Has anyone seen this yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tissandtully

Yet wife-beaters, alcoholics, drunk-drivers, murderers, etc.. are allowed to enter without being checked. I'm not defending sex offenders, but I do know that some people are labeled sex offenders with a broad brush, ie... someone who was urinating in public or an 18 year old was caught with a 17 year old. Some laws need to change. I do however think it's interesting that Disney is doing this, I guess that's why they want your IDs when you get tickets aside from checking for residency.

Bparso87

The thing I don't get is why did they sale him a season pass they could run everyone's name if they but a season pass but he spends 500 dollars then they say he can't go in. I am glad they do it but do t single out just sex offenders.

PeterAlt

Here's a scary thought for you, with all the NextGen investments, combine all that technology with hidden cameras every where and facial recognition software, like that which is already in use in Los Vegas and the UK...

The good side of this is that known terrorists will be caught. The bad side is anyone can be labeled as anything and detained at the will of anyone with access to this technology and we've become one step closer to a totalitarian police state...

Reactions: HMF

The Empress Lilly

Fantastic story. Props to Disney. Keep predators out.

Of the records obtained by Eyewitness News, most of the warnings were issued to people convicted of crimes involving children.

Some, like Jason Dennis Adams and Jesse Alan Kennedy, are classified by the state as predators.

Adams was removed from Epcot on Dec. 24. Kennedy was removed from Disney’s Hollywood Studios on March 7.

"Who are the main patrons? Families with children," said one Disney guest Heath interviewed about the sex offenders being trespassed. "As a parent, I wouldn't want a sex offender near my kids. No way.”

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I wonder if there has have been a child abduction from Disney property.

I am positive there have been attempts. Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

At CEC we had Kid Check, and it happened all the time. Mostly with divorced parents...where the parent without custody would be invited to a birthday party and then attempt to leave with child.

Jim Chandler

Yet wife-beaters, alcoholics, drunk-drivers, murderers, etc.. are allowed to enter without being checked. I'm not defending sex offenders, but I do know that some people are labeled sex offenders with a broad brush, ie... someone who was urinating in public or an 18 year old was caught with a 17 year old. Some laws need to change. I do however think it's interesting that Disney is doing this, I guess that's why they want your IDs when you get tickets aside from checking for residency.
I think this is a great thing they are doing. Sex offenders must be stopped before they hurt another child. Yes others with some sort of criminal record may be allowed in but IMHO sex offenders running around with children every where is not a good thing. It is why they can not live near a school. I do agree that some of the sex offenders should not be labeled as such. The 18 yr old who got the labeled because some Dad was ed his daughter was with a guy is not a sex offender.

StarWarsGirl

As a young female, it makes me feel safer knowing that Disney is background checking these people. Also wouldn't be surprised if Disney gave them the money back on their passes, though the article doesn't say, so we can only speculate. If you do something stupid that involves the violation of another person, child or adult, then you don't deserve to be in the parks IMO. They have to be safe for the majority of their guests, and even if the person learned a lesson, it's still better not to take the risk. Like the legal analyst said in the article, Disney, as a private company, has the responsibility to provide a safe enviornment for all of its guests. These people wouldn't be allowed into schools, so why should they be allowed in someplace that is clearly designed largely for kids?

Also, Disney won't release specifics on their security procedures, so while they are obviously removing sex offenders, they could also be removing other criminals if they see fit, but we just don't know.

Honestly, I feel safer at Disney than I feel at school or even at home. I'd like to keep it that way.

Jakester

I feel this is acceptable for repeat offenders, it's like telling a Homosexual he can't be with his partner because its unright.

Jim Chandler

As for overall safety I have a nephew who was a uniformed security officer at WDW. He never said exactly what they do for safety but I got the hint that they are watching you and everyone else in the parks. They are also everywhere in the parks and not uniformed.

luv

We all need to watch and protect the children in our charge and stop worrying about trying to ban people with the "sexual offender" label.

PLENTY of sickos out there who have not been labeled as sexual offenders.

Some guys who were labeled as "sexual offenders" are good, honest, decent people from whom nobody has anything to fear.

We need to think about things before having wild, emotional reactions.

luv

As for overall safety I have a nephew who was a uniformed security officer at WDW. He never said exactly what they do for safety but I got the hint that they are watching you and everyone else in the parks. They are also everywhere in the parks and not uniformed.
They do have security dressed like tourists, but they aren't everywhere.

We all need to be responsible for the children in our charge.

Jim Chandler

We all need to watch and protect the children in our charge and stop worrying about trying to ban people with the "sexual offender" label.

PLENTY of sickos out there who have not been labeled as sexual offenders.
Some guys who were labeled as "sexual offenders" are good, honest, decent people from whom nobody has anything to fear.
We need to think about things before having wild, emotional reactions.

Very true but I have a questions Please tell me which ones are good, honest decent people? How do you know by looking at some one? There are many who have been teachers, counselors, police officers, etc.. who are known as good, honest, decent people who were not?
So yes parents need to be vigilant but would you let a know sex offender into your business that caters to children?
Would you take the risk? I do not think this is wild or emotional either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom