Has it warmed up any down there yet!

Mikester71

Original Poster
We are heading down to WDW in 18 days (March 14th - 24th) and I was just wondering what the daily average temps have been like lately. Hopefully they are on the upswing. I know a friend of mine just got back a couple of weeks ago and he said it was very cold :cool: and rained quite a bit.

Has it really been that cold down there so far this winter and has it shown any signs of warming up there lately (like a few days in the 70's or even 80's in a row)? :shrug:

Mikester71

Original Poster
It is warmer but still not the normal this time of year. As a native Floridian I love the cooler weather.

As a Canadian, I am kinda hoping for the warmer variety myself! :ROFLOL:What have the daily highs been the last week or so? BTW, can't wait to head your way and check out Siesta Beach this upcoming trip too. I have always wanted to swim in the ocean (or at least the Gulf - haha).

brent2124

As a Canadian, I am kinda hoping for the warmer variety myself! :ROFLOL:What have the daily highs been the last week or so? BTW, can't wait to head your way and check out Siesta Beach this upcoming trip too. I have always wanted to swim in the ocean (or at least the Gulf - haha).
Highs in mid 70's to low 80's,which is very nice. But at night its been cool and windy some. Siesta is amazing! The sand is perfect powdery white.The first time I went to another beach I was about 14 or so and could not believe how terrible the sand was.

Once you go Siesta, You never go Back!:ROFLOL:

Mikester71

Original Poster
Highs in mid 70's to low 80's,which is very nice. But at night its been cool and windy some. Siesta is amazing! The sand is perfect powdery white.The first time I went to another beach I was about 14 or so and could not believe how terrible the sand was.

Once you go Siesta, You never go Back!:ROFLOL:

Those temps sound perfect Brent (opposed to the highs in the mid 30's here this week)! :ROFLOL:I live on one of the Great Lakes (bottom of Lake Huron actually) up here which has some awesome beaches themselves. But the family and I can't wait to see Siesta and its famous white sand. One last question if you don't mind Brent, the kids want to know if they will find seashells along the beach (either along the shore or in the water)?

Thanks for the info Brent! :wave:

brent2124

Those temps sound perfect Brent (opposed to the highs in the mid 30's here this week)! :ROFLOL:I live on one of the Great Lakes (bottom of Lake Huron actually) up here which has some awesome beaches themselves. But the family and I can't wait to see Siesta and its famous white sand. One last question if you don't mind Brent, the kids want to know if they will find seashells along the beach (either along the shore or in the water)?

Thanks for the info Brent! :wave:
LOTS! If you look long enough you may find some sharks teeth and sand dollars even. As a tip if the main beach is busy, which in the middle of March it will most likely be, drive along the road to one of the "Beach Accesses" wear it will be less crowded. They are marked by small blue signs saying Beach Access 1,2, or whatever number it may be. Have Fun.

Mikester71

Original Poster
LOTS! If you look long enough you may find some sharks teeth and sand dollars even. As a tip if the main beach is busy, which in the middle of March it will most likely be, drive along the road to one of the "Beach Accesses" wear it will be less crowded. They are marked by small blue signs saying Beach Access 1,2, or whatever number it may be. Have Fun.

Excellent...thanks for that tip too Brent! I can't wait! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

tcwickings

Oh wow...really! I don't mind cold myself, but it gets to be old after 4 or 5 months. 70 to 80 degrees suits me just fine. I can do without the 90 degree stuff though.
Mike, hope you guys have a great time the weather will be better than here.My buddy just got back on sunday , he said the day time is great.

Nemo14

We were there last week. The days were delightful, but it did cool down quite a bit in the evenings. We've been going this same week for 9 years, and this was definitely the coolest weather we've had there.

No snow though! :sohappy:

Mikester71

Original Poster
We were there last week. The days were delightful, but it did cool down quite a bit in the evenings. We've been going this same week for 9 years, and this was definitely the coolest weather we've had there.

No snow though! :sohappy:

No snow is good! :ROFLOL:

Mikester71

Original Poster
Mike, hope you guys have a great time the weather will be better than here.My buddy just got back on sunday , he said the day time is great.

Hey thanks Carl...we can't wait to get down there and out of this crappy weather for a little bit. What a winter we have had up here this year! :cry:

tcwickings

Hey thanks Carl...we can't wait to get down there and out of this crappy weather for a little bit. What a winter we have had up here this year! :cry:
this has been the coldest and most snow we have had in a long time. Have fun and a cold one for me.Let ous know how it went when you get back.

Hrudey3032

Mike-

It was about 68 when I got into Orlando tonight around 730pm. From my understanding this week will be in the mid to upper 70's and lows in the upper 40's low 50's.Enjoy your stay when you get here. I will be here thru the 11th and enjoying every second of the weather!

The Mom

Premium Member
Be advised that a cold front is moving through NE FL right this moment (with lots of rain and very heavy winds) and the temperatures will be dropping during the day, so people who didn't check the weather before setting out are in for a nasty surprise.

This front is on a diagonal (E - W) so will probably be hitting Orlando early afternoon. This sort of weather is not uncommon this time of year; it can be 70 when you go into lunch, then drop to 50 by the time you leave!

It is predicted to be unseasonably cool (but still nice for you snowbirds) for most of the week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom