Has anyone ever done the Cape May clam bake or breakfast??

Lil'mermaid

We are planning to go over there for a meal. I just wanted to know if anyone had been there and if you know of any of the things served there. Im not real big on fish but my mom says there is other stuff there. I just wanted to know if it is worth it

Thanks!!!!!!:wave:

GoofyMike29

if you like seafood it works out best for ya...

but they also have chicken and steak i believe...there is a large selection of non-seafood food to chose from

it was a fun time, you should go...and do not forget to bring your appetite

Upvote 0

Simba1

haven't done the clam bake...but have done the breakfast twice. if you're staying at an epcot resort, the breakfast works out very nicely because you can simply walk over to the beach club. the breakfast is very all-american...sausage, eggs, waffles, pancakes...donuts, bagels....you name it, it's on the buffet. And the characters come out in their fancy New England swimming garb to meet with you and your kids. It's a nice experience. There's my two cents...

Upvote 0

roysta123

The breakfast is great! I like it much better than the Chef Mickey's breakfast. The characters are all dressed in their bathing suits and Goofy is the star of the show. It is definately worth trying.

Upvote 0

Pippa

I have done the clambake a couple of times and it is totally worth it! The food is great and if you don't eat fish there's plenty else to have. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Ijones88

:wave: The clam bake is awesome!! Don't forget to try the clam chowder, the chef told me it's a recipe that has not been changed for a long time. Even my wife ate it and she hates seafood...oh well, that leaves more for the rest of us!! They also have pan seared salmon, shrimp, clams, mussels, and bunches more. And the desserts are wonderful too!! Give it a try, you'll like it!

Upvote 0

youngatheart21

Definitely worth it!!!

I made PS reservations for the Cape May Cafe clam bake 3 months before my trip after reading great reviews from the unofficial guide. When I got there the food was awesome. I am also not a seafood person but they also had chicken, ribs, mashed potatoes. I loved it so much that I returned a couple of days later. By the way the Cape May Cafe is located at the Beach Club resort.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by Katherine
I've never heard of this but I'm interested in checking it out maybe. Where is it?

It's in the Beach Club Resort.

By the way...does anyone know if the chowder is New England or Manhatten? (thanks from Lil'mermaid's mom)

Upvote 0

Bagheera

We haven't been to the breakfast yet (we'll remedy that in October), but we've now done the dinner twice, and it's become an every-trip meal. As far as the non-seafood thing (Mermaids not eating seafood? Shocking! Then again, a fish could be somebody's brother.....) the last time there, I had so much of the other stuff, I forgot about the clams and stuff and had to make a second trip to the buffet just for that!

Upvote 0

Lil'mermaid

Original Poster
Very Very cool!!! I really don't eat much sea food (Although I am very in to the SEE food diet!!!:lol: :lol: ) So hearing that there are other things I would eat is GREAT!! I am sooo picky so that when we go somewhere to eat I look the place up first but this one was a lil harder being a buffet. Thank you all for your help!!!!

Upvote 0

Wckd Queen

Since Im a big fan of the real Cape May too, I naturally had to eat at the Cape May Cafe! As everyone said, its your standard breakfast fare, but the characters are just too cute in their old fashioned swimwear. Nice atmosphere too :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom