Has anybody ever visited WDW alone?

soxfan040713

I consider myself a pretty big WDW veteran (11 times in 21 years, probably not as impressive as some of you on here lol), all with my parents/family. Now that I'm older (26) and working full time, I've had so many urges to just drop everything and make a trip. Being a guy its understandably hard to convince friends my age to pick Disney as their destination for a vacation, and my family is getting older and can't exactly go at the same pace as they used to. Has anybody traveled to WDW alone? Is it awkward/weird? Just wondering if anyone has traveled solo and how their experiences were, interested to find out!

WDWVolFan

So next year the NASSTRAC conference in April will be held at the Swan and Dolphin...they have an afternoon off and you bet your behind that I will try to hit MK or something, especially if they have a discounted price for conference attendees...
Speaking of which, sorry for hijacking the thread with this question: If you go to a conference inside Disney property, will they give attendees discounted ticket prices?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I go to Disney quite a bit by myself. If I meet up with friends or family while I am there, great. If not, that is fine too. I have never not had an absolute blast as I only have to cater to myself and my own preferences.
WDWVol, Check with the people who are doing the Conference arrangements. If you dont have any luck there, check with WDW Ticketing specifically. I believe that they still have the Conference attendee tickets at a discounted rate for sale though. Marie

Upvote 0

Silver Figment

I was thinking about making my upcoming September trip a solo trip but ended up planning the trip with a friend of mine who has never been. I chose to go with a friend for monetary reasons and I believe that I'd end up lonely by the end of the trip. I think it depends on your personality. Some people enjoy large amounts of time to themselves so a solo trip might suit them better.

Upvote 0

kasi22

Its good that you are gone with the WDW 11 times you have much experience with WDW i also want to go Disney in this season with WDW and i hope they will give me much facilities and these tour will be remember-able for me..

Upvote 0

RubyLee

So next year the NASSTRAC conference in April will be held at the Swan and Dolphin...they have an afternoon off and you bet your behind that I will try to hit MK or something, especially if they have a discounted price for conference attendees...
Speaking of which, sorry for hijacking the thread with this question: If you go to a conference inside Disney property, will they give attendees discounted ticket prices?
Most of my solo WDW trips have been a day/half day off during work trips.

I can't speak for your conference but I can't remember any ticket offers from the ones I attended. I have an AP so it's possible I didn't notice. Shockingly there weren't a ton of people who went to the parks.....which I can't understand! :)

Upvote 0

katexo

I havent gone alone before but Im doing my first solo for 3 nights in July! I think if youre the type of person who is comfortable with being alone you will be just fine! Part of the magic for me is experiencing it with friends, but I think there will be something special about doing everything YOU want and nothing else. :)

Upvote 0

Alyssajl

I'm 27... Just graduated college....and decided to do a solo trip to Disney in September to celebrate! I was skeptical at first because I'm not a very outgoing person. But after reading stories on here of people's trips alone I became really excited! I think just the thought of going to Disney is magical! I'll be sure to let you know how it is!

Upvote 0

kasi22

I have not been there alone but i make plan for the Disney tour alone because i want to go alone tour first time toward the Disney which is hopefully good for me..

Upvote 0

DisneyDaver

Be careful though - because "I invited" I ended up paying for nearly everything. His mindset was "your staying in the hotel anyway - why should I pay half"; "you invited me to go to disney - you pay my ticket". Ah I was young and stupid back then :(

I guess I'm not surprised he thought of things that way. When I have invited dates to go on trips with me, I have always paid for the hotel room, our meals together and her airfare.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom