Has anyone spent 2 weeks at WDW?

YankeeMouse

We take shorter trips often as AP holders in Chicago. One year my husband asked how many actual days we had spent in the parks and it was 31. So we basically spent a month in the world. That was a fun fact.

SpiteriFam

We’re going for two weeks this August. Coming from the U.K. we felt this was the most sensible option.

We’re planning on mixing in plenty of downtime at AKL and visiting a few other resorts/areas. Our kids love bikes and mini golf so it will hopefully provide a nice balance with the parks.

I am Timmy

I have health issues (that cause low energy) so all of our trips to Orlando are 3 weeks or longer. The last 2 weeks are always DW. We used to go many places - beach, Nasa, Seaworld, Discovery Cove, etc. Now we wing the first part, go to universal for a week, and then DW. It does sort of start to feel like we moved there towards the end, lol. Also, since we run a lot, we don't want to have to drive. It's funny when I get home and think, "oh yeah, I have a car, and I drive places."

bullyx3

We don't go every year but when we do it's 2weeks and everyday is a park day. Can't get enough .Its not a real vacation unless you can forget what day of the week it is .Are best year was 2013 15 nights in may- june then another 12 nights arriving Christmas day. 27 nights at POR in just over 7 months the best.

KenHutch

Four previous trips, 10 days, 10 days, 12 days, 12 days and for #5 11 days (had to go down the girls got me up upgrade from moderate to deluxe)

Minnesota disney fan

Great thread OP :) I love reading about what everyone does to fill their extended vacations.
For my husband and I, our longest time has been 11 days, but l and a half days are for travel, so 9 1/2 days at WDW. We always have to factor in the travel. We fly and get to WDW about noon first day, but leave early on our last day.
We go slower and enjoy it more with more days. No rushing around to get to an attraction. We don't do many ADR's at all, just eat when and where we want. We love doing WDW like that!

scarr13311

Does anyone take, or has anyone taken a 2 week vacation and dedicated it solely to WDW. We just got back from a 7 day vacation, which was probably our longest trip with the entire family, but when we got back my sister and I were talking about how nice it would be to have TWO weeks there. Of course, I don't know if that would be possible financially or realistically for us. But it sure would be nice to be able to totally relax the first week and take the parks completely at your own pace without having to worry about packing things in to get everything done. Especially with the our huge family vacation (there were 19 of us this time!).

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has taken a 2 week vacation, and dedicated it solely to WDW?

When my sister and I go down to Disney (just Disney) we always do 2 weeks. We always take one or two days off to just rest and relax at the resort, and spend the day at Disney Springs in between visiting the parks. Usually stay at the Pop Century since the cost is less than the other resorts.

jimbojones

I love WDW in 3-6 day doses, but life is short, vacation time and money are limited and there is so much else in the (real) world to see and do! 2 weeks at Disney would easily be a $10k+ trip.

Also after 7 days I am am 100% done with crowds, standing in lines, and eating theme park food. Even if time and money were not constraints. 7 days is my absolute limit for having a good time at Disney. Day 5 is when the pixie dust starts to wear a bit thin for me and by the end of day 6 I am craving a little bit of real world magic. During a 7 day trip all I wanted to do on day 7 was get out as fast as possible. I could do 2 weeks if someone else paid the bill and it didn't take away time to travel to other places, but I am sure I would be bored of all the synthetic experiences and worn out from crowds nonetheless. At any non theme park destination I think 2 weeks is a minimum to really get to know a place.

Davkind76

our updated *NOW* 2 week trip to WDW:

Day 1: Travel/Disney Springs
Day 2: Epcot (Biergarten)
Day 3: MK *Early Morning Magic* (Crystal Palace)
Day 4: HS (HVine Fantastic package)
Day 5: MK (Cindy Castle + Liberty Tavern) (Dessert party MK)
Day 6: Typhoon Lagoon + 'Ohana Dinner
Day 7: Epcot (Akerhouse)
Day 8: EMM at MK then AK (Tusker House)
Day 9: HS (Sci-Fi + 50's Prime) (Dessert Party SW)
Day 10: Halloween Party in evening (Chef Mickey's lunch)
Day 11: AK (Boma)
Day 12: Epcot (opening day of Food + Wine)
Day 13: DHS a.m. + Halloween Party p.m. (Be Our Guest)
Day 14: Sleep in then Travel

may seem like a lot but we roll at a relaxed pace because we have so many days. MANY afternoons at pool/Nap and some late mornings and early evenings.

opted to stay at Pop Century w/ free dining and use the extra $ (instead of staying deluxe) to do ALOT of extras (2 Halloween, 2 EMM, 2 Dessert parties, DS shopping etc)

Librartist

Does anyone take, or has anyone taken a 2 week vacation and dedicated it solely to WDW. We just got back from a 7 day vacation, which was probably our longest trip with the entire family, but when we got back my sister and I were talking about how nice it would be to have TWO weeks there. Of course, I don't know if that would be possible financially or realistically for us. But it sure would be nice to be able to totally relax the first week and take the parks completely at your own pace without having to worry about packing things in to get everything done. Especially with the our huge family vacation (there were 19 of us this time!).

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has taken a 2 week vacation, and dedicated it solely to WDW?
I think it could be done if you take some days in between to take # 528 and go to the beach. The parks can be overwhelming and you need a break from th.

higgipoker

We went for 2 weeks in 2017, and going back for another 2 this summer :) Similar itinerary both years, with a few restaurant switches to try something new. We are basically flat out the whole time, either at/heading to an attraction or feeding ourselves :)

Here's how 2017 panned out:

Day 1: Arrival. Dinner in hotel restaurant (Boatwrights, Riverside).
Day 2: Magic Kingdom. Lunch Pinocchio Haus. Dinner Pecos Bill.
Day 3: Epcot. Lunch Lotus Blossom. Dinner Be Our Guest (monorail over to MK).
Day 4: Hollywood: Lunch Pizza Rizzo. Dinner 50's Prime Time.
Day 5: Typhoon Lagoon. Lunch Leaning Palms. Dinner Victoria & Albert's.
Day 6: Universal - only non Disney day! :p
Day 7: Animal Kingdom. Lunch Restaurantosaurus. Dinner Sanaa.
Day 8: Had planned Laundry/Blizzard Beach, but didn't fancy another water park so ended up doing a Springs/MK day instead. Lunch Earl Of Sandwich. Dinner Trail's End.
Day 9: Hollywood & Animal Kingdom. Lunch Pizzafari. Dinner Sci-fi Dine In.
Day 10: Epcot & Magic Kingdom. Lunch World Showcase. Dinner Skipper Canteen.
Day 11: Magic Kingdom & Epcot. Lunch Gaston's Tavern. Dinner Coral Reef.
Day 12: Springs / Boardwalk. Lunch Raglan Road. Dinner Beaches & Cream.
Day 13: Magic Kingdom / Hollywood. Lunch ABC Commissary. Dinner Beaches & Cream ;)
Day 14: Springs / AMC Theater (new Pirates movie). Lunch McKenna Bakery. Dinner Wolfgang Puck Express.
Day 15: Springs shopping for presents. Dinner T Rex. Depart :(

The Tuna

Just got back from 2 weeks and went to the parks every day. 1 day at Universal and 10 at the parks. Can't purchase a larger ticket package unfortunately. I would go for three weeks if i could afford it. Food prices were insane staying on site but even after 11 full days of being in the parks it never feels satisfying. I always want more and never feel like it is time to leave.

We are looking at staying offsite next time or renting DVC but there are so many pros and cons to both I cant get my head wrapped around it. Bonnett Creek is one option, Disney Springs hotels or swan and dolphin are others. House rental perhaps. DVC was great because we could get groceries and cook but the cost per point has risen significantly over the past few years.

Bronson55

Longest stay was 20 days in 2002 at POFQ. It was wonderful. After awhile we forgot that we didn't live there. So very relaxing not constantly racing to a pre planned event. That was before dining and fast pass planning months in advance. Prices were affordable as well. More recently we average a 10 day stay although we are doing a 14 day again this September. We could never get by with a 4 day trip. The shortest trip we ever did at WDW was 6 days and I think we felt so bummed . The trip was over almost as soon as we unpacked. Best part of a longer stay is the ability to plug in a couple of down days to relax at the pool or to allow for a bad weather day .

mergatroid

Usually do 3 weeks a visit with an annual pass that covers 2 trips (Oct 2017 & Sep 2018 as an example). During the 21 days stay we probably visit a Disney park on around 16 of those days. Having the AP however allows us to sometimes maybe visit just for the fireworks and an ice cream without feeling we've wasted a 1 day of a 4 day pass for example (which we'd never do in those circumstances). We also spend time at Universal but tend to do 1 full day there and then about 3-4 nights there for Halloween Horror Nights. To be honest I've not spent more than 7 hours at a Disney park in over a decade on one particular day but this is solely down to having a 3 week period to enjoy it and finding in my late 40's and with a health condition I get tired with all the walking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom