Harveyt0206's pre-trip report. Are we there yet??

Hello all fellow Disney freaks and lovers! :wave:

This is my first pre-trip report so bear with me.....

The players are myself, female, 37 and the trip planner and Disney obsessive. My DH, who does love Disney but mainly goes to make me happy (ahhhh.....).

So the planning for this trip began in January when I saw a "what will you celebrate" commercial. I looked at DH and said, "hey, we celebrate stuff, right? Why not Disney - pick something to celebrate". So, we are going for our anniversary. We decided on 09/25 through 09/30. We arrive at 9:50 am on the 25th.

Initially we were planning on staying at the Dolphin due to a really great deal they were running. We have stayed at the Swan before and loved it, so thought, "hey, the Dolphin will be fun". But then Disney released the free dining dates and we suddenly found ourselves thinking much bigger. DH has always wanted to stay at the Contemporary. Contemporary you say, well count me in buddy. It took me all of 15 minutes to get on line and book the whole package. Once everything was locked down, I started planning in earnest. First piece of business was to pick up my typical Disney books.

picture.php

Then, I ran out an bought a membership to this website. I was a long time lurker and decided I wanted, no needed, to bond with other Disney lovers.

I had over three months to wait before I could make my ADRs. It........ was......torture. Finally, June 27th rolled around and I could make my ADRs. Now, I wasn't sure exactly what time I could start making my dining reservations. Some people said 3:00 am EST (midnight on the west coast), others said 5:00 AM EST and so on. So..... I literally stayed up all night long trying to get into the on line dining reservation system. 3:00 am, nothing. 4:00 am, nothing. 5:00 am, still nothing. FINALLY at 6:00 am I got on and made all my reservations:

09/25 - 6:50 pm at Le Cellier (more on that one.....later)
09/26 - 2:30 pm at Le Chef's De France
09/27 - 4:30 pm at Sci-Fi (DH's only must do)
09/28 - 8:35 am for breakfast at Boma and 4:15 pm at Yak and Yeti
09/29 - 9:30 am for breakfast at Kona Cafe (hello Tonga Toast) and 4:30 pm at Crystal Palace

I was thrilled (and exhausted). We got everything we wanted. We then ordered tickets for MNSSHP for 09/29.

So, now we were back to waiting for the trip to actually get here. Now, this is when things went off the rails for us. About the first of August we started needing a "Disney bump" to help us get through the waiting period. One night, we start looking at pins on Ebay. Big, huge mistake. We have never collected pins before, but after about 3 bids we were hooked. Below is a picture of my messenger bag and just some of the pins I have purchased over the past 30 days and a picture of DH's messenger bag with his pins (in case it isn't obvious, DH is a huge Jack Skellington fan)

picture.php

picture.php

So, with our 401K now tied up in our Disney pin collection (just kidding) we had to reign ourselves in and get back to the business of waiting. When all of the sudden my mailman made me a very happy person. Hello ME tags and Disney travel pack!!!

So, last Friday, DH and I built a fire outside in our patio fireplace and were sitting, dreaming about our upcoming trip when he throws the following monkey wrench at me: "you know what, I am really excited about? MNSSHP. I am just afraid we won't have time to do and see everything. Wouldn't it be fun if we could go twice"? What? Are ya freakin' kidding me? This trip is planned, booked, scheduled and finalized within an inch of it's little baby life. And besides, the only other night on our trip that MNSSHP is running is the day we arrive, 09/25 and we have those ultra exclusive, very hard to come by Le Cellier reservations on that night. After much discussion, cut to me on the phone booking a SECOND MNSSHP for our trip and then giving up my (sniff, sniff) Le Cellier reservations.

As DH said, it's just food. We will enjoy Cosmic Ray's just as much that night. (all those Le Cellier fanatics please direct your complaints at my DH):ROFLOL:

So, there you have it. We are now ready to roll and couldn't be more excited. Sorry for the long pre-trip report. Lord help us all when I get home and do my post trip report.

Thanks for reading. Pixie dust and Disney magic for all.

I love your pin collections! I was just thinking about doing pin trading when we visit WDW in December... I may get shy and ended up not trading any though... :lookaroun
I know how you feel about ADR... I'm ready to call them, but I still have until next Tuesday to call them. I have already picked the places and dates.
Well, have a great trip and if possible please post your report! I'd love to read it :wave:

harveyt0206

Original Poster
Thanks Freckles. :) I have to be honest with you, we have spent a lot of time discussing whether or not we are actually going to trade our pins. Now, if a 6 year old asks me to trade, there is no way I could possibly say no, but for the most part, I am already too attached to these silly little things. :ROFLOL:

WishIWasAtWDW

i love the intensity of your planning! i love the unofficial guide. i have never bought the passporter, do you recommend it? and how crazy that you stayed up all night to get your adrs! i love it! hope you all have a great time!

HollyBelle

Yay! I'm so looking forward to a trip report from the Contemporary! We stayed there last September for the first time and I loved it. It was also the first trip I wrote up a report on, which then got me hooked on trip report writing, so I can't wait to read yours!

We collect pins, but don't trade. Like you, we get attached to the ones we pick out... and they're usually associated with the trip in some way (i.e. resort pin for the resort we're staying at).

Are you dressing up for either/both MNSSHP?

foreverbelle

OOOO the pins. Yeah they can get addicting. Seriously. We swore we never would. Now we find ourselves scanning through things and all for them. Yeah just to be warned.

Love your food choices they sound yummy. And since its fast approaching lunch time. They are also making me very hungry.

DisneyGigi

We did the same thing with the pins on eBay and what started as just buying them for the kids to trade turned into a thing for all of us now so yes as Foreverbelle said it is addictive!

I love Le Cellier but I can't blame you for going to nights to MNSSHP. It is so fun if we hadn't had to reschedule our trip to November we said last year we were going to do it twice because you are pushed to do all of it especially if you want to do the characters they are the only thing that will have long lines. We didn't get to do as many because we were hitting the trick or treat lines and making sure we saw the shows, fireworks and parade. Dress up too it is so fun we didn't do that much because we didn't know if many adults were going to be dressed but DH & DS snagged some Jack Sparrow hats with the hair and DD & I donned pirate Mickey ears. Next time I want to go all out. Some of the costumes are amazing!
Can't wait to read your report! Take lots of pictures.

harveyt0206

Original Poster
i love the intensity of your planning! i love the unofficial guide. i have never bought the passporter, do you recommend it?

I love the Passporter. I love lists and planning and the Passporter plays right into my OC disorder. :lol:

Your ADRs sound yummy and I love your pins!
Happy Anniversary and Have a wonderful trip!!
Thanks DisneyPrincess5. We hope to have lots of fun. :)

Yay! I'm so looking forward to a trip report from the Contemporary! We stayed there last September for the first time and I loved it. It was also the first trip I wrote up a report on, which then got me hooked on trip report writing, so I can't wait to read yours!

We collect pins, but don't trade. Like you, we get attached to the ones we pick out... and they're usually associated with the trip in some way (i.e. resort pin for the resort we're staying at).

Are you dressing up for either/both MNSSHP?

Thanks Hollybelle. We are both so excited to stay at the Contemporary. The new(er) room remodels that they did a few years ago look great. And I'm glad to know that I am not the only one who plans on hanging on to her pins. Like you said, we picked each pin for a particular reason so we would like to keep them and will probably come home with a boat load more.

As for MNSSHP, I was considering dressing up for about a minute until I realized that the temperature was still going to be hoovering around 90 so I don't think I am going to do anything other than wear a goofy hat. This chick has to stay cool.

OOOO the pins. Yeah they can get addicting. Seriously. We swore we never would. Now we find ourselves scanning through things and all for them. Yeah just to be warned.

Love your food choices they sound yummy. And since its fast approaching lunch time. They are also making me very hungry.

Thanks Foreverbelle. I can't believe how easy it was for us to accumulate so many pins, but I swear, every day we would see something that we loved. I told DH that I am going to block the Ebay sight if we/he doesn't stop. :lol:

I love Le Cellier but I can't blame you for going to nights to MNSSHP. It is so fun if we hadn't had to reschedule our trip to November we said last year we were going to do it twice because you are pushed to do all of it especially if you want to do the characters they are the only thing that will have long lines
Well DisneyShe, it is good to hear that we won't regret doubling up on our MNSSHP plans. In the end I am sure it will be a great memory, especially considering how much I love the Villains and Halloween in general. Besides, I am at Disney so how bad can it be. :) And don't worry, I will definitely be taking tons of pics.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. It means a lot.

harveyt0206

Original Poster
LOL, thanks Corey. I love trip reports too so it was a lot of fun for me to actually have the opportunity to put one together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom