Has anyone read the Kingdom Keepers?

ToyStoryMiss

Original Poster
Hello! :happy:
I am currently reading the Kingdom Keepers series, (on the 4th book!) and I wanted to know..has anyone else read the series? It's a good adventure series, and it's based in Disney (BONUS), plus it features some good ol' Disney Characters. i.e. The Overtakers (Disney Villains), and some of the good guys (and gals) come along in the 4th book.
Frollo's debut is in the one I'm reading... *shiver*

Let me know if you've read it!:joyfull:

KDiS88

I've read em! I'm waiting for my sister to read the 5th one so I can read it. I like them. I had to read em since they take place in Disney!!

MRGEFF

Hello! :happy:
I am currently reading the Kingdom Keepers series, (on the 4th book!) and I wanted to know..has anyone else read the series? It's a good adventure series, and it's based in Disney (BONUS), plus it features some good ol' Disney Characters. i.e. The Overtakers (Disney Villains), and some of the good guys (and gals) come along in the 4th book.
Frollo's debut is in the one I'm reading... *shiver*

Let me know if you've read it!:joyfull:

Yes, I have read it. I have read all 6 books & looking forward to volume 7 next Spring. All the books, including the 4th book you refer to are excellent reads. The action never stops ! I have always enjoyed the use of various Disney characters (including lots of villains ! ) & familiar locations around WDW and the Cruise Line.

bgraham34

I read the first two. I loved the first one but lost interest in the second one. In some cases I felt like someone else began to write the books after the first one.

rufio

I tried really hard to read the first one but it was just too juvenile - this coming from someone who enjoys a good YA. Maybe I'll try again soon.

nick-pappageorgio

I read the first one...it was okay to good...decent writing and a somewhat intriguing concept (to a fan at least). It seems like in the second book the writing went downhill. The writing just got so painfully bad, (especially the dialogue) that I just had to quit. Seems like it they would be okay for elementary and maybe middle school but anyone older might struggle unless you can get past the writing.

Disvillain63

I read all 6 this summer, because I wanted use them with my 2nd graders...now I'm teaching 3rd grade reading, so I'll use the books with them. I enjoyed them, but I'm used to reading at the 2nd and 3rd grade level.

Beholder

About 2nd grade.

2nd grade? That's a deal breaker. I love books, love fantasy and figured Kingdom Keepers might be worth looking into. But seeing Wheel of Time and Game Of Thrones are my areas of interest, 2nd grade stuff just isn't going to happen. But hey, make it a great movie and I'm there!

NiarrNDisney

Yes I have read all of the books and though it is probably meant more for preteens I actually found it to be interesting especially the great detail that Ridley put into the series.

JIMINYCR

Completed the first one... I was uhhhhhh maybe I'll give the second one a shot. Started it and after a while I put it down and wasn't enthralled enough to pick it back up again. So there it sit's in my book case, with a book mark on the last page I read, forever holding that place.

rufio

2nd grade? That's a deal breaker. I love books, love fantasy and figured Kingdom Keepers might be worth looking into. But seeing Wheel of Time and Game Of Thrones are my areas of interest, 2nd grade stuff just isn't going to happen. But hey, make it a great movie and I'm there!

That's how I felt about it, but I'm not as hardcore as you. I got through WoT book 3 in high school and never took it any further.

danzkat

My DD (11), DS (9), and I are currently reading the Kingdom Keepers Series. We love it! For me it is a break from research and all the studying I have been doing the past few years while completing my degrees. Reading this series is a nice escape from reality.:happy:

FigmentJedi

Never read them, mostly because a lot of it sounds unappealing from the Disney Channel-esque choice of Teenagers for the main characters and subsequently Disney characters taking a backseat to them, to the magic holograms, and especially the dehumanization of parks-exclusive characters like the Country Bears and Small World dolls only being animatronic slaves of the holovillains and Disco Yeti being holo-Chernabog's Avatar.

You can do much better with the Disney parks as a setting.

Magenta Panther

I struggled through the first one, Disney After Dark, and I'm afraid I have to say that I didn't like it at all.

SPOILERS

I find the whole hologram gimmick cheesy and difficult to believe. And I don't think the books have any kind of enchantment or magic or, really, Disney in them. I found the characters dull, too. Just my opinion.

AintNoOtherMan

My sister read them, and I'd love to. I'm always reading other books for my English class though. She really likes them from what she says about them.

I'll probably never get to them... I highly doubt they're on the reading list for high school honors English classes xD

Disvillain63

About 2nd grade.
Most 2nd and 3rd graders can listen to them, but not read them very fluidly. They're leveled for 5th-9th grade, but probably more towards 5th grade for independent reading and comprehension. Their lexile and AR levels are about early 4th grade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom