has anyone gone to WDW in the past 6 months to a year and come back with covid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjlc57

Original Poster
right now.. there is ONLY one reason we have not gone to WDW.. COVID plain and simple.. i am 66 and my wife is going to be 68.. and We just can't afford to get it.. so has any one from here gone and then gotten sick as soon as they got back? either from the parks , hotel or the plane trips ? i would like some hard honest answers.. and if this is poor post.. where else can I get this advice from some one who has gone . We have a ton of people here.. this seems to be the place to ask..

NickMaio

S
right now.. there is ONLY one reason we have not gone to WDW.. COVID plain and simple.. i am 66 and my wife is going to be 68.. and We just can't afford to get it.. so has any one from here gone and then gotten sick as soon as they got back? either from the parks , hotel or the plane trips ? i would like some hard honest answers.. and if this is poor post.. where else can I get this advice from some one who has gone . We have a ton of people here.. this seems to be the place to ask..
Spent 3 weeks going to many very busy parks.
No covid, or any sickness at all.

My kindergarten guy got sick in 4 days at school on our return

Not covid.

allgiggles

Our extended family went for 8 days in June (total of 11 people, 4 family "units"). Our one son (adult) started to feel sick on day 7 of the trip (thought it was allergies) and tested positive on the drive home from Disney. He was the only one. Ironically, he and his husband were the most cautious out of all of us. They wore masks whenever they were in crowded areas (whether indoors or outdoors); they were constantly using hand sanitizer or washing their hands; and while they would normally fly to Disney, they chose to drive on this trip to try and keep themselves healthier. Our son was the only one to get sick despite us all being together for hours every day and we were all in one hotel room for about 2 hours less than 48 hours before he started showing symptoms. And his husband never got sick. He said even though he got sick, he's not sorry he went -- no way to know if he actually picked it up at Disney or was exposed before he even left home.

mf1972

we went for a 10 day trip in november. we brought masks with us, but the first couple of days were warm & humid so we didn’t even bother wearing them. the both of us did get a 2nd booster shot in october. no issues after coming back.

StarWarsGirl

The one and only time I got COVID was at WDW... ironically I'd been once in 2020 and didn't get it, four times in 2021 and didn't get it, and February 2022 when I was finally fully vaccinated...I picked it up. I was the only one in my group who picked it up.

I've since gone to Hawaii, WDW again, and South Carolina and haven't gotten sick with anything, much less COVID.

My cousin is an ER nurse and said they're mostly seeing other illnesses right now. Flu is the big one, mostly in people who aren't vaccinated. My grandma also had COVID last summer and it was very mild.

So unless you can't get vaccinated...get the vaccine and move on with your lives would be my advice.

RememberWhen

I went in July with my mother and two of my kids. We make as much as possible, but it was very hot. 3 days after getting back I tested positive. Kids and my mom never tested positive.

Then my wife and I took the three kids in august. She tested positive as soon as we got home. Again kids were negative.

Chef Mickey

You can get Covid (or any other virus) in any place there are people. More people, more risk.

Covid is likely no more dangerous at this point than other viruses, including flu and unnamed others, particularly if you're not in a risk group. You are older, but not overly. Make your own personal choice. Get vaxxed, get a flu shot, wear a mask, stay home, etc. It's your choice, but you're around people at home too.

I got Covid twice and was barely sick, but both times I got it at family functions. I was at Disney 45 days in 2020 and never got it.

KrzyKtty

We went for 2 weeks during the height of Omnicron back in June, and came home without it. But honestly that is probably only because we ended up catching it about a month before we left.

I remember quite a few posts back then with people coming back with it. But like others have said their symptoms were not severe.

I will say both of my parents have it right now simply from going to church. My dad is fully vaccinated with 2 boosters and my mom is fully vaccinated with one booster, and they both still got it. Their symptoms are pretty mild and comparable to a standard upper respiratory infection.

But only you know what your bodies can handle. Honestly if you're will have complications from getting at, then you might need to seriously consider not going. I don't see how going to Disney world would it be a major risk.

wdwshelby

I went last March with extended family. There were 8 of us and only my husband came home with it. Tested positive after we got home.

NelleBelle

We went in July. Both my and I are T1-diabetics and wore N95 masks in the airport and plane from the west coast. Could not get my 2 teen sons or DH to wear one. Our trip was 10 days. Within the first few days, DH started to not feel so good )sore throat, cough, fever, aching, fatigue). He ended up missing a huge chunk of the trip. Next was my youngest DS to not feel so good. He missed 3 days. Then my oldest—he missed 2 days. Both my mom and I started with the same sumlts but she sounded horrid due to having congestive heart failure and having a baseline cough at times. It was not the best trip. We all tested positive for COVID, despite being vaccinated and boosted. Was it the plane? The parks? Somewhere at home or in between? Who knows! But it was rotten timing as I had to get on a plane a move to Hawaii 3 days after we got home.

In Spring of 2021 I went when masks were required indoors and in queues and didn’t contract anything.

Like others have mentioned, some get it really bad, others test positive with no symptoms. My DH had it the worst, my oldest DS the least. I was somewhere in the middle. I think you have to judge what’s best for you. For our family, even though some of us fall into the high risk category, we’ve decided that we can’t keep ourselves in a bubble. This virus is not going anywhere and like others COVID strains before it (eg the “cold”) you take precautions to avoid it.

Clamman73

I was there the week before Thanksgiving. I then got something at the start of Thankgiving week-it was a bad cough with some fever but nothing else, and tested negative for covid. It might have been the RSV thing, I had’t been sick since beginning of 2020 and have never had covid. *knock on wood
There were a lot of kids coughing while I was there.

James J

In the Parks
No
Last May my wife had symptoms on our last day at WDW, and tested positive once we'd returned home. I was then suffering within a couple of days too, and tested very positive for a good two weeks after.

JIMINYCR

If you are so concerned about Covid because of age or health being compromised then you would be advised to put off any trip that puts you in contact with large groupings of people. Covid is still passing around and it can still be caught anywhere, large or small spots. Any venue that has large numbers is increasing the risk of getting it. Disney isnt any different than any other vacation spot that brings in people from all over that may carry Covid. More people are traveling due to being vacced and boostered which makes them feel safer but it’s no guarantee.

Disstevefan1

You know how to get COVID today? Answer: leave your home.

It's everywhere.

Everyone will get it.

Some folks will have no symptoms, some will get mildly sick, some will get very sick, some will die.

Having said that, (In my opinion) the variant that is out there now (seems to be) less harmful?

To try to keep yourself from getting is as the same as day 1 of the pandemic; always self-aware of what you are touching, wash your hands frequently, keep hand sanitizer with you, bring you own Lysol, and yes, use masks.

There is one more variable. Click here

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You know how to get COVID today? Answer: leave your home.

It's everywhere.

Everyone will get it.

Some folks will have no symptoms, some will get mildly sick, some will get very sick, some will die.

Having said that, (In my opinion) the variant that is out there now (seems to be) less harmful?

To try to keep yourself from getting is the same as day 1 of the pandemic; always be self away of what you are touching, wash your hands frequently, keep hand sanitizer with you, bring you own Lysol, and yes, use masks.

There is one more variable. Click here
Probably at least 85% of the US has already had it…most multiple times…whether known or not. It’s just numbers

Smiley/OCD

Was there December 9-15…no masks…no covid

ETA: I have MS and the medication I’m on leaves me
“Immunocompromised”. We were urged to get the vaccine first. I had both shots and the booster. Had my antibodies tested twice and I have ZERO antibodies, like I NEVER had the vaccine.
I take vitamins, go to church every week and go to football games…I have no quality of life due to my disease and I’ll be damned if I’m going to add insult to injury by becoming a hermit in my own house.
It’s here, it’s not going anywhere and hopefully every variant will leave it a little less lethal.
Have I had it? Maybe…never tested…if you feel confident and comfortable, go…if you are concerned, stay home. You’re just as likely to get it at the supermarket than at Disney

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom