Has anyone tried the Edison yet?

Kristopher Rannells

Original Poster
Looking for any experiences at the Edison you may have had. We wanted House of Blues on a Disney Springs night but it was unavailable. Our Disney Planner secured The Edison instead and we were pretty stoked after reading the menu. Now we have read a bunch of mostly negative reviews, so we are thinking maybe we should change to Raglan Road or something else. Any thoughts?

wwmmd

We ate dinner there the very end of February. I got a late reservation so that it would hopefully overlap with the entertainment. The food we got was ok and the entertainment (which starts at 10) was a singer. We stuck around until almost 11 to see if they'd have some different entertainment (dancers, etc), but it was just the singer and band. They were good, but the overall experience was a let down for us. We were really excited to go, but I don't foresee ever going again. We also had brunch at Raglan Road that trip and saw the dancers. The food was fabulous and so were the dancers. The atmosphere was really fun. We'd go back there in a second.

Amos1784

Maybe just personal preference but I would recommend Raglan over the Edison. I feel it's a more fun experience and the food is better. I would eat/enjoy the dancers at Raglan and then maybe stop in for a drink at The Edison and you will be able to check it out still. It was definitely a one and done for us, but like I said could be personal preference, it felt like just any other bar in the city.

Another suggestion is have dinner at Boathouse (our personal favorite) or Homecomin and then stop in to Raglan and Edison after? That sounds like a solid night out.

DisDadWoz

We only stopped in at mid-day for apps and a couple of drinks. Really wasn't that impressed with anything about it. (Service, food ambiance) We actually had a much better experience at Jock Lindseys Hangar Bar. Ragland Road is still one of favorites as well.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Looking for any experiences at the Edison you may have had. We wanted House of Blues on a Disney Springs night but it was unavailable. Our Disney Planner secured The Edison instead and we were pretty stoked after reading the menu. Now we have read a bunch of mostly negative reviews, so we are thinking maybe we should change to Raglan Road or something else. Any thoughts?
https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/the-edison/news/04jan2018-review---the-edison-at-disney-springs.htm

wwmmd

We only stopped in at mid-day for apps and a couple of drinks. Really wasn't that impressed with anything about it. (Service, food ambiance) We actually had a much better experience at Jock Lindseys Hangar Bar. Ragland Road is still one of favorites as well.

We stopped at Jock Lindsey's for a drink before going to The Edison. We loved it!! Wish we would have just stayed there and grabbed something to eat.

Kristopher Rannells

Original Poster
Maybe just personal preference but I would recommend Raglan over the Edison. I feel it's a more fun experience and the food is better. I would eat/enjoy the dancers at Raglan and then maybe stop in for a drink at The Edison and you will be able to check it out still. It was definitely a one and done for us, but like I said could be personal preference, it felt like just any other bar in the city.

Another suggestion is have dinner at Boathouse (our personal favorite) or Homecomin and then stop in to Raglan and Edison after? That sounds like a solid night out.
Thanks Amos! We actually do DS on arrival day as we get there late and our departure day. We have a reservation for the Homecomin prior to leaving and are really excited about that.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I ate there in March, and it was fine. We all left full and the food was fine. The atmosphere was cool, we didn't see any entertainers though. I am in no rush to go back there at all, there are other restaurants I would rather eat at.

Occasional Guest

We ate there in early April 2018 for lunch with an 8 and 10 year old. Service was below expectations. Food was ok after they got the right sandwiches delivered. Very slow. On the plus side, I loved the atmosphere. I wouldn't go back though.

HoraceHorizons

Has anyone gone to The Edison for weekend late-nightlife? I was eagerly waiting for it to open for the entertainment. Its hard to care to have another nice restaurant in Disney Springs that stops serving food at 10pm. There are so many nice restaurants that close too early already. To me, this has been a disappointment on my last 2 Disney trips...and I love WDW but all of the great nightlife/restaurant options close pretty early. The Edison was supposed to be the solution to that, IMO - a place for adults, open late with a classy menu and entertainment. Even a Monorail crawl is hard to schedule, and usually out of the question unless MK is open late, which defeats the purpose since, well,...that's the obvious nite to be in MK! I dont understand why all the resort restaurants surrounding the parks don't stay open after said park closes. For instance, in November when Epcot is regularly closing at 9P, the planner in me says, "Ok...to the Boardwalk resorts!" Only to find all the lounges and restaurants sans JELLYROLLS (which is highly over-rated and loses serious points for having a FRAT-PARTY-style drink menu IMO) all close a half hour after EPCOT does. With all the WORLD SHOWCASE traffic, doesnt it occur to WDW that those people could keep the night going and the $ flowing? That we'd want to sit down and eat after the long day maybe? By the time I get on the bus and head to Disney Springs, all the good restaurants are basically no longer serving full menu. I can probably count on one hand in years and years worth of Disney trips, how many times I HAVEN'T been hungry after the park closes. Why does Disney do this?
I realize and love places like TRADER SAMS and Cpt Cooks, and Jock Lindsay's but there is no time to close a park and rush to Disney Springs and no incentive if it's only to end up eating burgers at Raglan Road... I realize not everyone is a Nightowl, but I CAN'T be the only one experiencing this. Everyone I ever go to WDW with leaves those parks hungry and in the mood for a nightcap. I know there are a few options but its scarce and time consuming in a way that seems deliberately discouraging.

Last edited:

Dutch Inn '76

Has anyone gone for weekend late-nightlife? I was eagerly waiting for The Edison for the entertainment and could care less to have another restaurant in Disney Springs that stops serving food at 10pm. To me, this has been the single greatest disappointment on my last 2 Disney trips. All of the great nightlife/restaurant options close pretty early. The Edison was supposed to be the solution to that, IMO - a place for adults, open late with a classy menu and entertainment. Even a Monorail crawl is out of the question unless MK is open late, which defeats the purpose since, that's the obvious nite to be in MK. I dont understand why all the resort restaurants surrounding the parks don't stay open after said park closes. For instance, in November when Epcot is regularly closing at 9P, the planner in me says, "Ok...to the Boardwalk resorts!" Only to find all the lounges and restaurants sans JELLYROLLS (which is highly over-rated and loses serious points for having a FRAT-PARTY-style drink menu IMO) all close a half hour after EPCOT does. With all the WORLD SHOWCASE traffic, doesnt it occur to WDW that those people could keep the night going and the $ flowing? That we'd want to sit down and eat after the long day maybe? By the time I get on the bus and head to Disney Springs, all the good restaurants are basically no longer serving full menu. I can probably count on one hand in years and years worth of Disney trips, how many times I HAVEN'T been hungry after the park closes. Why does Disney do this?
I realize and love places like TRADER SAMS and Cpt Cooks, and Jock Lindsay's but there is no time to close a park and rush to Disney Springs and no incentive if it's only to end up eating burgers at Raglan Road... I realize not everyone is a Nightowl, but I CAN'T be the only one experiencing this. Everyone I ever go to WDW with leaves those parks hungry and in the mood for a nightcap. I know there are a few options but its scarce and time consuming in a way that seems deliberately discouraging.

Agree absolutely. My brother and I were intending to make a late night of it at Trader Sam's a few months ago when the bartender says "LAST CALL!" It was early - we were bummed. We live a 1,500 miles apart and hardly ever see each other...

Oh, and yeah - The Edison needs a serious makeover. I did not expect The Adventurer's Club, but I did expect a cool bar. It ain't that.

HoraceHorizons

Agree absolutely. My brother and I were intending to make a late night of it at Trader Sam's a few months ago when the bartender says "LAST CALL!" It was early - we were bummed. We live a 1,500 miles apart and hardly ever see each other...

Oh, and yeah - The Edison needs a serious makeover. I did not expect The Adventurer's Club, but I did expect a cool bar. It ain't that.

Dont get me wrong... I still more than enjoy my WDW trips! This NO-LATE-NIGHT-OPTIONS has just always been a head-scratcher for me.

crxbrett

Yeah, it's the same over here in Anaheim, too. Most of the places close up at 10p, though sometimes they will stay pen til 11p or midnight on Fri and Sats in summer ans xmas time. Trader Sam's surprisingly stays open til 1:30am here on the west coast. Which is kind of nice. I was disappointed when I found out the one in the Poly closes at 12:30. It really should be open til at least 1:30!!!

I agree with you HoraceHorizons, it seems like Disney is missing out on a lot of money and sometimes does feel as if they are discouraging people to stay later. But maybe the restaurants don't feel like that potential extra money is worth keeping and paying staff later into the night? I feel like some spots in Disney Springs, DTD and some of the resort lounges should be open til at least 1 or even 2AM though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom