Has there ever been any legitimacy to the long-standing "rumor" of a Villains-themed park?

beastlykingdom

Original Poster
As far as we know, anyway.

Lately I've been seeing a lot of comments referring to the "rumored Villains-themed park," but as far as I can tell, it's never been a rumor. It's been a pipe dream. I don't think there will ever be a park entirely themed to the villains, at least in WDW or DL.

But does anybody else remember differently? Remember any old rumors or insider info?

Bocabear

Honestly, a Villains Lair section would be amazing at the Magic Kingdom...Open up an expansion area just behind the Haunted Mansion... Three rides, a couple meet and greets, restaurant and shops... Would be a fabulous addition.... But the way things are going these days, if they ever did build it, it would probably be in EPCOT LOL

imarc

Honestly, a Villains Lair section would be amazing at the Magic Kingdom...Open up an expansion area just behind the Haunted Mansion... Three rides, a couple meet and greets, restaurant and shops... Would be a fabulous addition.... But the way things are going these days, if they ever did build it, it would probably be in EPCOT LOL

Love the idea, but can they even even access that area without filling in Rivers of America?

WDWFREAK53

I always thought it should go behind Beast's Castle...because the villains live "on the other side of the tracks"
Make a tunnel in the rockwork that looks like the Cave of Wonders.

Bocabear

I always thought it should go behind Beast's Castle...because the villains live "on the other side of the tracks"
Make a tunnel in the rockwork that looks like the Cave of Wonders.
That is a great idea too... But the backstage area there with the utilidor entrance is pretty tight... Maybe get rid of the circus tents and do it back there...though it is not a large enough area to do it justice...
Now if they moved Small World to EPCOT, the building could be demolished opening up access to an area roughly the size of the Fantasyland Expansion...

imarc

That is a great idea too... But the backstage area there with the utilidor entrance is pretty tight... Maybe get rid of the circus tents and do it back there...though it is not a large enough area to do it justice...
Now if they moved Small World to EPCOT, the building could be demolished opening up access to an area roughly the size of the Fantasyland Expansion...

Brilliant. That would solve the choke point problem as well.

kap91

Build bridges over the access roads to that huge plot of land between the tracks and the utilidors. Could allow for a properly spaced fantasyland station too. There's already precedents for this with some lovely themed bridges you don't known are bridges at Disney sea, a bugs land, and at world gateway.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
What I remember hearing is that the site would be at the TTC parking lot site and the two kingdoms would face each other.

It would be cool to be in a central location and look forward to see Cinderella Castle and turn around to see a similar, but ominous villainous castle directly opposite... not sure how possible that location would be logistically, but it's a cool thought nonetheless...

Slowjack

As far as we know, anyway.

Lately I've been seeing a lot of comments referring to the "rumored Villains-themed park," but as far as I can tell, it's never been a rumor. It's been a pipe dream. I don't think there will ever be a park entirely themed to the villains, at least in WDW or DL.

But does anybody else remember differently? Remember any old rumors or insider info?
I do remember a villain park rumor, but that was a while ago--90s, perhaps? Pretty sure it was before the opening of AK. The rumored name, or maybe this was just a code name, was Shadowlands, or something like that. Never heard, even in rumor form, where it was going to go.

Bocabear

It would be cool to be in a central location and look forward to see Cinderella Castle and turn around to see a similar, but ominous villainous castle directly opposite... not sure how possible that location would be logistically, but it's a cool thought nonetheless...
I separate Villain park would have been great but under another management...Ifd they built it now it would be a standalone park with 3 rides, lots of meet and greets and shops and restaurants... another half finished park...Better for it to be placed in one of the other parks that need more attraction... Though probably DHS is the only one other than the Magic Kingdom where you could make sense of it being there...

imarc

If Disney were to add a 5th gate I would hope that they would go for the working movie studio idea.

I'd love to know what goes on behind the scenes and learn how they do it.

Plus it would be great for the local economy to start producing TV shows and movies in Orlando.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If Disney were to add a 5th gate I would hope that they would go for the working movie studio idea.

I'd love to know what goes on behind the scenes and learn how they do it.

Plus it would be great for the local economy to start producing TV shows and movies in Orlando.

I would like to see a fifth gate that was sort of a permeant worlds fair where they show off innovative new technologies and edutainment based attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom