Has anyone stayed at Saratoga Springs Resort??

alilance

I'm staying at the Saratoga Springs this May for the first time and I'm super excited! Can anyone tell me a little more about this resort?? What are the rooms like, the restaurants, pool, etc.? How is the bus system at this resort? I would love any feedback!! Thanks in advance!!!:wave:

antman157

I stayed there on my Honeymoon... I was VERY happy with it.. They did update me to the moderate room... The room was VERY clean.. Had a jucuzzi tub and shower, living room and bedroom... view was nice too... looked just like an appartment... Only con I had was the bus service is kind of slow.. But Saratoga is right next to Downtown Disney so that was nice.. I am working on staying 1 time at all of the resorts... The pools are nice.. I dont really swim, but it had a large slide and its very clean... Saratoga has been my favorite so far... But thats my opinon..

Upvote 0
We stayed there February 8 - 11. We LOVED it. Here are a few pictures of our room. We had a reservation for a Studio but we received a comp upgrade to a one bedroom when we checked in.
DisneyCanonFeb08039.jpg

DisneyCanonFeb08036.jpg

DisneyCanonFeb08034.jpg

DisneyCanonFeb08032.jpg

CIMG5690.jpg

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

We stayed their in The Springs area it is the first bus stop, near the main pool, and close to the check in. We had a studio, which was nice, with a view to the east.

Upvote 0

JerseySkiddie

I liked it but its HUGE so theres 5 or so bus stops and its not always easy to get to the main building where the restaurants and big pool are.

I went to college in Saratoga Springs which is the main reason i wanted to give it a try. The theming is good and lots of the paintings and photographs are of actual Saratoga so that was nice for me.

The room was nice and we liked the counter service restaurant but its kinda small so i can't imagine what i must be like if its really busy. we actually wound up with a view across the water to down town disney and the west side. there was some sort of water skiing competition on the water there one day so they had fireworks at night which was a fun bonus. the pool looked pretty nice too, but we're commando girls so we didnt take the time to use it. sorry but we didn't try the table service

ive heard the spa here is best in property... which suits saratoga well since its famous for its medicinal spas. and its close to DTD and golf if those are something youre into.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay the only thing I'd consider is getting a car for that trip.

Have fun!!

Upvote 0

yankspy

I just came back from my first stay there a couple of weeks ago.I thought it was very nice. It is a bit spread out so I would try requesting a room close to the lobby if you plan on doing refillable mugs. I have heard that the buses were slow from a number of people but I must say that I did not experience this at all. It is possible that the buses were okay because it was not that busy when I was there. I would stay there again.:wave:

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

I wasn't really looking forward to staying at SSR on 3-11DEC05, it was our least desirable DVC resort, but all of our other plans fell through and we were "stuck" there. Once we got there we realized how wrong we were. We loved the rooms, pools, proximity to DTD, and we thought the buses were efficient. Hopefully this helps and enjoy your stay.

Upvote 0

fizzle75

We stayed at SSR in April of last year and really enjoyed it. I must admit that I wasn't looking forward to it, I am drawn more to the more elaborately themed resorts such as AKL,WL,Poly etc., and SSR just seemed like it was going to be very dull and boring. I am happy to report that my preconcieved notions were proven very wrong and we ended up really liking SSR. Now, don't get me wrong, it's far from my favorite resort but it is really, really nice and we would gladly stay there again...it just wouldn't be our first choice.

SSR's equestrian theme is carried out very well in the design and architecture. I was really bummed to find very few "Disney" references in the design but was glad that they at least have a neat little tribute to famous Disney horses in the lobby. We stayed in The Grandstand which was relatively close to the lobby. As others have mentioned, due to the resorts sprawling layout, the bus service can be pretty laborious at times.

Artist's Palette is a great counter service restaurant with some really fresh and unique dining options. We didn't get a chance to eat at The Turf Club but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

The main pool, High Rock Springs, is gorgeous as well as all of the other smaller pools.

Over all, SSR is a gorgeous resort from the rooms to the grounds but it just doesn't capture the "Disney Magic" like some of the other resorts. We will be staying there again in December and I'm really looking forward to going back.

Be sure to go by the DVC welcome center at SSR and book a DVC presentation, even if you're not interested, it's a great experience. If you do, be sure to ask for Paul Kuhn, he's awesome!:D

Upvote 0

disney21

This is my favorite resort... The pool , as others have mentioned, is great and so are the rooms. Our 2BR villa, was very roomy and comfortable... For the 10 days we were there my family had maybe 1 problem with the bus system. I can't honestly remember waiting long for a bus -ever. We stayed at The Springs and I would recomend it to everyone staying at SSR... It has the best bus stop location, closest to the pool and check-in...
*My family also had a great meal at The Turf Club on our last night!

Upvote 0

alilance

Original Poster
Thank you so much for you replys:wave:! Great pics Ohiodisnylover! Nice job!! Thanks again. Saratoga Springs seems like it will be a great place for my me and my husband!! Looking forward to it!:)

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Thank you so much for you replys:wave:! Great pics Ohiodisnylover! Nice job!! Thanks again. Saratoga Springs seems like it will be a great place for my me and my husband!! Looking forward to it!:)

Ill chime in as well.

For the most part no added info. It's large and spread out. You may want to use bell services to move your luggage around. Bus service can take some additional time, especially if you are on the last stop, but its not as if its THAT much longer.

Pool is excellent. Rooms are excellent, proximity to DTD is excellent.

The counter service can be a little crowded at peak times. But it was never more than a 10 minute wait or so in line. You may have to look around for a table during peak times as well.

The Turf Club is nice, as is the bar outside the Turf Club. The pool table in the Turf Club bar is not just decorative, ask at the bar and they will give you the equipment to play.

One other "bonus" if you want to call it that. SSR is the DVC "open house" If you ever wondered what a studio, 1 BR, 2 BR, or Grand Villa looks like, you can tour them in this resort. Ask at the desk for the hours they are open and what units they are showing and you can look at the rooms. If you are wondering if you may want to go with a 1BR next time, or just how FREAKING HUGE a grand villa is, now is your chance. They also have mock ups of the AKV rooms (well not the Grand Villa) available for viewing.

-dave

Upvote 0

rictusred

Saratoga Springs is our DVC home resort and we have stayed in the 1 and 2 bedroom condos as well as the grand villa. the staff there is really great and we always have fun setting up extra reservations with the concierge Rusty if he is there is awesome me and my wife think that guy is great and always super helpful to try and get you into anything you want to do while your there. the gym is nice but can get a little crowded and the food at the resort is top notch. try to stay in the carriage house with the downtown disney view really neat a little farther from the main pool but it is a 10min walk to DTD and you will be able to see the nightly fireworks from your room. bust transportation is really good have never waited more the 15mins for a bus.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

This is just a copy and paste of my contribution of the review section of the forum. Still feel the same way, it's a beautiful resort, the Disney theming is quite muted which would make it ideal for people who would like to stay on-property but can do without the constant reminder that they're in Disney, and I wish they were a few more food options and on-site entertainment options, to give it a more communal feel.

huge resort, low on theming/food options Review by: slappy magoo
Rating: 9/10 | Review posted: 6/14/2007 7:00:50 PM
Stayed at SSR in August of 05. We were in Congress Park, about a 10 minute walk to DTD. So I know this is a little dated, sorry. We stayed in a studio, close to a quiet pool, & were generally pleased with the room and view. Of course, being close to a walkway to DTD means being far away from most of what the resort has to offer. Walk to the main areas was just as long-if not longer!-than the walk to DTD. We bought refillable mugs, but didn't use them much besides meals because by the time you filled them and up and started walking back to your room, you finished your drink and were thirsty again! I know they've since turned Turf Bar into (more or less) a full service restaurant, albiet one with a small menu. Granted, you're close to DTD/PI and all the food options they offer, but it would be nice to see another food court or full-service eatery at the resort, I think it's big enough to warrant it. At least small snack bars by some of the quiet pools. Don't want to complain too much, as it really is very nice place to stay, especially if someone in your party isn't big on Disney theming - it is decidedly more muted here than in some other resorts. I only hope, when all construction is complete, they consider having events and amenities that'll make it seem more communal, so you'd be more inspired to do things while you're there, instead of just taking the boat over to DTD.

Upvote 0
SSR is my parents home resort for DVC. we stayed there for the first time in Dec 06 in the grand villa. it was AWESOME! we were right on the water so we had an incredible view of DtD, plus at night it was an easy walk over to pleasure island. we werent far from one of the quiet pools, which i like because they are... well... quiet. the food was good, altough we actually hired a grocery service and ate a lot of meals in the room, because the grand villa has a full kitchen and dining room. this summer when we go back, we are staying in a 2 bedroom, which are smaller than the 2 bedrooms we got when we stayed at OKW but they seem nice. im not a big horse person, but i understand thats the theme so whatever, its not like its a problem. all in all, im a fan of the place!

Upvote 0

mdjbenkert

SSR is our Home Resort as well!! We stayed there 12/24/06-1/1/07 and loved it. The rooms are very spacious...had a 1-bedroom villa. The grounds are beautiful, and the closeness to DTD is a plus. There is a food court, but can be very crowded during the day. The SPA is wonderful!! You will enjoy your stay.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom