX, "Idiocracy" is Disney IP and they can base the future world land around it!

Princess Leia

I do think a Villain section would work in either HS or MK, but not an entire new park. As for thinning out the already 4 parks by adding an additional 5th park I don't see that happening at all because Disney will continue to try and get as many people in to all the parks as they can get to get as much money as they can get each day. Adding a 5th park is not going to thin out that much at all because Disney will figure out some way to keep attendance up in the other 4 as well.
Given how Fantasmic is at DHS, a Villains land could work pretty well out there. I always liked the idea of it be in MK, but this would potentially make DHS a true full day park.

Ideally, I'd want 3 rides, a show and 2 restaurants
  • Bald Mountain coaster
  • Snow White's Scary Adventures
  • Pain & Panic spinner
  • Villains stage show
  • Table service
  • Quick Service

Realistically, we'd get 2 of the rides and 1 restaurant.

Thingamabob

Given how Fantasmic is at DHS, a Villains land could work pretty well out there. I always liked the idea of it be in MK, but this would potentially make DHS a true full day park.

• Bald Mountain coaster
  • Pain & Panic spinner
  • Villains stage show
  • Table service
  • Quick Service
Realistically, we'd get 2 of the rides and 1 restaurant.
I love the idea of getting Snow White's Scary Adventures back. Adding another coaster in DHS would also be a huge plus. Love this idea.

tl77

The Current "Villain After Hours" isn't bad, but I can't imagine a whole park of Villains, maybe a Villains area in Hollywood Studios? A lot of stuff like Lunch Bay will not be around forever, or if they ever need a re-theme of Tower of Terror and Rock-n-Roller Coaster... You could probably also squeeze some Nightmare Before Christmas characters into a Villains area

Princess Leia

The Current "Villain After Hours" isn't bad, but I can't imagine a whole park of Villains, maybe a Villains area in Hollywood Studios? A lot of stuff like Lunch Bay will not be around forever, or if they ever need a re-theme of Tower of Terror and Rock-n-Roller Coaster... You could probably also squeeze some Nightmare Before Christmas characters into a Villains area
Nightmare would lend itself so well to a classic Fantasyland style dark ride, a la Snow White or Toad. And the demand is definitely there, considering how much merch is sold around Halloween and Christmas.

Timothy_Q

• Bald Mountain coaster
  • Pain & Panic spinner
  • Villains stage show
  • Table service
  • Quick Service
Not to rain on your parade (or land)

But your dream Villains land has a spinner and an old basic dark ride that still exists in most Disneylands?

Bob Chapek would love this

Princess Leia

Not to rain on your parade (or land)

But your dream Villains land has a spinner and an old basic dark ride that still exists in most Disneylands?

Bob Chapek would love this
If it was in DHS, it would need a ride that is friendly for small kids- DHS doesn’t currently have one of those.

WDW’s Snow White shouldn’t have been torn out... but it was, and it was replaced by M&Gs. Bringing it back, but making it better than what it was before, would kind of be nice.

Timothy_Q

If it was in DHS, it would need a ride that is friendly for small kids- DHS doesn’t currently have one of those.

WDW’s Snow White shouldn’t have been torn out... but it was, and it was replaced by M&Gs. Bringing it back, but making it better than what it was before, would kind of be nice.
DHS definitely needs more family rides.

My Villains dream land includes:
-A Dark Magic trackless dark ride through the worlds of Maleficent, Dr Facilier and Madam Mim
-A spooky boat ride through the Evil Queen's dungeon and forest, Ursula's lair and Hades underworld
-A colorful indoor family coaster through Pleasure Island, Wonderland and Yzma's lab

Princess Leia

DHS definitely needs more family rides.

My Villains dream land includes:
-A Dark Magic trackless dark ride through the worlds of Maleficent, Dr Facilier and Madam Mim
-A spooky boat ride through the Evil Queen's dungeon and forest, Ursula's lair and Hades underworld
-A colorful indoor family coaster through Pleasure Island, Wonderland and Yzma's lab
Screw my wanting SWSA in the park, you’ve got a boat ride- which DHS also needs. Boat ride > SWSA :p

It’s too bad Japan doesn’t have its Mystery Castle Tour anymore. That seemed like it would have been easy to use for the villain loving crowd here.

SamandplanningUK

I would love a Maleficent coaster, a Hook and the Crocodile themed water ride, and maybe an Aladdins Cave Restaurant where you can hear Jafar calling from outside the cave and hear the walls rumble every now and then.

Thebolt

If Disney ever get serious about a 5th gate, they should just make a 2nd Magic Kingdom park.
The current one is full, but the most popular park. Make a copy over the TTC and put multi storey parking lots with monorail access in.
They could close it in off season (if that ever happens), and rotate ride refurbishments, so the rides are always available.

IWant2GoNow

I believe the Villains' Park rumor is what lead me to this site originally. I was getting a quick service meal at Pecos Bill and the CM there was telling me about it. And that's when I researched, found this site, and realized that CM/bus driver rumors are normally bunk. 😆

I've still been wanting it to come true ever since. 😞

Magenta Panther

I certainly don't know the layout of WDW like the experts here, but could there be room in the Enchanted Forest area for any kind of Villain expansion? Perhaps one part of it could be a Haunted Forest where bad guys hang out to plot against the good guys. Maybe there could be a sort of coaster where you'd encounter villains like The Big Bad Wolf, the Wicked Queen, Shere Khan, Scar, etc. In any case, Disney really ought to do something major in the parks with the Villains besides a dance party or whatever. The Villains are an asset no other studio has (aside from Universal's Classic Monsters, and I think Universal is currently having a hard time utilizing those).

imarc

At this point we need Magic Kingdom 2 because we're running out of space to put things in. Save the last few expansion lots in MK for truly special, original experiences that made Disney famous, (PoTC, Peter Pan, stuff like that), then stuff like Tron could go in the 5th gate (MK2). The imagineers could craft a semi decent story and Bob Iger/Chapek's IP driven desires would be fullfilled.

Seems that there are still several places to expand the Magic Kingdom.

Timothy_Q

I certainly don't know the layout of WDW like the experts here, but could there be room in the Enchanted Forest area for any kind of Villain expansion? Perhaps one part of it could be a Haunted Forest where bad guys hang out to plot against the good guys. Maybe there could be a sort of coaster where you'd encounter villains like The Big Bad Wolf, the Wicked Queen, Shere Khan, Scar, etc. In any case, Disney really ought to do something major in the parks with the Villains besides a dance party or whatever. The Villains are an asset no other studio has (aside from Universal's Classic Monsters, and I think Universal is currently having a hard time utilizing those).
WDW still has room for anything they'd like to build, without having to remove anything else

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
If Disney ever get serious about a 5th gate, they should just make a 2nd Magic Kingdom park.
The current one is full, but the most popular park. Make a copy over the TTC and put multi storey parking lots with monorail access in.
They could close it in off season (if that ever happens), and rotate ride refurbishments, so the rides are always available.

What did I just read??? Ummm. Nope just Nope.
2i7j3m.jpg

Castle Cake Apologist

There was enough talk and WDW chatter about “night kingdom” that there had to be at least some fire behind the smoke. But it never really got too far

Night Kingdom didn't involve the villains at all. Night Kingdom was a boutique park connected to Animal Kingdom... I don't know where you're getting that it had anything whatsoever to do with villains?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom