Has anyone used the Disney Honeymoon Regisrty?

Cynderella

Original Poster
Hello everyone. My fiance and I are getting married 09/08/07 :sohappy: and we are registered for the Disney Honeymoon registry. It looks super cool and it will be a huge help for helping to pay for our trip. My question is for anyone who has used it so far, Is the money that is put on the card pretty much good for anything? For example, we registered for $$ for Whispering Canyon, if we used it somewhere else does it really matter? I just wasnt sure if you had to use the exact $$ for the exact place your registered for. Hopefully that made sense! :lol: Thanks for any help!

DisTrooper

I am getting married on the same day, so 1st off congrats. We are also registered. To the best of my knowledge its just like a big gift card. All of the money the people give just goes on the card and you spend it as you see fit. They just think they are getting you something specific. We will be there from 09/10-19.

UKHelen

Hi Cynderella and DisTrooper and congratulations to you both!

We get married 10/13 and are registered on the honeymoon registry and completely agree with Distrooper - my understanding is that although wedding guests are selecting actual items (e.g. meal at Whispering Canyon), the total value added to the card is of ALL guest selected items. So if you have 10 items at a value of $50.00 bought by guests, you get $500.00 on your card (which btw is soooooo cute) to spend where you like on what you like.:D

carolina_yankee

DP and I registered after Disney changed their same-gender policy, though we'll be there just for honeymoon since NJ has a civil union law. You can defnitely use the funds provided at any place Disney gift cards are accepted. The items you choose just help you friends and family figure out how much to contribute and makes it look a little less like they're just giving you money! It also help provide different price points for people who might not be able to give as much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom