Has anyone else read this book?

meekoman

Original Poster
I just finished "The Epcot Explorer's Encyclopedia" by R.A. Pederson. I thought it was really good book about the background of the park and it's pavilions and countries. It even has the history of the parking lot. The majority of it was very well written, however, the second half of the book is filled with typos. Some chapters go into great detail of the initial opening and refurbishments of attractions, while other chapters skim over areas. Having previous experience in printing and book production, I found it interesting that there were 6 blank pages at the end of the book which could have easily been filled with material.

The author knew his stuff about the history of the park, but it would have been nice if he would have included diagrams to go along with the descriptions he was mentioning regarding attractions just like Martin does with his videos. This brings up a point, Martin needs to write a book.

AEfx

I've had it on my night stand for months, but haven't had time to crack it open yet. I do look forward to it - thanks for reminding me!

SeaCastle

I felt it was great that somebody finally decided to put the history of EPCOT into print, but the amount of typos was a bit embarassing. He (the author was MouseMerf/RobFL on here) also didn't go into too much detail about World Showcase, which was a little disappointing. On the other hand, I did learn some things that I hadn't known before in the Future World section. I would say that the book is worth buying for reference, though to call it an encyclopedia is a bit of a stretch, at least in my opinion.

JIMINYCR

My wife just bought me the book. She knows I'll read anything Disney, looking for background stories on the history of how the parks were made. I read though it quickly, there was material in this book that I found interesting, from the earliest rides and how they were replaced over time. I also thought it could have been better if it included more on the individual countries. Overall it was enjoyable, but I must say I also was annoyed by the many typos.

meekoman

Original Poster
It almost seemed like he rushed through the second half (world showcase) of the book. Nothing was mentioned about parades, international gateway, transportation around WS, other daytime entertainment offered. I did enjoy what was written though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom