Has anyone been to Fun Spot Kissimmee since they built Mine Blower?

Bairstow

Original Poster
I'm a big fan of the Orlando location, but I wasn't very impressed by the attractions or atmosphere of their Kissimmee park. This new coaster looks like the fanciest thing at either place, and hopefully will bring some more attention to the park. Has anyone been there to see it yet? It's only about a 20 minute Über ride from most of the resorts.

Last edited:

champdisney

I haven't but whoa... I would have never imagined Fun Spot getting a coaster. Especially a wooden one that comes with loops. I'm definitely doing this, along with the Sling Shot.

Bairstow

Original Poster
The newer Orlando location has had a pair of small coasters for a couple years. White Lightning, their wooden coaster, is especially fun at night what with their multicolored lighting package.

Tom Morrow

- a small correction, the Orlando location near I-Drive and Universal is actually the older location. It's just that until 2013 it was about 1/3rd of the size it is now, with only the ferris wheel, go cart tracks, arcade, and a few other things.

White Lightning is actually one of the best coasters in Orlando. I would say that the two locations are about equal now. Both have a sky coaster, ferris wheel, big wooden coaster, smaller family coaster, kiddie coasters, S&S swing ride, and other similar flat rides. I think the Kissimmee location has a little bit of edge for being literally right next to Old Town which has a lot of unique shops (as in mostly not generic gift shops), bars, and a free car show every Saturday night.

I rode Mine Blower a few days ago... it's good, but unfortunately a bit rough. It tears through the track a little too fast and this is one of the rare instances where I think a trim brake will improve a coaster. I can also see them needing to do that anyway since without it it's going to need more maintenance than I think Fun Spot has the manpower for.

Oh and I should note that for a brand new coaster, I was the only one on it. I don't know how Fun Spot makes enough money to build something like this.

Bairstow

Original Poster
- a small correction, the Orlando location near I-Drive and Universal is actually the older location. It's just that until 2013 it was about 1/3rd of the size it is now, with only the ferris wheel, go cart tracks, arcade, and a few other things.

That's really surprising to me.
The Orlando version certainly looks newer, with all-new buildings and fresh concrete.

I guess the Kissimmee version was built on existing Old Town infrastructure that Fun Spot purchased after they built their Orlando place from scratch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom