Has anyone ever requested the "best seats" on Flight of Passage?

jaklgreen

How do you think the turnover works in other countries where the flight attendants are replaced when they turn 30? It isn't a bad thing, the flight attendants know going into the job that it is only temporary for X number of years at most. No different from many jobs in the US where you know it is only for a certain amount of time. Your problem is you are assuming that employees have a right to a jobs with an employers, no one has a right to a job, having a job should always be viewed as a privilege. When employee start thinking they have a right to a job, that is when you start getting bad attitudes and poor performance.

I don't think that I have a right to any job, you are just assuming that, from what, I don't know. What I am saying is that firing people, for no valid reason, is stupid. That would mean that the employer just assumes that someone is "burnt out" on their job and is not longer doing a good job. If you keep your employees happy and don't treat them like dirt, you would be amazed at how many happy, experienced employees you would have. It is not in any employers best interest to fire a productive employee on some stupid theory about turnover. And they USED to fire flight attendants because they wanted a young, pretty lady to "host" the business men. The fact that you think that is OK, shows a lot about you. Flight attendants are not there for your entertainment, they are there to keep us safe. I am shocked that you think just randomly firing someone and destroying their means of supporting their families is somehow a good thing.

thomas998

I don't think that I have a right to any job, you are just assuming that, from what, I don't know. What I am saying is that firing people, for no valid reason, is stupid. That would mean that the employer just assumes that someone is "burnt out" on their job and is not longer doing a good job. If you keep your employees happy and don't treat them like dirt, you would be amazed at how many happy, experienced employees you would have. It is not in any employers best interest to fire a productive employee on some stupid theory about turnover. And they USED to fire flight attendants because they wanted a young, pretty lady to "host" the business men. The fact that you think that is OK, shows a lot about you. Flight attendants are not there for your entertainment, they are there to keep us safe. I am shocked that you think just randomly firing someone and destroying their means of supporting their families is somehow a good thing.
The reality is flight attendants aren't going to save you if the plane crashes. In a real crash they will likely be just as dead or disoriented as every passenger.

And you have continually missed what I said, I am not talking about firing flight attendants at a certain age, I'm talking about employing them for a specified time and then not renewing their contract... Pretty much the way most professional athletes are used and let go well before they are of retirement age. Hiring someone for 5 years or 10 years with the understanding that you will not renew their contract at the end of the time isn't any new idea it has been done for a long time in many different industries.

thomas998

I have. And while I grant you that there are definitely some miserable people there, I also see a lot of families and groups having a great time.
You also tend to see lots of happy people when the gates have first opened up, it is really only as the day drags on that people start losing their joy as the fatigue starts to set in.... But really even in long lines as long as it is in the morning you tend to find happy people.

NormC

welcome-bunnyus_725x700.png

JillC LI

I have. And while I grant you that there are definitely some miserable people there, I also see a lot of families and groups having a great time.
A few years ago our family was in Disneyland Paris for one day. It was 101 degrees. I was in a snack place getting a cold drink and and a CM asked me how I was managing in the heat. I answered with a huge smile that I was having a wonderful day because I was in Disney. I didn't care how hot or uncomfortable it was because I was having fun with my family. I'll bet there are more guests like me than not.

JusticeDisney

A few years ago our family was in Disneyland Paris for one day. It was 101 degrees. I was in a snack place getting a cold drink and and a CM asked me how I was managing in the heat. I answered with a huge smile that I was having a wonderful day because I was in Disney. I didn't care how hot or uncomfortable it was because I was having fun with my family. I'll bet there are more guests like me than not.
Great post!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom