Has anyone here had a problem with shipping from resort?

swrtrr

Original Poster
Just curious if anyone here has ever had a problem getting their merchandise shipped home from one of the resorts? We took all of our souvenirs down and had them shipped from Pop Century last Thursday, and when I called Disney today I was told that they had just been picked up by UPS, and there was no tracking number for it. When we had it shipped we were told that it would most likely be delivered within about 7 days, and on the phone today, I was told that it probably be another 8 to 10 days. Just wondering if anyone else has had this type experience. I have a little over $400.00 worth of merchandise out there somewhere.:confused:

Will post our trip report shortly...............

Disneybird

I have had items shipped from the resorts and Downtown Disney a few times, with never a problem. I paid shipping but no tax.

Hopefully your package with arrive soon.

jamie666

Just curious if anyone here has ever had a problem getting their merchandise shipped home from one of the resorts? We took all of our souvenirs down and had them shipped from Pop Century last Thursday, and when I called Disney today I was told that they had just been picked up by UPS, and there was no tracking number for it. When we had it shipped we were told that it would most likely be delivered within about 7 days, and on the phone today, I was told that it probably be another 8 to 10 days. Just wondering if anyone else has had this type experience. I have a little over $400.00 worth of merchandise out there somewhere.:confused:

Will post our trip report shortly...............
I hope you insured your items! also UPS always provides tracking numbers, i deal with them everyday

Iknewagirlnamed

I have never had a problem with them so far. I have dealt with them twice. Once with shipping items from World Of Disney NYC and then from All Star Sports. Both times they arrived either before or the day of the alloted shipping time.

maryszhi

my family and i have done it quite a few times with no problems. we especially like it so we dont have to stuff suitecases, espec. with all the new rules and stuff. i am sure wdw will be shipping alot more packages then useual. if you have something fragil, and dont feel like packing it, make sure you have it protected in bubble wrap, or ask the cm that you are shipping it and that you want to make sure that it will be safe. also you can save money by doing a mass shipping, like instead of shipping every time you purchase something, wait until you are 100% thats it. gather all the stuff head to the lobby of your resort, package it, then ship it. and if the chance you buy a few things after you ship( this always seems to happen with us) pack everything first, and then find room.
hope this helps

Mikester71

I work at the UPS Store up here in my city in Canada and just wanted to let you know that there is ALWAYS a tracking number. It is a 25 digit number, usually with a few letters thrown in it, and can be used by going to the UPS site and putting it in where it says tracking a package. We can ship stuff from our store up here and get it down to Florida within the week usually, and that is having to go through customs at the border and all that. So it shouldn't take that long hopefully for you.

MinnieLee

I had three boxes sent home over two weeks ago. Yesterday I finally received the ones from the Christmas store and the Festival Welcome center. Those purchases were from 5/13. I should have one more box coming with the Mickey gnomes. The gnomes were out of stock the entire week and finally came in on on our last day (5/17). No way I was getting them on the plane. It seems it did take a really long time but they will get there. It's nice to come home from work and find a Disney box at the door! :)

BrennaRN

Me and my mom shipped our packages from the Boardwalk when we left. They stated our package wouldn't go out until Monday and would take 7-10 business days. Hopefully we won't encounter any problems. I hope everything works out alright for your package.

Minnesota

we have done it our last 3 trips and loved it. This last time it took a little longer but it was right around xmas. The other times the boxes beat us home. We did have tracking numbers also. If I remember correctly the stuff I shipped from the stores directly came first versus the stuff I shipped and boxed myself from the hotel. I'll never do that again, kind of a hassel. Now I just buy it and send it directly home. Kind of like a little treat when I get home and open all the boxes.

sweetpee_1993

With the exception of ornaments from the Christmas store at DTD, we make it a point to ship our treasures home the day before leaving. We do NOT ship from the stores as a general rule because it costs so much. We load everything into big bags and haul them to the nearest resort with a convention center/business services. If you go to the business services desk (we've done it twice from the Contemporary) they will ship via FedEx insured with tracking and for ground service it's pretty inexpensive. We shipped a biiiig box, took 5 days to arrive, and cost us less than $15. Even with the cab ride to the Contemporary which cost $12 it was still cheaper than if we'd shipped from the stores we made our purchases from or paid the extra baggage fees. Plus, I used to do a loooot of package shipping of very expensive equipment and we always used FedEx. FedEx has been very reliable for me. I've had more stuff lost or damaged via UPS & USPS combined.

juscet

Worked for Me

I just had a framed print shipped to my house from POR and it arrived without any problems. You will just have to pay extra for shipping, but with all the new airline rules it is probably the best alternative.

bgraham34

I have not shipped anything in several years but I never had a problem. I just remember that I had to wait several days before it was shipped home.

Green Lantern

I've never had any troubles shipping from the resort. I ship a lot home, and everything is always fine. It might take some time, but it's nice to get a package from Disney while you are home going through withdrawl, you know?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom