Has theme park culture gone too far?

Tamandua

Original Poster
Today I found out there's a Back to the Future Churro at Universal Japan:

USJ_BackToTheFutureChurro_2-2387665-1200x675.jpeg.jpg

I'm all for gimmicky things like popcorn buckets and such, but this feels... Crazy.

ToTBellHop

I really love the parks leaning into this geekdom. It’s better than feeling like they are taking advantage of us, selling products and snacks that we could buy at Walmart. It is nice to see them try out unique things in the parks. Some will fail, others become classics. Someone had to invent the Mickey Pretzel.

Tamandua

Original Poster
Themed entertainment can't include themed food?
I'm not against themed food at all, but this just feels really, really forced. I mean it's funny, but it's funny mainly because it's so ridiculous. It's not like blue milk or something that feels like an actual immersive element in a themed land. This is a Churro basically painted to look like a BTTF poster.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I'm not against themed food at all, but this just feels really, really forced. I mean it's funny, but it's funny mainly because it's so ridiculous. It's not like blue milk or something that feels like an actual immersive element in a themed land. This is a Churro basically painted to look like a BTTF poster.
All it's missing is the 1.21 gigawatts of energy! Then again, that thing looks like it has a LOT of sugar!

ToTBellHop

BttF is ridiculous though. And I’m a huge fan. But, it’s ridiculous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom