Has guest customer service ever responded to an email for you?

armyfamilyof5

Original Poster
We had a horrible service at the Coral Reef this past week. My husband refused to "cause a scene" but basically the waiter refused to give the children water even after we asked twice, we never got drink refills the entire time, then we got an appetizer and the sauce for DH's fish after the meal, the waiter failed to bring the children their sundae's at the end of the meal, we asked for them twice. Not one time did anyone check on us or ask if we needed anything (and we needed drink refills, the sauce for the fish that had been left off, our appetizer and desserts). If my DH had not been with me I would have been talking with a manager but we just paid and left. I know DH will never go there again even though he realizes this is just one server that ruined the experience. I emailed guest services when we got home but have never heard back from them, not even an acknowledgement they received my email. Has anyone else on here ever emailed guest services and actually received a response?

JamieD

We had a horrible service at the Coral Reef this past week. My husband refused to "cause a scene" but basically the waiter refused to give the children water even after we asked twice, we never got drink refills the entire time, then we got an appetizer and the sauce for DH's fish after the meal, the waiter failed to bring the children their sundae's at the end of the meal, we asked for them twice. Not one time did anyone check on us or ask if we needed anything (and we needed drink refills, the sauce for the fish that had been left off, our appetizer and desserts). If my DH had not been with me I would have been talking with a manager but we just paid and left. I know DH will never go there again even though he realizes this is just one server that ruined the experience. I emailed guest services when we got home but have never heard back from them, not even an acknowledgement they received my email. Has anyone else on here ever emailed guest services and actually received a response?

We had a bad experience at Coral Reef in 1999 or so. We commented to Guest Services upon exiting the park and by the time we returned to our resort, we had a voice mail from the chef who wanted to apologize and refund our money. It was a nice rebound from a sour taste.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If you didn't get a system generated response acknowledging receipt and they would follow up they likely did not get the email.

Honestly if you were not willing to at least ask to speak to a manager at the time I don't know why you would want to bring it up now. You can have a discussion with the manager at the time without causing a scene and likely gotten more resolution than you will get from sending an email after the fact.

DisneyJoe

Most emails will eventually receive a reply either by email or usually by phone call.

Honestly if you were not willing to at least ask to speak to a manager at the time I don't know why you would want to bring it up now. You can have a discussion with the manager at the time without causing a scene and likely gotten more resolution than you will get from sending an email after the fact.

Managers will be able to grant much better service recovery at the time of the incident than when they hear about it days or weeks later.

Pioneer Hall

You will likely receive some response as Joe said. However, if the service is bad enough that you think it deserves attention then it is always best to speak to a manager at that time. The manager would have the ability to say something to the waiter at that moment, and possibly would have compensated you in someway. At this point, Disney will listen to your complaint, but there isn't much more that will come from it.

Captain Hank

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience at the Coral Reef. If you happen to have a bad experience in the future, I'd strongly recommend speaking to a manager at the earliest opportunity, definitely prior to leaving the restaurant. That usually leads to the best and quickest resolution. Failing that, visit Guest Relations day-of.

Every e-mail or letter sent to Guest Communications is replied to. Try checking your spam box--see if a response may have been routed there. Otherwise, give it a few more days and send a follow-up e-mail to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com.

Polydweller

When you get service like you received, always, always ask to talk to the manager at that time. Having been in the service industry for much if my life, including manager and ownership positions, I can say that managers want to know of legitimate complaints and won't be offended by them. They will try o make things better.

Writing later will be less effective. It's much harder to investigate and there is little that can be done. The restaurant will be informed and the manager will talk to people but it will bebhard for them to have hard evidence to act on and they do need that.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I always get an automated response first, than the actual followup email.

For something like this, though, why not ask to speak to the manager immediately? It can be done without causing a scene.

Cendure

In answer to your question, yes you should get a reply from Disney. It can however, take a couple of weeks. We had a not great dinner at The Wave on our recent trip (Aug. 20 - 28). We did speak to the manager when we were there and he refunded the cost of the meal. However, when we came home we sent an email to Disney commending some of the great cast members we met and commenting on the meal at the Wave. We did explain that the manager did deal with the problem to our satisfaction, but just yesterday (Sept 7), we got a call from a Disney rep wanting to speak to us about our experience at the restaurant.

bmarkelon

I hear you and have been wondering the same thing. I had an awful experience on our last trip at the BBB; our Fairy Godmother in Training was the worst cast member I have ever experienced in our Disney history. There was no way I was going to make a scene in front of my sweet princess. I made a phone call and then was instructed to send the email with my phone number. This was done almost a month ago and I have heard nothing. Still waiting because I want this girl to get a lesson in the way that magical experience should go down. I just don't want anyone else to have the bad experience that I did. :fork:

BigRedDad

Yes, they will respond. You have to be tactful and assertive but not aggressive. State the things that made the trip enjoyable and then explain the situation. Assert what you would consider fair compensation.

In all cases, if possible, you should speak to a manager at the time of the disservice. The reason for this is the issue can be remedied quickly. Everyone, even Disney CMs, is entitled to a bad day. No one knows what was going on with the individual. Maybe he just received a phone call his parents were killed in a car crash (on the extreme end) and had no time or method of coping. At least if the manager was aware, it can be addressed.

CaptainShortty

For future reference, speaking to the manager, even in private is the most direct and useful way to get a problem like that resolved. Of course that form of action is not for everyone but just to let you know, that's generally your best option. That being said, I would give them a little time to get back to your e-mail. I haven't sent them anything but I am aware they get thousands of e-mails everyday so it may take some time. Be patient. I do hope they get back to you soon and apologize for your unfortunate experience.

armyfamilyof5

Original Poster
Thanks for the positive responses everyone! DH is not the type to ever complain and hates when I do! He was just as unhappy about the service but he thinks just never going there again is the only remedy. I like the Coral Reef and it makes me sad we won't be going back. There have only been a few times in my life I've felt the need to complain to the manager, in this instance DH wouldn't let me as he felt it would further ruin the day if the manager was not receptive. Hopefully guest services will at least take our complaints into consideration so as to not ruin the Disney experience for future guests.

coachwnh

i have emailed for good experiences and did get replies. if we ever had an issue like you, we addressed it there. this past summer we waited over an hour at 1900 park fare and the pager never went off. after asking what the issue was i was assured we would be called soon. 20 minutes later and after over an hour i check again. i was told they have been paging us for over 50 min (but for some reason nobody ever checked the lobby where we were asked to wait) anyway, we were told the mgr would see us inside. this never happened. i wanted to leave and my wife stopped and said no. it was our last night and now 945 pm. we asked to see the mgr. she was great. offered us breakfast there the next day (on her), but we declined. she then asked for our receipt. she then said our entire bill would be taken care of. if you have an issue just address it. we've had bad mgr. experiences as well, but for the most part they are great with this type of stuff.

todpatcam

I've sent several emails in the past praising a cast member for going above and beyond and they always responded thanking us for the email and that the CM would be recognized for their actions.

I also sent an email a few weeks back regarding the date changes to free dining; we had booked free dining from Sun to Sat and had to book a room only for the Sat we arrived since free dining started the day after our trip started. Once we found out the dates had changed and our arrival date was now included in the free dining, we called to make the change but our resort was full. The agent said we could change from POFQ to POR but we have never stayed at POFQ and did not want to give up our resort. We left our reservation as originally booked but I emailed customer services to explain the situation. A week plus went by and I had actually forgotten about the email and one night we received a phone call from WDW; the agent was extremely nice and apologetic for the inconvenience this caused us and preceded to tell me that they had revised our reservation to include our arrival date for the free dining plan at POFQ.

This will be our 4th visit to WDW and they continue to amaze us with their over the top customer service and not to mention the absolutly wonderful time we have during our stay - we can't wait for our upcoming visit.

lbrad

Thanks for the positive responses everyone! DH is not the type to ever complain and hates when I do! He was just as unhappy about the service but he thinks just never going there again is the only remedy. I like the Coral Reef and it makes me sad we won't be going back. There have only been a few times in my life I've felt the need to complain to the manager, in this instance DH wouldn't let me as he felt it would further ruin the day if the manager was not receptive. Hopefully guest services will at least take our complaints into consideration so as to not ruin the Disney experience for future guests.

Do you remember the servers name???
Going to Coral Reef in 22 days for lunch ... hoping for good service

bladerunner

A few years ago the security guard at AK tore a zipper and lining on the inside of my wife's purse when trying to look through it. We immediately went to guest services filed a complaint, spoke with a manager, and wrote an email - we never got any response from anyone. The incident was so upsetting to my wife that we have not returned to AK since then.

disneygirl1

I ran into an issue with pop last week... I asked to speak to a manager at the time the situation occured and was pretty much told there was nothing they could do! So when I returned home I emailed guest relations. So far I only received the email that acknowledges that they received my email. That email said they would be in contact with me regarding the exact situtation within the next 7 business days, so we will see what happens.

Captain Hank

A few years ago the security guard at AK tore a zipper and lining on the inside of my wife's purse when trying to look through it. We immediately went to guest services filed a complaint, spoke with a manager, and wrote an email - we never got any response from anyone. The incident was so upsetting to my wife that we have not returned to AK since then.
If it's any consolation, the policy is now that if there is a zippered pouch on a bag, the Guest is asked to open it themselves.

WDWLOYAL1971

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. Hope the rest of your trip went great.

I've had my share of unpleasant experiences at WDW. I have emailed their Corporate offices, I have sent my complaints via US mail certified, and not once have I received a reply. But that's not to say they wont reply to you. Just don't let a negative experience ruin it for you in the future. Things will happen that are not up to our expectations where ever we may be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom