Has there been any word/rumors about the Night Kingdom Project?

mm121

Original Poster
Has there been any word/rumors about the Night Kingdom Project?

I remember hearing about this back when Pleasure Island initially closed.

It would have been an evening experience with limited hours and a limited capacity with a premium price, similar to SeaWorlds Discovery Cove.

jt04

Because it's truly a dead topic, for which there are no new rumors or news....

I believe the decision was made to convert all of DAK to an evening park including elements from the original idea. Seems to me to be the right choice.

And it should really be even better in the future. Still plenty of room for expansion.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I believe the decision was made to convert all of DAK to an evening park including elements from the original idea. Seems to me to be the right choice.

And it should really be even better in the future. Still plenty of room for expansion.
And that decision (if it comes to fruition) was made as part of the Avatar project(s), not Nightly Kingdom....

Cmdr_Crimson

abandoned-dog-was-left-to-die-in-dumpster__oPt.jpg

jt04

And that decision (if it comes to fruition) was made as part of the Avatar project(s), not Nightly Kingdom....

Still a doubter. How sad. Actually the night safari was going to happen whether Pandora had turned into something else or not. It was inevitable that DAK would be utilized in the evening. They are having to expand at DAK and DTD due to demand. And it likely makes a 5th gate inevitable in a decade or so. IMO.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Still a doubter. How sad. Actually the night safari was going to happen whether Pandora had turned into something else or not. It was inevitable that DAK would be utilized in the evening. They are having to expand at DAK and DTD due to demand. And it likely makes a 5th gate inevitable in a decade or so. IMO.

Still hopelessly optimistic. How sad. ;)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'll continue to doubt until the project is completed....

And what would you know firsthand of demand at either locale, particularly over the past decade?

mm121

Original Poster

If they did wish to have a 5th gate ready in a decade they better get started now, as at their current rate of construction it will take 10 years to build it, as just one land is taking 3 from groundbreaking, 4 or more from conception for Avatar land now that its been pushed back to 2017 and only consists of 2 attractions.

jt04

If they did wish to have a 5th gate ready in a decade they better get started now, as at their current rate of construction it will take 10 years to build it, as just one land is taking 3 from groundbreaking, 4 or more from conception for Avatar land now that its been pushed back to 2017 and only consists of 2 attractions.

They can easily adjust that depending on business needs.

If Uni and WDW adds have the effect of bringing substantially more people to Central Florida than I think a 5th park could happen at WDW in this timeframe. I really do not think anyone knows what the ceiling is in an increasingly connected world. Fortunately MCO has plenty of room to expand.

WDW1974

Oh, how sad. Trying to be relevant by trotting out 2005-08 era crazy talk of fifth gates. Sad.

And since the boutique animal park is dead and not coming back, the thread should likely be as well.

Magenta Panther

Night Kingdom was a dumb idea anyway. Animal Kingdom is boring enough during the day, when you can actually see everything. I can't imagine what a night-time version could offer to lure in enough guests to make the cost of it worthwhile. Good riddance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom