Has anyone else seen this

MUTZIE77

Original Poster
I was at MK a few weeks back, and was walking from Frontierland to Liberty Square and saw a sanitation CM with a broom and trash collector. Upon closer inspection I saw that he had water in the trash collector and was dipping the broom into it. He was then using the soaked broom to draw Mickey's face on the concrete. He was really quite good considering what he was using to create Mickeys likeness. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. Unfortunately I didnt have my camera on me and didnt get any pics.

a2grafix

I saw this as well last week during my trip to WDW, Universal and SeaWorld. Actually, went to the Magic Kingdom at the opening Dec. 16, my last day. About an hour after opening, exited the Haunted Mansion and walked toward Fantasyland.

Witnessed a janitorial cast member creating Mickey Mouse and Ariel water outline designs. Very cool.

I did take a picture and will post it later tonight after work.

In the interim, Disney Parks blog posted a video of some cast members creating the designs.

PhotoDave219

I was at MK a few weeks back, and was walking from Frontierland to Liberty Square and saw a sanitation CM with a broom and trash collector. Upon closer inspection I saw that he had water in the trash collector and was dipping the broom into it. He was then using the soaked broom to draw Mickey's face on the concrete. He was really quite good considering what he was using to create Mickeys likeness. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. Unfortunately I didnt have my camera on me and didnt get any pics.

Ive seen it done in Epcot before. I like it. And there's a photo over in the Photo subforum.

happymom52003

I don't have any pics of a Mickey one, but here are a few from DHS. We watched a janitor make these in front of the Jedi Training stage. I was amazed at how fast he did them!

DSC_0778.jpg

DSC_0779.jpg

DSC_0780.jpg

a2grafix

Here's the water outline Mickey in front of Peter Pan in Fantasyland Dec. 16. The cast member also drew Ariel, but I didn't take a picture of it. Impressive, though.

wateroutlinrmickeyDec16.jpg

TimNRA757

Anyone know what kind of chemical they use for this? At first I thought it was water but it isn't based on when I saw people letting their kids play on the ground the stuff doesn't 'smear' or anything...

joanna71985

I saw a custodial CM draw Mickey, Goofy, and Donald one evening in Town Square. He was really good, and there was a crowd of people watching that were all quite impressed. I love watching them make the drawings.

disfan411

I saw a CM at the magic kingdom draw mickey when I was there last July. It was really cool to see. The guy did a great job. Keep up the great work.

luvlifeinfl

I have not had a chance to see or witness this, but the video on the Disney blogs was awesome. To me it is these simple things than are done that are magical. I also enjoyed the interecaction from the CM.

MUTZIE77

Original Poster
They do an very fine job entertaining. When I was there, there was a sizeable crowd gathering after I stopped to see what he was doing. I wonder if they really enjoy what they do despite having to collect trash, or if they are just dressed as janitorial CM's and sent into the parks to perform. Either way it is another tid bit that sets Disney apart from everyone else. Thanks for posting the pics guys, otherwise some may have thought I was crazy.

Wbnemo1

Finally get to see a pic... I'd heard about this, very neat. I'd been doing something a little different than that since 1995 during parade time up until we lost parade audience control in our area last year. I did my designs in masking tape, someone took a pic on their cell phone and sent it to me, A littlre abstract, but fun to do none the less...
Cheers,
Babs

2.jpg

disney magic 06

We saw one of these artists at Downtown Disney in May, he was great, I could have watched him all night! We saw him draw Donald and Mickey, I'm pretty sure he didn't collect rubbish though.

marypoppins68

I saw one of these in Tomorrowland last Sunday. It said "Disney Dogs" and was a picture of Goofy and Pluto. It was down by the Speedway. First time I'd seen one. Very cool. My guess is the CM is just dressed as custodial. Like the Jamminators in Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom