Harveyt0206's 02/28 - 03/05 pre-trip report: "Back to the World so soon?"

Hello fellow Disney lovers. :wave: I am heading back down to WDW in a mere 35 days and I thought that a great way to release some of my built up anticipation is to work on a pre-trip report.

This trip is a little different in that it is a girls only trip. Just me and my mom this time.

The players/travelers:

Myself - Tracy, 37 (38 by the time we leave :eek:). This will be my 10th trip to the World. My last trip was this past September.

My Mom - LuAnn (age withheld for fear of life and limb :lol:.) She hasn't been to Disney in 20 years, so I can't wait to show her all the magic.

This trip came about thanks to one of those magical emails that offers 40% off of a Deluxe room, 35% off of a moderate and 30% off of a value resort. After much consideration and research, we opted for Coronado Springs. (Unsolicited plug: If you are looking for some great info on this resort, check out Buzz2001's web site: http://coronado_springs.tripod.com It was pretty instrumental in helping me choose this resort)

This will be my first stay at Coronado Springs, and I couldn't be more excited. I hear great things about this resort. And a big plus - no conventions are currently listed on the convention calendar for the week we are there. Yipee!!

Once the resort was decided upon my next big question was "to park hop or not to park hop". On past trips we always chose the park hopper due to the step ladder closing times between all the parks. I mean, how nice is it to see Illuminations at 9:00, take the monorail over to MK and catch Wishes at 10:00 and still have 2 hours before the park closes at midnight?

During this time of the year the parks all tend to close within an hour or two of one another, so I opted for no park hopper. I decided to try a different touring plan and will be doing one park per day, open to close.

We also opted for the quick service dining plan. During our September trip we used the regular dining plan and loved it. But we also realized that many of our favorite meals were quick service (Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bill's, Sunshine Seasons, Columbia Harbour House....you get the picture). So, I figure we will be just fine on the QS plan.

We leave Columbus on Sunday 02/28 at 5:50 am. We have a brief lay over in Atlanta and then arrive in Orlando at 9:58 am. I hope to be at the resort and checked in by noon and at our first park at 1:00.

Our touring plan is as follows:

02/28 - Day 1 - Disney's Hollywood Studios

03/01 - Day 2 - Magic Kingdom

03/02 - Day 3 - Epcot (EMH 8 am to 9 am)

03/03 - Day 4 - Animal Kingdom (EMH 5 pm to 8 pm)

03/04 - Day 5 - Magic Kingdom (EMH 8 am to 9 am) - this is the only day that I am going to wish that I had a park hopper. I am going to miss having the ability to go back to Epcot on my last day.

03/05 - Day 6 - return home to Columbus. I can already feel the sadness. :eek: Kind of silly when you haven't even left for the trip.

So, there you have it. My "girls only" trip with my mom. There is so much I want to show her and share with her during our trip. But I also want to remember to slow down and take it all in because this might be my last trip for a year or two. I feel very fortunate to be going back so soon.

Thanks for reading. See you on the flip side of my trip for some post trip pixie dust sharing.

accord99cutie

Premium Member
I absolutely LOVE Coronado Springs! you guys will definitely enjoy it as long as you go in knowing it has a large layout! The busses were great all 3 times we have stayed there, and even though we had conventions there all 3 times, they never bothered us one bit, if anything they helped to keep the pool and busses un-crowded! Have a great trip and I hope you share a trip report with us all after your vacation!!!

disneygirl1

Can't wait to here all about your trip when you get back!!! You are going to absolutely love the resort! It's my all time favorite moderate resort!!!

Did you make a special request for a particular building. It is a huge resort. I prefer the Cabanas for Casitas as they are the closest to El centro and the Pepper Market.

Enjoy!!!

foreverbelle

I hope you and your mom have a fabulous time. I am sure she is going to be surprised at the amount the place has changed in the past 20 years! She is in for a fabulous time. Be sure to let us know how things went when you return.

HollyBelle

How fun! I absolutely love Coronado Springs and it's definitely my favorite of the moderate resorts. With the new room upgrades I think it'll even feel more like a deluxe than it did before. You are going to have such a great time. I look forward to reading a trip report when you return.

harveyt0206

Original Poster
Thank you for taking the time to write this. let us know your trip was when you get back.

HB
Sure. :) I love reading trip reports so it's always fun when I can contribute a little something.

I absolutely LOVE Coronado Springs! you guys will definitely enjoy it as long as you go in knowing it has a large layout! The busses were great all 3 times we have stayed there, and even though we had conventions there all 3 times, they never bothered us one bit, if anything they helped to keep the pool and busses un-crowded! Have a great trip and I hope you share a trip report with us all after your vacation!!!

Thanks for the info Accord99cutie. It really helps to hear what other members think of a property that you are visiting for the first time. I think I am prepared for the large lay out, but we will see if reality turns out to be what I have imagined. :lol:

Can't wait to here all about your trip when you get back!!! You are going to absolutely love the resort! It's my all time favorite moderate resort!!!

Did you make a special request for a particular building. It is a huge resort. I prefer the Cabanas for Casitas as they are the closest to El centro and the Pepper Market.

Enjoy!!!

Thanks Disneygirl1! Actually, I haven't made my building request yet but I read somewhere that you can send a fax in ahead of time to put in a request. I do plan on doing that a few weeks before my arrival and I am hoping to get a room in Casitas. I know Disney does try to accommodate requests but I am trying not to get my hopes up in case they aren't able to work us in there.

I've stayed at Coronado and have always enjoyed it very much. Hope you have a great trip and can't wait for the TR!

Thanks DisneyPrincess5. :wave:

I hope you and your mom have a fabulous time. I am sure she is going to be surprised at the amount the place has changed in the past 20 years! She is in for a fabulous time. Be sure to let us know how things went when you return.

Thanks Foreverbelle. We are both really excited for this trip. I keep trying to prepare her for how different things are now as compared to when she last went in 1989. She has no recollection of Epcot at
all. :eek: lol....So it should be a lot of fun for us.

How fun! I absolutely love Coronado Springs and it's definitely my favorite of the moderate resorts. With the new room upgrades I think it'll even feel more like a deluxe than it did before. You are going to have such a great time. I look forward to reading a trip report when you return.

That's great to hear HollyBelle. The room upgrades were a huge part of our decision. I also liked the idea of having so many walkways and paths to explore during out time out of the parks. Since we will be done by 8:00 most days, a nice breather at the end of the day in one of the hammocks sounded perfect

riogirl

The Coronado Springs was beautiful and regardless of conventions, it is so big that you rarely run into conventioneers. We stayed there this past August and the website you said that you used was exactly what I used too! Buzz was awesome, he even e-mailed me personally with some helpful answers to my questions and everything was spot on! Enjoy your visit...just make sure to request a room near a bus stop because it is a little spread out (we requested Casitas building 5 and were given a water view without even paying for it!)

harveyt0206

Original Poster
The Coronado Springs was beautiful and regardless of conventions, it is so big that you rarely run into conventioneers. We stayed there this past August and the website you said that you used was exactly what I used too! Buzz was awesome, he even e-mailed me personally with some helpful answers to my questions and everything was spot on! Enjoy your visit...just make sure to request a room near a bus stop because it is a little spread out (we requested Casitas building 5 and were given a water view without even paying for it!)

Thanks Riogirl. I am absolutely convinced that I want to stay in Casitas so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Are you harassing everyone around you with a Disney countdown? That's what I do. :)

I think Coronado is nice. My family and I stayed there for one night a couple of years ago. I thought it was pretty and the room was nice. My family hated it. But don't concern yourself about that! They were more than a little biased. They were in a bit of a bad mood because our favorite, Riverside, was booked and we had gotten lost for a while AND it was raining. Silly family. Don't take it out on the hotel. :brick:

Anyway, have a great trip! Hope your mom has fun!

harveyt0206

Original Poster
Sounds like a great trip =) Girls only for the win!

LOL, thanks Tiaragirl. :) Definitely "girls only for the win".

Are you harassing everyone around you with a Disney countdown? That's what I do. :)

I think Coronado is nice. My family and I stayed there for one night a couple of years ago. I thought it was pretty and the room was nice. My family hated it. But don't concern yourself about that! They were more than a little biased. They were in a bit of a bad mood because our favorite, Riverside, was booked and we had gotten lost for a while AND it was raining. Silly family. Don't take it out on the hotel. :brick:

Anyway, have a great trip! Hope your mom has fun!

Yes Danielle, I am absolutely driving everyone insane with my countdown. I think the only person not annoyed with me right now is my mom. Go figure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom