Has anyone booked a Disney Resort via cancel-on?

AnaIs

Original Poster
So I was desperate to find a booking for a hotel inside the park for New Year. My mom said she found something. It was through travel search engine Trivago, I had used the site before so I proceeded to buy. Moments later I saw the site it was bought from was unfamiliar to me "Cancel-on" at first I did not mind it since I was sent an email with a receipt and confirmation number and everything looked ok. But then I called the disney hotel and was told the number is not valid. I was sent a 6 digit number while Disney uses an 8 digit number. I'm panicking, has anyone used them before for a Disney resort reservation?

It seems the way cancel-on works is that people sell their reservations that they can't cancel to others.

Last edited:

Pixieish

I'm sorry, I can't help, but that does sound uber-sketchy. I won't book Disney through anyone other than a certified Disney TA or Disney themselves.

Minthorne

I did a room in NYC that I found through trivago that was book with cancel-on and had no issues with the reservation and hen I checked in/out.

Now when you book through another agency a lot of times the confirmation number will be different altho they do need to call and get your Disney confirmation number so you can add it to MDE, that being said the Disney reservations center cannot look up reservation numbers that are not Disney generated, what needs to happen is the agency you went through needs to get your Disney confirmation. I would call and insist

righttrack

I think for a last-minute trip, it's something to consider, but make sure back ups are available. I wouldn't want to fly down there and have no lodging. Obviously this is going to work for room-only arrangements. I guess when you decouple the package, (park tickets, etc) is there any savings? I'd only try this last-minute where there was no availability. I don't think it would happen for us, we just aren't that impulsive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom