Has anyone ever had any luck with Lost and Found at the resorts?

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
We got back from Bay Lake Tower last month and (we think) my sister left her camera at the hotel. She didn't realize it until she actually unpacked her stuff this past weekend (yes, I've questioned why she waited over a month to unpack. She had no logical explaination.) I called lost and found this morning and had to leave a message so I am waiting for them to call me back. Has anyone ever actually had luck with lost and found and getting something of value back? Our MNSSHP pictures are on there and I am absolutely devastated that we lost them since we will not be going back to MNNSSHP anytime in the near future and we had some great photos on there :(

75disney

Not at the resorts but I did lose my camera at HS one day. I realized it within an hour though and went straight to Guest Relations to get it back. In those days, the cameras used film. When I got it developed, there was a picture of 4 CMs acting silly and holding a sign that said, "We found your camera". Very cute.

I don't know how long Disney holds onto stuff though. Good luck! I hope you get the camera back!

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
I walked away from our camcorder for a minute during our first trip at MK, and it was gone when I came back. We kept checking with the lost and found at MK, but after 2 days it hadn't turned up. Apparently someone had picked it up and turned it in to a CM, because I received a call on our last day from a CM working at CRT stating that she had it. (My wife had thankfully put a card with my name, address and number in all of our bags)

The CM asked me to meet her at the castle where she would return it to me (apparently against Disney policy). Unfortunately, by this time we were out of park tickets, so I couldn't get into the park. When I told the CM at the front gate, they sent someone to get it - and I'm pretty sure the CM who found our camera got into some kind of trouble for not turning it in to lost and found, in which case we likely would have gotten it back sooner. Either way I didn't care - I was just happy we got all those videos of our first trip back!

Hope you find it!

rob45

My daughter lost her drivers license one trip. She reported it asap to lost and found at FW. She needed it for her flight home from Orlando. The day before her flight, she got a phone call from FW front desk saying that a guest turned in her drivers license to lost and found dept and she could come by and pick it up at the front desk.

However, my niece lost her cell phone, she reported it, and it was never returned.

Last edited:

Lucky

It's not always easy to track things down because sometimes items are sent promptly to the central L&F and sometimes they're not. But we've been able to get things back eventually, when they get turned in. One fairly expensive item that my wife left in an Epcot restroom never made it to GR or L&F. Another guest must have found it and kept it.

But I would much rather lose something at WDW than on the subway I take to work. If you leave something anywhere in the system, you'll never see it again.

sweetpee_1993

We left a camera on Dinosaur at AK. Checked lost & found daily for a few months. Never saw it again. Priceless pics of boys fishing gone forever.

:bawling:

ninjaprincesst

My brother in law left the charger for his video camera in his room, and like you sister it was like three weeks later when he discovered what he did, and they found it and mailed it back to him.

jlsHouston

I left my little backpack twice lying around somewhere last summer while we were on vacation and it ended up at BWI and returned to me...eyeglasses, lighter, some cash, cigarettes...I had my phone in my pocket and my KTTW around my neck in the lanyard pouch with my id so that wasn't missing but I was really freaked about my eyeglasses because we were driving and I really can't see to drive without them...I mean around Houston where I know the highways and the roads...but somewhere where I need to read signs OMG I was freaked both times this happened last summer and both times someone turned it in. I had reported it missing to lost & found and it was sent to my resort for me. I gotta give Disney and the guests of Disney credit for that kind of consideration

MickeyPeace

I've lost an iPhone on test track and gotten it back. Lost sunglasses on magical express and gotten them back. Left a credit card at Maya Grill and gotten it back.

Only fail was leaving sunglasses on expedition Everest. Didn't get those back.

Pretty good track record.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
D what is going on with you, wdw vacations and photos?? When you lost your memory card I had a good feeling you find it, should I say I have a horrible feeling about this and turn the mojo around!!?

In all seriousness ---Fingers crossed this turns up.

DRC68

Back in 90', I was staying in one of the FW cabins with friends. I had hidden all of my travelers checks under the TV for safe keeping. On the bus to the airport to fly back to MA, it hit me that they were still there. I called lost
and found from the terminal (no cel phone yet). Within a week, all of my checks were in my mailbox.

Couple of years ago, we were on Kali River with my DD. My DW was holding DD's glasses so they wouldn't get broken...or lost. Haven't seen em since.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
D what is going on with you, wdw vacations and photos?? When you lost your memory card I had a good feeling you find it, should I say I have a horrible feeling about this and turn the mojo around!!?

In all seriousness ---Fingers crossed this turns up.

I know!!! Seriously, it's bad! Deleting photos on accident, losing memory cards... And then right before our trip last month, I discovered my wonderful dog had chewed up one of my memory cards. Some pictures from our trip in May were lost. Not all of them, thank goodness. I just think I should never bring a camera to WDW again!!

Lost and fund called back. nothing was found so she gave me the number to parks lost and found. Highly doubtful anything will turn up though, I think. Ugh.

Obi

on the trip we took, back in september, my dad left his insulin pack at the restaurant we had breakfast in. he didn't notice it until dinner time when he needed to take another shot. the restaurant found it and had it sent over to where we were.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom