Has the monorail always had a time posted above the entrance?

luv

Original Poster
When you're leaving the MK and getting on the Express monorail and you walk under the sign/arch...has there always been a wait time posted on the top of the sign/arch?

I saw this for the first time ever today, lol.

mergatroid

Noticed it the first time on our very recent trip too. We left after wishes on a Saturday night and it was showing 25 minutes, which was quite depressing as it had taken nearly that long to get down Main Street from the castle :eek:

afar28

I believe adding the times to the
Monrail and boat was a part of the MM+ project. Bus waits are next

Tom

Beta Return
I believe adding the times to the
Monrail and boat was a part of the MM+ project. Bus waits are next

Bus stops should have been first (beyond the one or two test locations). You can guess when a monorail or ferry will likely arrive, since you can essentially see them along their entire route (excluding EPCOT). Have bus wait time boards, if they ever get around to finishing that project, will be epic.

afar28

Bus stops should have been first (beyond the one or two test locations). You can guess when a monorail or ferry will likely arrive, since you can essentially see them along their entire route (excluding EPCOT). Have bus wait time boards, if they ever get around to finishing that project, will be epic.
It would definately save a lot of time. I personally don't really think a monorail/boat wait time is needed, but a bus wait time would be very helpful

openendedsky

I think the problem with a bus wait time, right now at least, is that hardly any of the buses continually run the same route. Once they reach a destination, the little black box up front tells them where to go.

Tom

Beta Return
I think the problem with a bus wait time, right now at least, is that hardly any of the buses continually run the same route. Once they reach a destination, the little black box up front tells them where to go.

But the master dispatch system knows (well, it SHOULD know) approximately how far away a dispatched bus is from any given bus stop. Even if Bus A isn't headed back to the place it came from, Bus Z is - and the computer knows this.

openendedsky

But the master dispatch system knows (well, it SHOULD know) approximately how far away a dispatched bus is from any given bus stop. Even if Bus A isn't headed back to the place it came from, Bus Z is - and the computer knows this.
Fair point that I hadn't considered

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom