Has it really been 12 years since our last visit

Le Twins Day

In the Parks
No
We were just 3 years old on on last trip, which was our first trip to WDW !

Time for some introductions, Ciara & Callum (we will be 16 when we arrive - twins), Mom (29 and a bit and the bits her own business ;)) and finally Dad (aka Grumpy Old Man:grumpy: and spreadsheet planner)

Our journey will begin on Sunday 14th August 2022, likely we will be up at 4am 🥱, we depart Birmingham airport @ 8am with a flight change in Dublin, here we will clear 🇺🇸 Immigration & Customs, this is a major selling point for us to travel this route.

Due to arrive in MCO @ 7pm - we are undecided on whether to use Mears Connect, or Limo - Dad is still researching and has been reading on these forums about Limo recommendations i.e. Happy Limo etc. - watch this space 🚐

We are staying at All Star Movies for 21 nights, we have secured a great package for the first 14 nights from UK, including accommodation, park tickets, dining credit $500 + $100 gift card. Mom & Dad are considering upgrading to a Moderate resort for last 7 nights as we saved £800 / $1100 on flights by moving them to travel one day later than originally planned - Dad is waiting to see if Disney bring out any other deals 🛏️

Dad has already booked the park reservations 😲. As Mom & Dad have been multiple times to WDW, we are sticking with their tradition of MK 🏰 on both the first and last days.

Dad (mostly) and Mom are currently planning dining reservations 😋 for when our 60 day window opens.

Will share the full itinerary when Dad finalises it :)

We leave on Sunday 4th September, arriving back on Monday at 4pm - lucky us we start college on the Tuesday - thanks Dad no time to recover from jet lag :):)

Last edited:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
We were just 3 years old on on last trip, which was our first trip to WDW !

Time for some introductions, Ciara & Callum (we will be 16 when we arrive - twins), Mom (29 and a bit and the bits her own business ;)) and finally Dad (aka Grumpy Old Man:grumpy: and spreadsheet planner)

Our journey will begin on Sunday 14th August 2022, likely we will be up at 4am 🥱, we depart Birmingham airport @ 8am with a flight change in Dublin, here we will clear 🇺🇸 Immigration & Customs, this is a major selling point for us to travel this route.

Due to arrive in MCO @ 7pm - we are undecided on whether to use Mears Connect, or Limo - Dad is still researching and has been reading on these forums about Limo recommendations i.e. Happy Limo etc. - watch this space 🚐

We are staying at All Star Movies for 21 nights, we have secured a great package for the first 14 nights from UK, including accommodation, park tickets, dining credit $500 + $100 gift card. Mom & Dad are considering upgrading to a Moderate resort for last 7 nights as we saved £800 / $1100 on flights by moving them to travel one day later than originally planned - Dad is waiting to see if Disney bring out any other deals 🛏️

Dad has already booked the park reservations 😲. As Mom & Dad have been multiple times to WDW, we are sticking with their tradition of MK 🏰 on both the first and last days.

Dad (mostly) and Mom are currently planning dining reservations 😋 for when our 60 day window opens.

Will share the full itinerary when Dad finalises it :)

We leave on Sunday 4th September, arriving back on Monday at 4pm - lucky us we start college on the Tuesday - thanks Dad no time to recover from jet lag :):)
Have a wonderful time on your upcoming vacation!!
Tell Dad to check Garden tours and Transportation also. We've worked with them for years
Pam

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

With 21 nights youll have plenty of time to explore all the parks and discover what is on property. I hope you are making lists of the most important things you want to see and do and snack on so you wont miss out on anything important. The good thing about having lots of time to spend is that you can visit the parks multiple times and redo your favorite things. We usually get 2 weeks in at a time and still dont get to do all we want.
Hope your flights go smoothly and you both build up many family memories to take back with you. Just think.. maybe someday you can qualify for the CP program and come back and actually work at Disney. ;)

Upvote 0

RickP330

Just our opinion, but rent a car if you still can. 21 days is a long time. Perhaps you could Rent a car for the for first few days and the and turn it in locally at WDW. Perhaps rent it for the last few days before you return to the airport. Just our .02 cents.
Rick

Upvote 0

Le Twins Day

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
With 21 nights youll have plenty of time to explore all the parks and discover what is on property. I hope you are making lists of the most important things you want to see and do and snack on so you wont miss out on anything important. The good thing about having lots of time to spend is that you can visit the parks multiple times and redo your favorite things. We usually get 2 weeks in at a time and still dont get to do all we want.
Hope your flights go smoothly and you both build up many family memories to take back with you. Just think.. maybe someday you can qualify for the CP program and come back and actually work at Disney. ;)
Thanks JiminyCR. Dad is planning on the first week to settle in and visit other resorts before going full on for the last two weeks 24/7 :):) Mom & Dad would love for us to participate in CP

Upvote 0

Le Twins Day

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Just our opinion, but rent a car if you still can. 21 days is a long time. Perhaps you could Rent a car for the for first few days and the and turn it in locally at WDW. Perhaps rent it for the last few days before you return to the airport. Just our .02 cents.
Rick
Thanks RickP330, I'm sure Dad will be on the case for this option 🚗

Upvote 0

Le Twins Day

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I'm insanely jealous of a 21 night vacation to WDW!! The most I've done has only been a 9 night vacation there. I look forward to the trip report with LOTS of photos.
thanks Sbk1234, We know - 21 days can't wait, got to make the most when travelling from UK :)Dad has a fancy Canon camera and lenses so I'm sure there will be lots of photos

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jasminethecat

I think that I could get tired of WDW by 21 days, but I would really love to test that hypothesis. I would have to take 2 days at universal to break it up in the middle, and i would definitely get to know the hotel washers and dryers better.

Upvote 0

Le Twins Day

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So with all the hassle at UK airports being in the news a lot recently whereby people are queueing for 4 hours and in a small number of cases missing flights, which is insane, mainly for the early morning departures, Dad decided to see if we could change our flight and depart on the Saturday evening and stopover in Dublin :) After several attempts to get through to Aer Lingus, we were able to change for no additional cost to the flights - great customer service from Angelo at Aer Lingus. Now all we had to do was find a hotel at Dublin airport for the night! Another result as we were able to book Premier Inn about a mile form the airport for just over £200 for two rooms. this has meant no 2am start on the Sunday which in the land of 16 years olds is the best news ever - we love our beds:). Mum & Dad are still deciding on what Table Service to book during our visit as the window for us opens in a couple of weeks, the plan is for a couple each week at least that's what we think it is :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom