Has anyone else received this email promo recently?

Dr.GrantSeeker

Original Poster
I just got an email promo, inviting me to return to the Grand Flo and gave me a special number to call to get a special rate. Was curious if anyone else has received this for the Grand or any of the other resorts. Or if this rate would be better than the AP rate I get now?

Subject of the email is: "Join us again at DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN Resort & Spa!"

Attachments

• Promo email.PNG
    Promo email.PNG
    427.3 KB · Views: 241

nickys

Premium Member
I’ve seen reports of 30-40% off and one person reported they got 52% off.

I think these email promos are tailored to guests now, in lieu of bounce back offers. So they are not open to everyone. Like the old PIN code emails.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Not specifically, all it says at the bottom of the email is valid through "late spring"
I did call to see what rate my email was tied to and they number they gave me was better than my AP discount. I did some math and its around 45% off the rack rate.
When did you last stay at the GF? Curious because I have had two stays in the past 4 months and did not receive an email offer.

nickys

Premium Member
When did you last stay at the GF? Curious because I have had two stays in the past 4 months and did not receive an email offer.
There’s someone on another forum who stays at the GF regularly who was also saying she hadn’t got one. The consensus was, including from her, that since these offers are to entice people to stay at a particular resort, they’ll likely use them for people who’ve stayed once, or maybe twice, in the last couple of years. People who stay there frequently don’t need enticing back. So it’s being used as bait not a reward.

Dr.GrantSeeker

Original Poster
I'm honestly not even sure, its been so long. Well over 2 years ago though. I'm not a huge fan of the Grand and hardly ever stay there.

EdnaMode

We stayed in October, November and February and have an upcoming in April, all on AP 40% off rates.

I'm sure this would be targeted toward people who don't typically book GF or can't access AP rates. GF nearly allllllways has availability, so I'm sure they'd like to fill it up a bit more. It's been very (beautifully....) uncrowded these last few stays.

Last edited:

Kristopher Rannells

Yes, we received this offer as well. We've only stayed at the GF once in over 20 trips, in 2019 as a 2nd honeymoon trip, We usually stay at the Poly, but since it was just my wife and I we stayed at her dream resort

DaGoof00

Received it and booked 2 separate rooms with it for next month, got nearly 50% off of rack rate!

Have stayed at the Grand annually since 2008, some years with multiple visits, was last there in October 2020, stayed at Yacht Club in February.

pj4963

Received it and booked 2 separate rooms with it for next month, got nearly 50% off of rack rate!

Have stayed at the Grand annually since 2008, some years with multiple visits, was last there in October 2020, stayed at Yacht Club in February.
How did you like your stay at Yacht? We are saying there in June Is it a long walk to Epcot?

thanks

DaGoof00

How did you like your stay at Yacht? We are saying there in June Is it a long walk to Epcot?

thanks
We enjoyed our stay at Yacht. The Grand is my favorite (but I'm also used to it there) have stayed at Yacht twice and enjoyed both experiences very much. Storm along bay is great, and if you want a less crowded more quiet pool side retreat, the quiet pool is a nice escape. Friendly staff and you can't beat being able to walk to DHS and Epcot. Under non-covid times, access to the boardwalk is nice too.

Walk to Epcot just under 10 minutes, walk to DHS is about 20 minutes (if you're feeling ambitious). Skyliner is an inconvenient route to get to DHS, so if not walking would recommend bus.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I just got an email promo, inviting me to return to the Grand Flo and gave me a special number to call to get a special rate. Was curious if anyone else has received this for the Grand or any of the other resorts. Or if this rate would be better than the AP rate I get now?

Subject of the email is: "Join us again at DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN Resort & Spa!"
Next time you talk to Cosmo let him know you got a friend who's never stayed at the GF and wants to know what "all the fuss" is about over there. If he can get me a good price I MAY BE WILLING to stay a night or two. :p

Lucky you! You don't see that kind of thing too often!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom